Sign in to follow this  
BrianEchevarria

Steam Frame Rate Issues

Wooo! I just asked someone who is more tech savvy than I am:

The lag online is because one player has resolution settings that are too high. Players who are noticing lag should lower the resolution to the default 1280x720 and see if the effects continue. If the problem does continue lower the resolution by increments until the lag abates. This problem is typically seen on machines that have specs that are at or below minimum listed specs.

Basically to sum p both answers into one simplified answer, your problem is either:

A: Other players

or

B: Your computer can't handle the game, whether it be our video card or (lack thereof) or your CPU power

Any who has bought Castle Crasher and/or got from the giveaway, is anyone getting frame rate issues and Lag input? i know this game is just out day 1 but are you guys planning on fixing this? :arrow:

Brian did you give it another shot after reading this thread? Just wanted to see if it helped!

Yeah I had terribly bad lag when I joined someone else but when I hosted myself; it was fine. I guess it just depends on the players that you're about to play with.

Unfortunately, I'm having framerate issues as well in the PC version of CC. And it's not due to lack of power in either the video card or CPU. I'm currently running a Core i5-3570K with 16GB RAM (yes, it was silly and 8 would work just as fine) and an EVGA GTX 560 2GB Superclocked.

Strangely, the framerate started going down the toilet after my second start of the game, I think. And it's a local game, not online.

Oh, and by framerate issues, I mean ~20 FPS sometimes, nearly unplayable. Hopefully a moderator will see these soon.

Hi, I'll be passing on your question on to the Behemoth support staff. Just a heads up, the moderators here are usually just here to moderate the forums. Technical issues forum threads are usually answered by other forum members who can help out with the situation or I usually ask for help from the support team at The Behemoth.

Oh, and by framerate issues, I mean ~20 FPS sometimes, nearly unplayable. Hopefully a moderator will see these soon.

20 FPS is unplayable? :?

I'm forced to play Runescape and most other games at around 7 FPS max, right now.

Wish I could help, but there's too many variables for your situation.

Howdy. I got the 4 - pack for me and 3 friends the other day. Currently enjoying the game so far.

But for some reason when one of my friends plays online with us, we get a large framerate lag.

We all live pretty close to each other and have pretty good PC's.

I've heard others are getting similar problems like this. will this be dealt with in the upcoming patch?

Thanks in advance.

Tell your technical support staff that I resolved the issue. It was x360ce (an X input wrapper for my DirectInput controller). Removed it and framerate issue went away.

I am also having the same problem with the framerate. Even when I drop my resolution down to 640x480 and windowed. It will play fine for a little while and then it will lag really bad after about 15-20 min of play. For every 2 sec of game play there is around .5 sec lag. If I close the program and reload then it will go away for another 15-20 min but will come back.

I have a i5 2.4ghz with 4g ram. GPU = Geforce GT 540M with my drivers updated to the newest 306.23. I've made sure I am using my dedicated graphics (geforce) and not my internal. I can run borderlands 2 on almost max settings.

I use a wireless xbox controller so i dont know if it has anything to do with Eggie's comment above or not.

Any help would be good. I love the game. it just gets really annoying if im in a boss fight and have to reload the game every 20 min.

Thanks

Oh sorry i meant AntiPerson's post.

And I am just playing in single player also. So nothing to worry about other people's bandwidth or connection or whatnot. Just plain single player on my own computer with just myself.

I am also having the same problem with the framerate. Even when I drop my resolution down to 640x480 and windowed. It will play fine for a little while and then it will lag really bad after about 15-20 min of play. For every 2 sec of game play there is around .5 sec lag. If I close the program and reload then it will go away for another 15-20 min but will come back.

I have a i5 2.4ghz with 4g ram. GPU = Geforce GT 540M with my drivers updated to the newest 306.23. I've made sure I am using my dedicated graphics (geforce) and not my internal. I can run borderlands 2 on almost max settings.

I use a wireless xbox controller so i dont know if it has anything to do with Eggie's comment above or not.

Any help would be good. I love the game. it just gets really annoying if im in a boss fight and have to reload the game every 20 min.

Thanks

I am also having the same issue with the game slowing as I play. I have tried several times to play now and it works great for first 10 - 15 minutes and then thing begins to slow. I have only played locally so the issue is not internet related. I am using an AMD system Phenom X2 955 8 GB Memory and Radeon HD 6770. Good game when it plays properly. How could this have been released with a bug this bad?

Howdy. I got the 4 - pack for me and 3 friends the other day. Currently enjoying the game so far.

But for some reason when one of my friends plays online with us, we get a large framerate lag.

We all live pretty close to each other and have pretty good PC's.

I've heard others are getting similar problems like this. will this be dealt with in the upcoming patch?

Thanks in advance.

Hello! Please give the following a try:

The lag online is because one player has resolution settings that are too high. Players who are noticing lag should lower the resolution to the default 1280x720 and see if the effects continue. If the problem does continue lower the resolution by increments until the lag abates. This problem is typically seen on machines that have specs that are at or below minimum listed specs.

I also did purchase a Pack 4 on steam to play with my friends and apparently the problem is only on my game. Always after 15 to 20 minutes of starting the game features a frame lag or miss absurdity.

I use a system Phenom x3 720 2.8ghz, 8G MEMORY and Radeon HD 5830, already reduced the game resolution to 800x600 and the problem continues both in single player and cooperative games.

I tried to do the checking game cache on steam and I always get the message "1 Files failed to validate and will be reacquired." and never seems to be that the file is corrupted repaired.

Hi Megan, I'm returning to the forum to ask how's the processor patch the game, do you have any release date for a patch fixing the bugs reported so far? I look forward to enjoying the game rs.