Sign in to follow this  
UberLordNightshades

Castle Crashers 3D ?!

Hey !! @behemoth studio do you think that's possible to do a Castle Crashers 2! in 3D ?! with physx engine and a cool story with the same/new character would be loving cool ! isn't it ? but always in side scrolling (left to right,top,bottom,moves)

And with some little blood particles =) can be great to see the Mad Cat Rip off the head of a player lol.

Can be a good project after it's not me the lead director =PP.

Edited by UberLordNightshades

The whole castle crashers thing is based around Dan's kinda cute illustration style though, so not sure if it would be a good idea.

• Upvote 1

We already have many of these threads, actually. They all concluded to the same thing: Community fails to provide an incentive to add a 3rd dimension to castle crashers, Dan states he doesn't want to make a second castle crashers, thread is locked.

But it's okay, you couldn't know, it's your first day.

The behemoth has already stated its stance on sequels. They do not like making them.

I, as a fan, would welcome a second iteration of castle crashers, but I'd rather have new concepts the like of battleblock theater.

• Upvote 1

There won't be Castle Crashers 2. Maybe. But probably not. And think, what kind of stuff could they add to make it a sequel? They covered most of the possible enemies and locations. And we don't want CC to be like COD and release the same game annually. And 10% of the reason I play behemoth games are because they are 2D. 90% percent of the reason is that they are ETERNALLY FUN!!! I edited the my post and I take back what I said about Dan's art and 3D not matching.

Edited by ChampionRage

There won't be Castle Crashers 2. Maybe. But probably not. And think, what kind of stuff could they add to make it a sequel? They covered most of the possible enemies and locations. And we don't want CC to be like COD and release the same game annually. And 25% of the reason I play behemoth games are because they are 2D. Dan's art and 3D do not match.

Actually, dan has made some 3D flathead stuff, and it looked pretty fine. Look it up.

the castle crashers characters look really cool in 3D. just take a peek at the figurines!

25819-headerCCnecrokickstart.jpg

• Upvote 4

WOW! This is amazing, cool and even more evil and "darkside" ever! My necessity on have it now? About 100 of 10... Dan, Castle Crashers 2 and 3D for it, are awsome ideas! I would buy this perfect game in the release day for sure, and would play it even more then I play CC... Shame there is no possibility... :?:-(

Hey !! @behemoth studio do you think that's possible to do a Castle Crashers 2! in 3D ?! with physx engine and a cool story with the same/new character would be loving cool ! isn't it ? but always in side scrolling (left to right,top,bottom,moves)

And with some little blood particles =) can be great to see the Mad Cat Rip off the head of a player lol.

Can be a good project after it's not me the lead director =PP.

Do you mean a sort of 2.5D, where Character models and the environment are rendered in 3D, but you're limited to moving from left to right and up and down? Otherwise I can't see how side scrolling would work in a 3D game.

We already have many of these threads, actually. They all concluded to the same thing: Community fails to provide an incentive to add a 3rd dimension to castle crashers, Dan states he doesn't want to make a second castle crashers, thread is locked.

Way to troll the new guy. But its okay, everyone does it every now and then.

Although I don't see the point in adding 3D to a 2D sidescroller. Dan has indeed stated that the Behemoth is not interested in making sequals. He then later stated (over a year had lapsed) that the Behemoth has not ruled out the possibility of sequals and that there is indeed potiental for them to happen.

However I do not know if he has countered the statement that counters the first since then. I believe its fair to say that anything is possible at this point and none of us have a clue.

I would personally love to see a sequal and/or massive expansion to Castle Crashers so long as character data transfers over to the new game and the air juggling mechanics remain the same. Although it was unintentional in design, air juggling has become the backbone for hardcore players both in Arena and Story Mode. Without it the game alters dramatically for all of us.

It would be cool, but, the Behemoth games are unique because of the 2D style they have in it.

Edited by yugo657

Way to troll the new guy.

That's not what "trolling" means you oblivious nut. I'm giving him actual pointers, don't discourage other members from helping people by calling them trolls. You're not helping.

0c92716c_back-in-the-days-trolling-meant-something.jpeg

That's not what "trolling" means you oblivious nut. I'm giving him actual pointers, don't discourage other members from helping people by calling them trolls. You're not helping.

I was making a joke as per my near copy your own statement. And quoting the one entirely irrelevent statement in my post is not thread progress. I demand you comment on the rest of my post as well.

fist%2Bon%2Btable.jpg

Edited by The Forgotten Knight

I was making a joke as per my near copy your own statement. And quoting the one entirely irrelevent statement in my post is not thread progress. I demand you comment on the rest of my post as well

fist%2Bon%2Btable.jpg

No, I am not doing this. When you start a post by telling people who bring a valid answer trolls, it tells a whole lot about the quality of the post in general.

Kinda strange thread in my opinion... As i know, source of inspiration for CC was old beat-em-ups like DnD TOD/SOM, Final Fight, (hopefully...Well, personally for me) Streets of Rage, etc. There never was actually 3D thing 'bout this games, and no way it should be 'bout CC. What makes this game look so cool even on PC, even after 4 years? It's 1st- cool artist's style, 2nd- its 2D. If it was 'bout 3D and even cel-shading, it would've shown it's age. Personally, as i see it- CC do not need 3D, or sequel. It may need new map pack, new princesses, bosses and characters (or at least quest of turning Tricky-princess into normal one)) but 3D? Nay)

Behemoth should do what the XBLA game Shadow Complex did. It was first and formost a 2D game but when a turret is found it switched around to 3D which was a nice transition and change of pace.

Edited by jelly belly9000

I really don't like 3D, not because I'm biased against it, but because most developers don't take the time to polish the game to make sure everything is fluid and snaps into place when it is near completion. I of course think Behemoth would take the time to make sure it works exactly as they imagined it and get feedback on how fun it is to control the characters.

I still don't think that it would be as fun to play as it is in 2D, simply due to the fact that animations are faster and some attacks and movement look fine to transition to while using 2D that look awkward in 3D and feel more sluggish due to their being more frames to counteract this.

Almost every 3D remake of a great 2D beat'em up that I've played, simply wasn't as good as it's predecessor. TMNT: Reshelled, Golden Axe... I guess I should have just skipped all of this typing and wrote "Golden Axe".

tl;dr Golden Axe in 3D

Edited by ZaQ

Kinda strange thread in my opinion...

I agree with you (with the whole post obviously).

tl;dr Golden Axe in 3D

Whahahahaha great.