TheRedKnight93

Steam Issue Megathread

Hey guys, it's me again (you may remember me asking a loooong time ago to have this game ported to pc with a giant thread, I'm very excited that it did come BUT it came with some issues which is where I really hoped you guys would have asked for some external testing to help make the launch smoother)

Anyway as the game currently stands, it would have had a HUGE launch player-base on steam but the current posts for the game in the forum are most likely scaring away literally thousands of customers, but the threads are legit, they are real issues. So I'm taking my time to report all the issues I've personally noticed, and I will link this thread on steam to get some info from other users as well. If you're already here feel free to help!

Visual Issues:

1) The game doesn't seem to stretch properly past 720p (1280x720) I believe this is because the game is hand drawn? Anyway my solution was to play in windowed @ 1280x720, IF possible it would be wonderful if you could at least make it scale to 2560x1600 or a minimum of 1920x1080 (a majority of pc users play in that resolution according to steam hardware survey)

2) Framerate locked @ 30fps, while this feels fine on console it definitely does not feel fine here; especially since my monitor is refreshing @ 120hz on the desktop. After a lengthy amount of play I actually started to feel sick because it looked like the game was sort of chugging (it's a kind of weird tearing that occurs when the refresh rate is higher than the framerate). So hopefully you guys are able to uncap the framerate to at least 120 frames, if not possible THEN 60 frames minimum would at least be very acceptable

3) All the menus still have xbox symboled icons instead of keyboard icons, this will confuse most players!

Online Issues:

1) Microphone always on - By default microphones should be set to "Push-To-Talk" and a key should be default binded in options, and also changeable via key mapping

2) Connection issues - I'm not sure what causes this, but every now and again you'll get a "fixing connection" tab with the players, this has nothing to do with the host (which was me)

3) Online lag/delay: When playing online I noticed heavy lag or it sort of felt like input delay (like a v-sync feeling) It occurred when I was hosting (and yes I'm capable of hosting both net wise and CPU wise). The game does not have this issue when I play in solo mode.

4) It doesn't display anywhere what level the host currently is on their highest character, or what point in the story they are at. I don't believe this is a feature on any of the console versions, but it would be really helpful.

Option Issues:

1) We are unable to bind to our mouse, it would be extremely useful if we could bind up to mouse button 5, and mwheelup/down. That's the default for most mice users.

m1 = left click

m2 = right click

m3 = scroll wheel click down

m4 = side button 1

m5 = side button 2

mwheelup= scroll wheel up

mwheeldown = scroll wheel down

2) The default key bindings chosen in my opinion were not exactly the best, here's my default key setup which I think would be much more keyboard user friendly (and wouldn't require a controller recommendation @ start!)

Move Left - A

Move Right - D

Move up - W

Move down - S

Light Attack - Mousebutton1 (left click)

Heavy Attack - Mousebutton2 (right click)

Use item - C

Jump - Space

Magic - Q

Item Select 1 - 1

Item Select 2 - 2

Pause - Esc

Block - F

Eat - E

Eat - R

Ring Bell (I'm not entirely sure what this is) - LeftCtrl or LeftShift

Stats - TAB

Return Home - H

Other:

Please make it more visually obvious on the steam page store what extra content already comes with the game an that the two extra downloadable packages go to charity. Also I understand your pricing may have had reason to do with Microsoft, but I'm not sure if it was the smartest launch price for a game that is so aged (most AAA titles on pc that have aged decrease extremely in price)

PC Specs:

Core 2 quad @ 3.0ghz

8 GB Ram DDR3 @ 1600 mhz (clocked to 1333mhz FSB)

Gtx 285 1 GB

benQ xl2420t 24" monitor (1920x1080 @ 120hz) playing @ windowed @ 1280x720 for CC.

Well that's about all I have to post now, I will edit if I notice anything else. I'm hoping you guys can make a solid patch for this title and THEN we can get a pretty hefty player-base for this game (I know that for a fact, because it was such an enjoyable title on console)

@Behemoth, if you need to get in contact with me via steam, please add me at: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezekel

I will be glad to help test anything.

Thanks behemoth, and thanks everyone who helps contribute to the thread!

Edited by TheRedKnight93

Other user submitted: (These are issues I report from other users who replied on steam and not here)

1) Can't play local co-op with an xbox controller and a keyboard (Reported by Mumm)

2) Golem reported that: "Experiencing problem with Bi-Polar Bear pet. His description on wiki says he attacks enemies with low health, however he just doesn't... If enemy has one hit left of HP, the bear will still not attack him. I tested it on the most obvious level - Alien ship. All enemies has 1hp there and it said everywhere that the bear is useful on that level because he kills everyone in sight. However when I launched this level the bear was just chilling and doing jack-all, The only attemps he did were when I already killed the enemies so he just flew up to them and bit their corpses for a second..."

Bryff Responses: "I tested bipolar bear on barbarians. It does not attack the barbarians when they have had 44 dmg on them, but does when they have 48 dmg. I believe this is when they have 2 hp left. Which means that <11 HP as from"

http://castlewiki.ca...e=Bi-Polar_Bear is not true, or it's bugged. http://castlewiki.ca...ian_%28Enemy%29

Golem responded: It should 100% work on aliens, but it does not, therefore - bugged.

3) Another bug: Crashes in online co-op, a shitload of them. When trying to check weapon info particulary. (Golem)

4) Ok, so basically if you play Pink Knight you dont have ANY visual confiramtion that you're doing x,x,x,y combo (Element infusion combo - unlocks after your magic level hits 15) unless you look at the numbers that appear near enemies. And that sucks. Was it the same case on consoles? Need confirmation from any of you guys who owned the game and had pink knight on xbox 360 or ps3. I think this should be fixed regardless

6) Letting the game save when you're offline even for a short time seems to sometimes have the effect of locking map progression saving. To this end I've now got a character who's next point always goes back to Wizard Castle Takeoff, even when I've progressed further, wiping the later map progress. Even stranger is that it doesn't affect levels or weapon/orb/item/gold changes, only the map refuses to hold progress.

(Anonymoose)

Edited by TheRedKnight93

Other user submitted: (These are issues I report from other users who replied on steam and not here)

1) Can't play local co-op with an xbox controller and a keyboard (Reported by Mumm)

Try this -

Go to the character selection screen with the XBOX controller unplugged.

When you there, connect the XBOX controller and now the player 1 will be using the keyboard and player 2 the XBOX controller...

Having gamepad support for ones other then the 360 pad would be a HUGE plus. Most PC gamers have their own prefered game pad, as well as many people who really want the game for Steam do not own a 360 and would ahve to go buy one and the thigns needed to connect.

The Mic is a HUGE issue as I feel I cannot talk to my teamates. If my mic is plugged it its on all the tome and becomes a racket when 4 people all have mics on.

Having gamepad support for ones other then the 360 pad would be a HUGE plus. Most PC gamers have their own prefered game pad, as well as many people who really want the game for Steam do not own a 360 and would ahve to go buy one and the thigns needed to connect.

Most PC users prefer thier mouse and keyboard...

I'll be updating this thread tomorrow night or tuesday in the "other users" issues portion (2nd post) because I've gotten quite a few posts from steam users, so be on the lookout for some new issues other players seem to be having

The online is quite badly messed up if you ask me. I have an issue where there are certain people (friends on Steam) that I play this game with that get the error 'Game is no longer availible' while other plays both of the people I have this error with are able to connect with them. Heck, even when in a game there is an issue where if one of us is in a different persons game they have trouble with it too. I've tried this with public, private and Friend only games. However none seem to make a difference.

Try this -

Go to the character selection screen with the XBOX controller unplugged.

When you there, connect the XBOX controller and now the player 1 will be using the keyboard and player 2 the XBOX controller...

This won't work on my PC.

Hey thanks for posting this. Here's the latest news from The Behemoth and I'll try to keep you guys updated through the news section.

There's a lot of different types of issues listed so it will take me some time to answer each since they're so different. Would you guys mind if I broke it down to the different issues so people can find them easily and read the solutions for that specific issue?? Wanted to ask first

Edited by megan
Doh. Forgot link

It is very possible to get the 2 working together, you just have to make sure the controller is assigned to any other player besides "1"

A way to do this is to have 2 360 controllers and plug both in, the 2nd will become player 2 and afterwards you can feel free to unplug the first controller

If you only have 1 controller a method I found online was to hit the xbox button so this will pop up

http://i.imgur.com/W0DF8.jpg

When you see that quickly unplug and plug back in the controller and it should become player 2

Edited by Xemnas768

It is very possible to get the 2 working together, you just have to make sure the controller is assigned to any other player besides "1"

A way to do this is to have 2 360 controllers and plug both in, the 2nd will become player 2 and afterwards you can feel free to unplug the first controller

Alright, I'll try and re-direct the user who posted about that issue to your post, I didn't actually find that as an issue it was just something someone else posted.. however it requires very specific steps to get working so what you posted is definitely a temporary work-around but I'll still leave it up as a bug

Hey thanks for posting this. Here's the latest news from The Behemoth and I'll try to keep you guys updated through the news section. http://forums.thebeh...post__p__254774

There's a lot of different types of issues listed so it will take me some time to answer each since they're so different. Would you guys mind if I broke it down to the different issues so people can find them easily and read the solutions for that specific issue?? Wanted to ask first

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, if you mean you want to edit my first post and make it more organized (or post temporary solutions/fixes inside of my post/updates whether it's being fixed) then that sounds fine by me!

Edited by TheRedKnight93

Alright, I'll try and re-direct the user who posted about that issue to your post, I didn't actually find that as an issue it was just something someone else posted.. however it requires very specific steps to get working so what you posted is definitely a temporary work-around but I'll still leave it up as a bug

Hey thanks for posting this. Here's the latest news from The Behemoth and I'll try to keep you guys updated through the news section. http://forums.thebeh...post__p__254774

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, if you mean you want to edit my first post and make it more organized (or post temporary solutions/fixes inside of my post/updates whether it's being fixed) then that sounds fine by me!

Hmm let me think bout this one just because we may need to make multiple threads so people don't have to go through all posts to find their answer. There's already a few different threads that have addressed some of the issues in this thread, as well as the one Dan started and has a sticky.

Ok, I'm not getting many more reports via steam, so maybe we've landed down some of the most major and a few minor issues, anything else found would probably be reported along the way. If you need to edit my post feel free, just try not to remove any content !

Hey guys, it's me again (you may remember me asking a loooong time ago to have this game ported to pc with a giant thread, I'm very excited that it did come BUT it came with some issues which is where I really hoped you guys would have asked for some external testing to help make the launch smoother)

Anyway as the game currently stands, it would have had a HUGE launch player-base on steam but the current posts for the game in the forum are most likely scaring away literally thousands of customers, but the threads are legit, they are real issues. So I'm taking my time to report all the issues I've personally noticed, and I will link this thread on steam to get some info from other users as well. If you're already here feel free to help!

Visual Issues:

1) The game doesn't seem to stretch properly past 720p (1280x720) I believe this is because the game is hand drawn? Anyway my solution was to play in windowed @ 1280x720, IF possible it would be wonderful if you could at least make it scale to 2560x1600 or a minimum of 1920x1080 (a majority of pc users play in that resolution according to steam hardware survey)

2) Framerate locked @ 30fps, while this feels fine on console it definitely does not feel fine here; especially since my monitor is refreshing @ 120hz on the desktop. After a lengthy amount of play I actually started to feel sick because it looked like the game was sort of chugging (it's a kind of weird tearing that occurs when the refresh rate is higher than the framerate). So hopefully you guys are able to uncap the framerate to at least 120 frames, if not possible THEN 60 frames minimum would at least be very acceptable

3) All the menus still have xbox symboled icons instead of keyboard icons, this will confuse most players!

Online Issues:

1) Microphone always on - By default microphones should be set to "Push-To-Talk" and a key should be default binded in options, and also changeable via key mapping

2) Connection issues - I'm not sure what causes this, but every now and again you'll get a "fixing connection" tab with the players, this has nothing to do with the host (which was me)

3) Online lag/delay: When playing online I noticed heavy lag or it sort of felt like input delay (like a v-sync feeling) It occurred when I was hosting (and yes I'm capable of hosting both net wise and CPU wise). The game does not have this issue when I play in solo mode.

4) It doesn't display anywhere what level the host currently is on their highest character, or what point in the story they are at. I don't believe this is a feature on any of the console versions, but it would be really helpful.

Option Issues:

1) We are unable to bind to our mouse, it would be extremely useful if we could bind up to mouse button 5, and mwheelup/down. That's the default for most mice users.

m1 = left click

m2 = right click

m3 = scroll wheel click down

m4 = side button 1

m5 = side button 2

mwheelup= scroll wheel up

mwheeldown = scroll wheel down

2) The default key bindings chosen in my opinion were not exactly the best, here's my default key setup which I think would be much more keyboard user friendly (and wouldn't require a controller recommendation @ start!)

Move Left - A

Move Right - D

Move up - W

Move down - S

Light Attack - Mousebutton1 (left click)

Heavy Attack - Mousebutton2 (right click)

Use item - C

Jump - Space

Magic - Q

Item Select 1 - 1

Item Select 2 - 2

Pause - Esc

Block - F

Eat - E

Eat - R

Ring Bell (I'm not entirely sure what this is) - LeftCtrl or LeftShift

Stats - TAB

Return Home - H

Other:

Please make it more visually obvious on the steam page store what extra content already comes with the game an that the two extra downloadable packages go to charity. Also I understand your pricing may have had reason to do with Microsoft, but I'm not sure if it was the smartest launch price for a game that is so aged (most AAA titles on pc that have aged decrease extremely in price)

PC Specs:

Core 2 quad @ 3.0ghz

8 GB Ram DDR3 @ 1600 mhz (clocked to 1333mhz FSB)

Gtx 285 1 GB

benQ xl2420t 24" monitor (1920x1080 @ 120hz) playing @ windowed @ 1280x720 for CC.

Well that's about all I have to post now, I will edit if I notice anything else. I'm hoping you guys can make a solid patch for this title and THEN we can get a pretty hefty player-base for this game (I know that for a fact, because it was such an enjoyable title on console)

@Behemoth, if you need to get in contact with me via steam, please add me at: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezekel

I will be glad to help test anything.

Thanks behemoth, and thanks everyone who helps contribute to the thread!

I'll just answers whichever ones I can already and you can forward responses on Steam.

Visuals:

We have already started looking into the Xbox tips / Keyboard tips and sorting out how to make those changes. This one will come in a later update. As for the other two visual suggestions, I will forward them on to the dev team for consideration.

Online issues:

1) We are bringing mic configurations to our first update:

2) Connection issues: First time I've heard of this, so I'll ask our support team if they've heard other cases of this.

3) Online lag: I'm wondering if this is due to one of the other players having the resolution settings too high? That may be causing the lag.

4) I don't believe there are any plans to adding the number of completed levels to a character...

Option issues:

Looking in to these, but this would take some time so it won't be in the first update.

I don't think it's been posted yet for some reason, but there's also the issue with the memory leak that causes severe frame skipping after a few minutes of gameplay.

Everyone!!!!!

I found a solution for 1 controller and 1 keyboard!

If you have an emulated controller like me you should have the file x360ce.ini , well in it you should have somethin like this

[Mappings]

PAD1=

PAD2=IG_2e958ef0e58511e18001444553540000

PAD3=

PAD4=

But only the "PAD1" will have something written in it, just change it to 2 like me here, then just save it to desktop and overwrite as it will not let you change it.

Please post this on other threads so people can see it.

Aside from the many reports of online lag, the offline gameplay needs serious improvement! Hopefully not overlooked, the main local gameplay needs revision.

The Steam single-player gameplay suffers from delayed controls and slow hit animations. In comparison to the PS3 version, the player's attack animations on the Steam version are slow. Whether on keyboard or Xbox 360 controller, the button presses takes too long to register. This delay makes the game inferior to the console versions!

The air-juggling feels right, but the ground attacks and combos are bogged down.

It is easily noticeable especially with teh "X, X, X, Y, Y" combo. Whereas the PS3 has faster input controls, the Steam version is not as responsive. Because of this flaw, the player is left extremely vulnerable during the combo execution. This often results in the enemy A.I. sneaking in cheap hits that makes the game unfair with semi-broken mechanics.

On the PS3, the "X, X, X" and "X, X, X, Y, Y" hit animations are fluid, allowing for hit-and-run tactics. But on the Steam version, the combo slowness is debilitating. Despite how fast the buttons are pressed, the in-game character takes too long to respond with the ground attacks.

The delay is increasingly unenjoyable when performing a ground combo. At this state, I do not see the Steam version as fit for tournaments or competition any time soon...

Edited by soundsoserious

After applying Update 1.1, my computer can no longer play the game at a reasonable pace. The cutscene/segway animations seem unaffected, but the game's lag issue has gotten worse. Prior to the update, I was able to move my character around the scene fine, and the lag mostly occurred when engaging enemies. But with the update, after exiting the training room, my character moves slower than Snailburt. Is this problem going to be fixed for 1.2?

Btw, I only play offline.

Hi there..I've just bought this game on steam... I cant play multiplayer games...A message : "NO GAMES FOUND" always appears when I choose every kind of multiplayer games. I couldn't play also co op with friends because joypad issues. Even you may find a way to make the controller work it controls the keyboard player's character too. Please I want to play on multiplayer but I can't..Someone help me :(

Hi there..I've just bought this game on steam... I cant play multiplayer games...A message : "NO GAMES FOUND" always appears when I choose every kind of multiplayer games. I couldn't play also co op with friends because joypad issues. Even you may find a way to make the controller work it controls the keyboard player's character too. Please I want to play on multiplayer but I can't..Someone help me :(

There is no official support for local co-op with the keyboard + controller combination. Try using a 3rd party solution, such as the x360ce controller emulator.

I'm fairly new to using steam online but when I play Saints Row 3 online I'm able to use my computer mic to speak with other players automatically. Is there a way to turn this on for Castle Crashers? Also I don't really have lag issues but I do have connectivity issues with some of my friends, similar the connectivity issues on the xbox.