Sign in to follow this  
Koen

Pc Leaderboards Bug/ Experience Hack?!

so I was checking the leaderboards on the new pc release of castle crashers and I was quite surprised by the high amount of experience gotten already, so I thought let's check the top one for how long he/she's played thinking that must have been quite some hours, well 1,4 hours or something :/ "hey, that's strange" turns out said player hasn't even beaten the game on normal mode yet but does have "2000000999 experience"..... now I hope that this is just some bug or something and not a new 256 like most of us remember, but yeah, just wanted to share.

Just someone tweaking the files as they are client sided, not a big deal don't take the leaderboard seriously for this title and have fun. However really hoping for a patch near future and one of the developers to contact me because I believe this game could have been sitting @ 30,000+ players solid a day after launch. The launch was just so sparactic, and the port left me with an "unfinished" feel. I made a thread for them reporting all issues I've noticed and hopefully issues others have noticed and will report. Because I really want them to do well with the pc community and continue to release products for us, we're a very large playerbase, and we sell games from word of mouth VERY quickly. (ex terraria, super meat boy, dungeon defenders)

However a lot of pc users are unfamiliar with this game, and when the forums for this game are users posting issues or being upset, instead of, "hey this game is awesome" "where do I find this weapon" "help me beat this boss" then users are scared away from the purchase.

Anyway, it can be fixed! :)

I'd think that a simple way to fix this on ALL systems' boards would be to keep track of each player's playtime for a given character, then disqualify any entries that haven't put in enough playtime to rack up that score.

I'm sure we could figure out the "maximum XP per second" rather easily - just stick a few players on the Troll Mother on Insane Mode, and see how much XP they rack up when juggling all the on-screen Trolls at the same time.

I'd think that a simple way to fix this on ALL systems' boards would be to keep track of each player's playtime for a given character, then disqualify any entries that haven't put in enough playtime to rack up that score.

I'm sure we could figure out the "maximum XP per second" rather easily - just stick a few players on the Troll Mother on Insane Mode, and see how much XP they rack up when juggling all the on-screen Trolls at the same time.

It could depend on the moveset (specifically the green knight). (he's the only 1 with a unique combo so it could be different if people use him on the troll mother).

Edited by trickster2599

There is no fix besides making the character data server side (or stored on the cloud) even then with a simple memory hack players could still change the values in-game, and the only way to get rid of that would be to install an anti-cheat with the known programs, so basically none of this is going to happen. Don't get upset over a leaderboard, play for fun. And any of the online 1v1 arena matches etc enforce you to level 50 so their cheating doesn't work there. However I'm sure cheating could still go on, but I doubt anyone would go that far for such a game.

• Upvote 1