Sign in to follow this  
Gromulus

Pc Controller

I've herd that only xbox controllers can be used in the game, my friend told me his controller, mark "Cyber" does not work with Castle Crashers.

As I have not yet purchased Castle Crashers, I'm interested in this detail because I was looking forward to playing localy with friends as well.

My friend said he got a PS3 controller working

I can back that up. I to used a PS3 contoller to play this. Look up DS3 Tool.

Well the only thing that stops me from buying the game at this current moment (played the demo) is the fact that all the in-game controls like combos and button usage refers to the xbox controller. Very confusing and frustrating when being forced to try all manner of different combinations to learn what "x+y+y+a+rt" is on my keyboard.

Hoping they patch the game soon so we get accurate key icons for the controls we have binded.

Yeah it's really ridiculous that you have to go to the store and buy a whole new controller for an xbox when this is a PC GAME!

First,thank you for answer.

before the question,I already plug multiple controllers in my PC.

(The logi controller working hard in other PC game)

But idon`t know what`s next step or setting to multi-player.

Press A button to join?I press every button and nothing happened.

First,thank you for answer.

before the question,I already plug multiple controllers in my PC.

(The logi controller working hard in other PC game)

But idon`t know what`s next step or setting to multi-player.

Press A button to join?I press every button and nothing happened.

I don't think LAN or Local Multiplayer has been included in the PC version of this game, however

it would be nice to hear a dev clear this up for us. Local Multiplayer would have been great for

me, since I own multiple X-box controllers and like to play games with my friends when

they come over to my house.

Well the only thing that stops me from buying the game at this current moment (played the demo) is the fact that all the in-game controls like combos and button usage refers to the xbox controller. Very confusing and frustrating when being forced to try all manner of different combinations to learn what "x+y+y+a+rt" is on my keyboard.

Hoping they patch the game soon so we get accurate key icons for the controls we have binded.

If you go to the main menu and hit Help & Options from there go to Settings and you'll be able to see the controls for Keyboard and adjust them to your liking.

Edited by The Forgotten Knight
  • Upvote 1

hi,

bought this game to play with my son local coop. but we cant play together. logitech controller doesnt work and cant emulate xbox controller. xbox controller and keyboard work but just for one player... how can we play together? "press x" has no effect. this game is useless for us without a local coop. want our money back :|

cant find any information if anyone ever played this game together on pc... pls help us to save our weekend!

I would go ahead and purchase a 360 controller if I were you. There are a lot of games that are virtually impossible to play with a keyboard/mouse setup and this is one of them. The 360 controller is automatically compatible with almost all of the games it is suggested for, there's no reason to try and force an odd controller to work. $17 and you can play emulated games, platformers, sports games, etc. No reason not to buy one and end the constant workarounds for each and every game you want to play.

What are you talking about? I set up 1 player keyboard easily but not being able t map keys for other players is terrible mistake on part of the devs, fix this please, taking money for game without ability to play with at least 2 players on keyboard on PC is just... i dont know, thats a bit lazy and too fast release, they should of implement this before release, its so basic thing.

Let us map keys for 1-4 players please ! Even if its hard to physically play 4 player game on one keyboard it should still be possible to map the keys anyway, i dont even want to start on gamepads because this is PC but keyboard input supporting only 1 player !? COME ON!!!!

hi,

bought this game to play with my son local coop. but we cant play together. logitech controller doesnt work and cant emulate xbox controller. xbox controller and keyboard work but just for one player... how can we play together? "press x" has no effect. this game is useless for us without a local coop. want our money back :|

cant find any information if anyone ever played this game together on pc... pls help us to save our weekend!

You bought the game from Steam. You need to contact them if you want a refund. The Behemoth is a developer not a retailer.

What are you talking about? I set up 1 player keyboard easily but not being able t map keys for other players is terrible mistake on part of the devs, fix this please, taking money for game without ability to play with at least 2 players on keyboard on PC is just... i dont know, thats a bit lazy and too fast release, they should of implement this before release, its so basic thing.

Let us map keys for 1-4 players please ! Even if its hard to physically play 4 player game on one keyboard it should still be possible to map the keys anyway, i dont even want to start on gamepads because this is PC but keyboard input supporting only 1 player !? COME ON!!!!

How many games actually allow you to share a keyboard? You act as if this is a common feature in all PC games.

Edited by The Forgotten Knight

I know there are a few games from the past where 2players can share a keyboard but in this day an age it's unheard of.. Jus buy mo' gamepads, so what it's a pc, jus' buy 'em...

You will need to use a 3rd party programs that maps the buttons via keyboard or emulates a 360 controller. I use the later and works great!

This game WOULD be fun but I need the game to show me which KEYBOARD character to press not xbox.

Someone mentioned it briefly above, but you can use an XBox 360 controller emulator to use a non-supported controller with this game.

You should be able to find the emulator on this website: http://tocaedit.com - you can also use a search engine for other websites.

You might need to edit the keys. You can do that in the .ini file. You need to place that .ini file and xinput1_3.dll into wherever Castle Crashers is saved. For me, it's C:\\Steam\steamapps\common\CastleCrashersDemo\ (I'm on the demo version - I missed it in the sale because there was some error to do with my being on Windows Vista and needing to fix something in the registry - yours will probably say CastleCrashers). After that you need to open XInputTest.exe, then open Castle Crashers.

Hopefully you can get a controller to work like that. As mentioned, I don't have the full game yet (will be keeping an eye on sales, so I can afford it) but if anyone wants to play any of my other games together, add me: (Saints Row 3, Dungeon Defenders, Worms Reloaded).

Steam ID: edensb

Hey Guys

I've got Castle Crasher for the Pc and i want to play a local coop game. Got the Keyboard and one X-Box360 Controller.

But when i get to the character selection theres only one character. And if i press "A" on the Controller it just confirms the first character just as the keyboard does.

How the hell can i get another character in game? Is that possible at all?

I'm having a problem like this.

I have two xbox 360 wireless controllers, but the second one does not intereact with the game.

Other games like, first puncher and dungeons&dragons, work fine with both controllers.

Can you help me?

my Vztec gamepad is not working at all, would like to know will any controller support be implement in the future?

if I wanted to play with my siblings all together, suddenly get 3-4 xbox controller is killing my wallet.

would happy to know other gamepad can be work in the future, then will sure to get this game ! XD

would like to edit my previous post, I cant believe my Vztec gamepad work on castle crashers, strange that didnt work on demo, lol

but anyway, wanna let you guys know work on this brand of gamepad. XD