megan

Castle Crashers Steam - First Update

Hi Everyone,

We are aware of issues that people have been posting, such as resolutions, lag, push to talk, and we're looking into all these issues. We are working on the first game update, which will include configuration for mic options On/Off or push to talk, removing Xbox error messages and we'll be making the intro screen skippable. We are doing what we can in a few steps at a time.

If you have technical issues that you feel is a widespread issue, then please look for a thread in the Technical issues forum that matches your support need before started a new thread. Everyone's issue is important to us. The reason we try to keep similar requests together in one thread is so that when others come in looking for a solution, they can see if one has already been posted or being worked on.

If you feel that your support need is very specific to your settings or that you already tried all the solutions given in the forums and need further assistance, then I recommend going directly to our support team:

http://thebehemoth.com/support/ticket/

I'll be going through all the posts everyday and I'll keep everyone connected with what's going on as I hear news. Thanks to all the continuous support from our fans! We'll do our best to support you as much as you do for us <3

-Megan

Edited by megan
edit link

you said the update came, i havnt got it yet

We are aware of issues that people have been posting, such as resolutions, lag, push to talk, and we're looking into all these issues. We are working on the first game update, which will include configuration for mic options On/Off or push to talk, removing Xbox error messages and we'll be making the intro screen skippable. We are doing what we can in a few steps at a time.

Will these be followed up by content updates? I know content update are not an easy thing to keep up with when your team is not big enough to work on two games at a time, which is why I wonder if there's more to expect from castle crashers than bugfixes.

I think first lets focus on getting the game fixed up before we ask for extras ;)

I think the game is fine as is. No gamebreaking glitches for me.

Let's focus on extras.

Let's focus on extras.

Thats a kind of rude way to think :P Just because you dont have the bugs, does not mean the MANY people are hardly able to play with them should be cast asside so the company can work on more content.. Those people who bought a bugged up port should be the main focus until later down the road. Lets get this game playable for those that do have glitches. As it stands now with the bugs most people wont even buy then game (I know 6 people personally that will buy it once its fixed up).

Once its working well for everyone they can work on new ****, but first step is the issues at hand. Releasing new content for a port deemed broken by the majority of people on steam would be a BAD business move.

EDIT: I would also like to point out that I have not seen any of the bug, my PC runs it 100% my only issues that effect me are no PTT option, bad matchmaking system, and no Logitech pad support (solved with an emu but still should not have too). So I am not advocating getting the bugs fixed for myself, its just common sense.

Game gets fixed = player base goes up = more people to play with.

Game does not get fixed = player base goes down = no people to play with.

Edited by megan
Wishing we had <3s to censor words like in Steam...

Let's focus on extras.

Thats a kind of rude way to think :P Lets get this game playable for those that do have glitches. As it stands now with the bugs most people wont even buy then game (I know 6 people personally that will buy it once its fixed up).

Once its working well for everyone they can work on new ****, but first step is the issues at hand. Releasing new content for a port deemed broken by the majority of people on steam would be a BAD business move.

I don't know man, it works better than any other game for me, and I'm playing on a freakin' toaster.

If /v/ tier gamers decide to label it a "bad console port" like they've done with every game ever, it's up to them. As for me, I'll be defending my opinion on a fine game that's being unfairly criticized for the wrong reasons by self righteous, entitled gamers.

All it needs in my opinion is extra content.

I don't know man, it works better than any other game for me, and I'm playing on a freakin' toaster.

If /v/ tier gamers decide to label it a "bad console port" like they've done with every game ever, it's up to them. As for me, I'll be defending my opinion on a fine game that's being unfairly criticized for the wrong reasons by self righteous, entitled gamers.

Again: just because it work fine for you does not mean it does for others. All the people reporting issues are reporting them BECAUSE THE ISSUE IS THERE.

Edit: People upset about framerate drops, no push to talk, and technical bugs to be products of "self righteous, entitled gamers" ? I am guessing everything thats done poorly enough to cause such a reaction is by self righteous, entitled people. Hey all the horrid made games broke the gaming industry once... but tis not they were abd games it was just self righteous, entitled gamers.

A vast difference between senseless *****ing about little things like you dont like the color, but when the own producers of the game can even admit some things need fixing then yes something needs fixing and its not self righteous, entitled gamers.

Edited by megan
keeping forums family friendly!

why havent i had the update on steam yet

Jake, the update isn't ready yet. It's being worked on now, but we'll post when we have a date for it.

Again: just because it work fine for you does not mean it does for others. All the people reporting issues are reporting them BECAUSE THE ISSUE IS THERE.

Edit: People upset about framerate drops, no push to talk, and technical bugs to be products of "self righteous, entitled gamers" ? I am guessing everything thats done poorly enough to cause such a reaction is by self righteous, entitled people. Hey all the horrid made games broke the gaming industry once... but tis not they were abd games it was just self righteous, entitled gamers.

A vast difference between senseless *****ing about little things like you dont like the color, but when the own producers of the game can even admit some things need fixing then yes something needs fixing and its not self righteous, entitled gamers.

Let me have my own opinion.

So far all complaints I heard on the steam versions were about non-issues.

"the game stretched badly on a definition that was never supported to begin with!"

"as an entitled PC gamer, xbox controls being displayed deter to my gaming experience!"

"my FPS is capped at 60, and that makes me furious even though no difference is percieved over 30 FPS!"

I have not seen many valid complaints so far, and I'm tired of people complaining that it is a "lazy console port".

Had the behemoth done something new and different with this port, the very same people would've accused them of console elitism.

It's dark souls all over again: good console game comes out on PC, everyone gets mad at it not being better than the console version.

• Upvote 1

I think the problem is that Castle Crashers isn't optimized for newer systems. That's why your toaster can run it better than most people, Scarabix. My toaster is too old to even play Castle Crasheres. But I do agree, without being bluntly rude, the PC community always expects more than what console games have. Not true for everyone, but many of the things people have been complaining about aren't even game-breaking problems. They may be inconvenient, but not game-breaking. Anything that isn't FPS lower than like 20 or not being able to run the game at all isn't really a "problem".

Opinions stop being opinions when you insult everyone who does not share your view.

So far all complaints I heard on the steam versions were about non-issues.

People unable to load the game, game loading into a black screen are topics all over steam so no you are wrong.

It's dark souls all over again: good console game comes out on PC, everyone gets mad at it not being better than the console version.

Issue was that is its not even on par with the last PS3 port, so no people are not complaining its not better, the complaint comes from its not on par with the last console version.

Edit: If this game came out for PS3, only took an Xbox 360 controller, displayed errors from a diff console, had black screens etc, people would be upset, I bet hey even you would be upset. Only reason I can see for people to just brush it off are those that dont care at all because they have the systems for the other versions anyway.

Many fans who were waiting a long time to get a port of this felt it was a bad port, while your opinion may differ, if enough people have said bad port, that The Behemoth itself has said updates are coming, then it is in fact a bad port.

This is the REALITY of the situation.

Edited by lexstarshok

why havent i had the update on steam yet

Jake, the update isn't ready yet. It's being worked on now, but we'll post when we have a date for it.

Oh sorry, i thought it was already out, my mistake,btw u should make it so in the settings u can choose which port u want so like xbox controller or keyboard

In my opinion scarabix is right in saying that some problems are exaggerated or aren't really problems at all but lexstarshok is very correct In saying that you can't base your opinion solely on your own personal experience. I believe scarabix is overlooking a lot of real problems people are experiencing and lexstarshok is correct when he noted that if there werent real problems, the behemoth wouldn't be patching them.

Opinions stop being opinions when you insult everyone who does not share your view.

It's funny because I never did.

It's funny because I never did.

Okay. I'm going to have to ask everyone to stop fighting about this in the thread because it's becoming irrelevant to the update. If you guys want to discuss this further, please take it to private messages.