Sign in to follow this  
Mangle

Canceled Tv Shows You Wish Would Start Running Again

Kirby: Right Back at Ya!, Catscratch, Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi, Camp Lazlo, Chowder, Billy and Mandy, Dexter's Lab, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Cow and Chicken, Recess, Lilo and Stitch, Disney's House of Mouse, Magical Do-Re-Mi, Ed; Edd; n Eddy, Naruto, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon (any of them), Aah! Real Monsters, Pinky and the Brain, Johnny Bravo, Samurai Jack, The Powerpuff Girls, etc.

Most of these were from memory and was when Cartoons were great.

Kirby: Right Back at Ya!, Catscratch, Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi, Camp Lazlo, Chowder, Billy and Mandy, Dexter's Lab, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Cow and Chicken, Recess, Lilo and Stitch, Disney's House of Mouse, Magical Do-Re-Mi, Ed; Edd; n Eddy, Naruto, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon (any of them), Aah! Real Monsters, Pinky and the Brain, Johnny Bravo, Samurai Jack, The Powerpuff Girls, etc.

Pokemon episodes are still being made one episode per week.

Original Pokemon.

Original Pokemon.

What, like the first generation?

Original Pokemon.

The Pokemon anime is always based off of he newest generation of Pokemon. I doubt the series will ever die considering how popular Pokemon is.

They didn't exactly didn't take out the dark until after Shadow the Hedgehog in 2004 (or was it 2005?)

If you mean when shadow first came into existance was SA2 in 2001.

I actually meant the game Shadow the Hedgehog. Now that I thought about it, Sonic Unleashed did have a dark spin to it.

Freaks and Geeks

Yes please.

I am severely dissapointed by the absence of Arrested Development on all of your post, although for those who don't know they are officially making a fourth season airing exclusively on Netfilx followed by a movie, so yay.

Other shows that were sadly cancelled: Invader Zim... suddenly realizes I really only like Arrested Development and Invader Zim when it comes to cancelled shows...plus the afromentioned Freaks & Geeks, freaking young James Franco cracks me up

• Upvote 1

They didn't exactly didn't take out the dark until after Shadow the Hedgehog in 2004 (or was it 2005?)

I actually meant the game Shadow the Hedgehog. Now that I thought about it, Sonic Unleashed did have a dark spin to it.

Not really, I mean sure the world got destroyed and sonic became a werehog but the original darker tone was still quite missing. Back in the day (.... Now I feel old-ish) doctor robotnik was evil now dr.eggman is just a pathetic clown. Where robotnik was an evil tyrant who wanted to robotize the world and enslave everyone, dr.eggman simply wants to defeat sonic, not kill him just defeat him. This difference wasn't just in the comics and cartoon shows but also in the games however due to the lack of dialogue in the older games it's not as visible.

In the older days sonic was a freedom fighter who wanted to liberate the world, now he's a teenager who just wants to hang around with his friends and is basically always a happy goody two-shoes, of course he still wants to stop eggman but he's just more "child-friendly" than he was before( he was child-friendly before aswell but to a lesser extent).

• Upvote 1

Not really, I mean sure the world got destroyed and sonic became a werehog but the original darker tone was still quite missing. Back in the day (.... Now I feel old-ish) doctor robotnik was evil now dr.eggman is just a pathetic clown. Where robotnik was an evil tyrant who wanted to robotize the world and enslave everyone, dr.eggman simply wants to defeat sonic, not kill him just defeat him. This difference wasn't just in the comics and cartoon shows but also in the games however due to the lack of dialogue in the older games it's not as visible.

In the older days sonic was a freedom fighter who wanted to liberate the world, now he's a teenager who just wants to hang around with his friends and is basically always a happy goody two-shoes, of course he still wants to stop eggman but he's just more "child-friendly" than he was before( he was child-friendly before aswell but to a lesser extent).

Exactly my point. But back in the late 80's early 90's Cartoons fell under less heavy guidelines then today.

I find Sonic today to be less appealing to me as it went from dark to more childish as I aged. (basically got less and less mature, at the same time as I myself matured more. making the show seem very bland and flat point with no real consequence.)

If you never seen it I suggest giving Sonic SATAM a try, its probly the best sonic show that was ever put together imo.

One thing that really broke my heart with new Sonic is they quite obviously replaced Bunnie Rabbot with Cream... </3 I want Bunny back! But I guess with no Robotisizer her character would not make sense... (she is a rabbit that Sonic saved who was being robotisized as sonic saved her leaving her half robot and was a very staple character in the show and comics)

bunnie.jpg

They also have ignored the existence of Mighty from the Chatoix.. even so far to make Sonic Heros with a Chaotix team with no mention of mighty anywhere!

The%20Chaotix.png

Freedom Fighters Forever <3

tumblr_m83hsmrQgF1ra3a2yo1_500.jpg

Edited by lexstarshok

Also.... to us older fans... the Sonic and Amy thing... creeeeeepy.... Amy was originally a little little kid compared to Sonic. She used a magic wish to become Sonics age so she could be a freedom fighter. Hence her difference of appearance between Sonic CD and SA1.

So for fans that jumped into Sonic around after SA1 shes just Sonics female counterpart, and he avoids her cause he does not wanna settle down. But to us older fans Sonic avoids her advances cause to him shes a child in an adult body. XD

Edited by lexstarshok

Eggman in Sonic 06 was pretty damn serious (although he had a sarcastic tone).

And why are we getting off-track? This is about TV Shows, not Sonic games.

And on that note, i strangely miss The Secret Saturdays. It was... a pretty good show IMO.

And on that note, i strangely miss The Secret Saturdays. It was... a pretty good show IMO.

You act like this isn't normal.

Wait, wait. Are you implying that we have something here called "normal"?!

You're totally right, Koen. Let me rephrase it then.

You act like this is unusual.

I wish everyone didn't die at the end of sailor moon so that it could of continued, it would be ok if Chibi-Chibi was dead but sailor moon, come back to moi.

You're totally right, Koen. Let me rephrase it then.

You act like this is unusual.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrwO8b9iq34

• Upvote 1

Rocko's Modern Life, CatDog, Angry Beavers, Rugrats

If I think of more, I'll edit or post again.

EDIT: Pinky and the Brain, Aaahh!! Real Monsters, Static Shock, Ozzy & Drix, Recess, Cow and Chicken

EDIT 2: Scrubs, Andy Milonakis Show, (Original) Fear Factor, Dave The Barbarian, Drake and Josh, The Amanda Show

EDIT 3: That's So Raven, Suite Life of Zack & Cody, The Whitest Kids U'Know, Chowder, Cold Case, Deal or No Deal, Harper's Island (Would love a sequel or successor), Without A Trace, Ed Edd 'N Eddy

That's all for now.

rockos modern life is still on at nickelodeon i think

i would like to see kirby and sonic X to come back

You on crack, boy? Rocko's Modern Life has been cancelled since I was about three years old.

Nope, I saw it on nick a week ago in the morning. I'm preeeeetty sure i'm not retarded Edited by yugo657

Rocko's Modern Life, CatDog, Angry Beavers, Rugrats If I think of more, I'll edit or post again. EDIT: Pinky and the Brain, Aaahh!! Real Monsters, Static Shock, Ozzy &amp; Drix, Recess, Cow and Chicken EDIT 2: Scrubs, Andy Milonakis Show, (Original) Fear Factor, Dave The Barbarian, Drake and Josh, The Amanda Show EDIT 3: That's So Raven, Suite Life of Zack &amp; Cody, The Whitest Kids U'Know, Chowder, Cold Case, Deal or No Deal, Harper's Island (Would love a sequel or successor), Without A Trace, Ed Edd 'N Eddy That's all for now.
rockos modern life is still on at nickelodeon i think i would like to see kirby and sonic X to come back
You on crack, boy? Rocko's Modern Life has been cancelled since I was about three years old.
Nope, I saw it on nick a week ago in the morning. I'm preeeeetty sure i'm not retarded

It was cancelled long time ago. Just because a network still shows the already produced seasons does not mean the show is still being produced, therefor it was cancelled but a network still runs the episodes...

I saw Fraggle Rock on TV not too long ago, that does not meant it was not cancelled in the 80's, it means people still like the show so networks will run the seasons of it.

When a show in cancelled it means the show is not longer in production, not that it is no longer running.

Edited by lexstarshok

FIREFLY!!!

We will rule over all this land and we will call it This Land

I think we should call it YOUR GRAVE!!!!!

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal

aaaww good memories