Sign in to follow this  
spacetime penguin 32

Favorite Pokemon

i remembered the other 2 lapras and jolteon. and gengar is more OP than alakazam seeing as how i can never hit him! :oops:

Alakazam can OHKO almost everything half of the time.

For whatever reason whenever I play stadium Alakazam always has a horrible moveset.

In Stadium, Alakazam has Psybeam, and in the first generation, that move itself was totally OP. This was due to the fact that Alakazam has high Special Attack, Psybeam is a STAB move for him, and psychic was only non-effective against other psychic Pokemon. Everything else was fair game, and fighting, and poison were screwed going against an Alakazam.

I barely ever got Psybeam. My Alakazam prefered to have slam, psywave, thunderpunch, and some stat increasing move.

I barely ever got Psybeam. My Alakazam prefered to have slam, psywave, thunderpunch, and some stat increasing move.

Tisk tisk, don't you know that alakazam sucks with physical attacks, I'm disappointed Scaler, disappointed.

i remembered the other 2 lapras and jolteon. and gengar is more OP than alakazam seeing as how i can never hit him! :oops:

For whatever reason whenever I play stadium Alakazam always has a horrible moveset.

In Stadium, Alakazam has Psybeam, and in the first generation, that move itself was totally OP. This was due to the fact that Alakazam has high Special Attack, Psybeam is a STAB move for him, and psychic was only non-effective against other psychic Pokemon. Everything else was fair game, and fighting, and poison were screwed going against an Alakazam.

Psywave is still a powerful STAB move for Alakazam, though.

My friends and I have a generation one semi competitive playgroup. We each have three top tier and three second tier pokemon in our teams. No legendaries. Only red blue and yellow allowed. We play in 3d through pokemon stadium 2. it's just a group of guys who all grew up playing generation 1 and still do.

My team:

Weezing (NOFACE)

Kingler (CORTES)

Primeape (MR.PIG)

Snorlax (TOTORO)

Alakazam (WHALEHEART)

Exeggutor (RAFIKI)

Obviously my favorite is Weezing.

Every single time I play Pokemon, I get annoyed that Venomoth can't learn fly.

I love Venemoth.

Venemoth was part of my main pokemon team in pokemon red, or was it leaf green, I can't remember.

I love Venemoth.

Venemoth was part of my main pokemon team in pokemon red, or was it leaf green, I can't remember.

Venemoth is part of my main team whenever possible. Just...Venemoth is so...moth-like...and venomous...

I love Venemoth.

Just...Venemoth is so...moth-like...and venomous...

It all makes sense now...

Wanna make your friends wet themselves? Use a gameshark and teach your level 100 metapod surf.

Pshhh, Gameshark is so 90's, it's all about the Action Replay now, dude. Get with the times, man.

Cheating can might make some games good, but you mess with pokemon and I'll pop a cap in yo balloon!!!

Cheating can might make some games good, but you mess with pokemon and I'll pop a cap in yo balloon!!!

Meh, alot of competitive players used gameshark to legitimately do things in games that would take forever otherwise. for example catching 65 or 100 different alakazam and choosing the one with the best stats, and then raising it up to lvl 100 completely fairly. that way you don't waste your time raising some garbage pokemon and evolving kadabras. If the sharking was undetectable, then it was legal.

Meh, alot of competitive players used gameshark to legitimately do things in games that would take forever otherwise. for example catching 65 or 100 different alakazam and choosing the one with the best stats, and then raising it up to lvl 100 completely fairly. that way you don't waste your time raising some garbage pokemon and evolving kadabras. If the sharking was undetectable, then it was legal.

I don't care if it's legal or not, it just makes the game boring. And if you have an action replay you can put all of it's stats to 999 anyway, even at level one it can beat anything.

fav is definately snorlax, it used to be my nickname after I fell asleep at a party and mah buddies drew a fat moustache on my face(the dutch translation of moustache is "snor")and I'm chubby.

fav is definately snorlax, it used to be my nickname after I fell asleep at a party and mah buddies drew a fat moustache on my face(the dutch translation of moustache is "snor")and I'm chubby.

Here's a funny enigma:

After a party, my friends started calling me blastoise.

Guess what happenned at the party

Here's a funny enigma:

After a party, my friends started calling me blastoise.

Guess what happenned at the party

you always get the best nicknames at party's! (in my case snorlax and my current one, doventanzer. Loosely translated: deaf dancer)

Edited by Koen

i'm using my kadabra and glitched mew as my psychic pokemon mew is just flat out epic and i dont have friends to trade with to get alakazam...

Technically Psychic was the number one best psychic move in RBY with Psybeam following a close second. They both got STAB bonus from Alakazam (which multiplies damage by 1.5). Psybeam had a Chance of confusion, but Psychic had an equal chance to lower the other pokemon's special (which in RBY was attack and defense) making them more vulnerable to your next psychic. Also, Psybeam had a base damage of 65, whereas Psychic's base damage was 90. Alakazam with Psychic, Thunder wave, Recover, and Reflect pretty much broke the gen. 1 OU format. Not trying to crush anyones childhood dreams or anything just stating the differences between the moves. Psybeam looks cooler :).

Thought I'd bump this thread back up because I'm tired. Just remembered one of my other favorite Pokemon is Larvitar and its evolutions. I'm trying to get a shiny one right now...it's not going so well...

Check out

to see how terribly I'm doing (on my new channel, I might add :-D)

Anyone want to give me a little luck? This hunt feels so hopeless at this point :-(