Sign in to follow this  
spacetime penguin 32

Favorite Pokemon

Thought I'd bump this thread back up because I'm tired. Just remembered one of my other favorite Pokemon is Larvitar and its evolutions. I'm trying to get a shiny one right now...it's not going so well...

Isn't it like a 1 in 4000 chance of seeing one, and even if you do, they're a lot harder to catch.

Well, I think that it varies on what game you're playing, Which game are you playing.

Edited by daikonboy101

Thought I'd bump this thread back up because I'm tired. Just remembered one of my other favorite Pokemon is Larvitar and its evolutions. I'm trying to get a shiny one right now...it's not going so well...

Isn't it like a 1 in 4000 chance of seeing one, and even if you do, they're a lot harder to catch.

Well, I think that it varies on what game you're playing, Which game are you playing.

I believe it's 1/8192, or something like that. The method I'm doing reduces it to 1/2048, though. I've decided to save that method for B/W since the odds are a tiny bit better in 5th gen.

I believe it's 1/8192, or something like that. The method I'm doing reduces it to 1/2048, though. I've decided to save that method for B/W since the odds are a tiny bit better in 5th gen.

How have you reduced it so much?

Fun fact. My first shiny was an aerodactyl. I never even farmed to get it. I just got extreamly lucky and managed to get one when I revived him from the old amber. I was a kid at the time though and had no clue shiny's even existed. So it forever confused me why in one episode in the anime aerodactyl was grey insted of purple.

Fun fact. My first shiny was an aerodactyl. I never even farmed to get it. I just got extreamly lucky and managed to get one when I revived him from the old amber. I was a kid at the time though and had no clue shiny's even existed. So it forever confused me why in one episode in the anime aerodactyl was grey insted of purple.

What age were you when this happened, because shinys only started appearing in the second gen. pokemon games.

Edit: Oh, I didn't think you could get aerodactyls in pokemnon silver and gold.

Edited by daikonboy101

Masuda method. You breed two Pokemon from different regions. I used my English Larvitar and a German Ditto.

Masuda method. You breed two Pokemon from different regions. I used my English Larvitar and a German Ditto.

Nahhhhh, dittos speak all like "..." and larvitars speak like "larvi, l-larvitar" I speak both but I do know that neither of them speak English or German.

Don't give up. Theyre out there lol. And a shiny tyranitar will be worth it. I forget the odds. It's like 1 in 8000 something, not including the pokemon you see that aren't larvitars. I wanted a shiny koffing forever so I could have a shiny weezing. But alas I like weezing better.

(for some reason my phone showed pocket's original bump as the most recent post so sorry if that makes this one a little irrelevant.)

Edited by Lvl100Weezing

Don't give up. Theyre out there lol. And a shiny tyranitar will be worth it. I forget the odds. It's like 1 in 8000 something, not including the pokemon you see that aren't larvitars. I wanted a shiny koffing forever so I could have a shiny weezing. But alas I like weezing better.

(for some reason my phone showed pocket's original bump as the most recent post so sorry if that makes this one a little irrelevant.)

You have a DS and Wifi? If I ever find a shiny Koffing, I can trade it to you.

Nahhhhh, dittos speak all like "..." and larvitars speak like "larvi, l-larvitar" I speak both but I do know that neither of them speak English or German.

I'm here all week folks... where is everyone going?

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately I only have a gameboy and 1st/2nd gen games. But a DS is high on my list of things I want. If I get one. We'll definitely hook it up. And if I got a larvitar it would be yours.

Unfortunately I only have a gameboy and 1st/2nd gen games. But a DS is high on my list of things I want. If I get one. We'll definitely hook it up. And if I got a larvitar it would be yours.

Okay, I'm getting in on this, if I find a shiny koffing or larvitar (somehow) I wants me a trade for a shiny vulpix.

I liek Dragonites. Hez hot

The best one was the one in Pokemon the first movie. Dragonite was a mailman.

hooray for mailpokemon, i never really caught a shiny once or twice i saw one but it was on pokemon pearl and it was a zubat and i had freaking LV.100 green mewtwo(action replay) and also red lugia

AHMAHGAD have you seen a shiny Dragonite? That thing is gorgeous. I would totally ride on it to Olympia and then party with the gods and get wasted. And then we would play drinking games related to politics and chlorine, and then we would fly to Hollywood and Dragonite would put his footprint in those cement tiles, and then we would go to Sweden and take pictures acting like a Swedish tourist would when they come to America, and then I would step on a baby duck and go home. Just kidding I love baby ducks. I once lived in an apartment where we had a pond in the backyard, and the big duckies had little duckies and it was so cuteeeeeeee.

All in all, I really just like Dragonite a lot.

Isn't that like, an almost everyone love? Everyone I know (who still plays pokemon, which means hardly anyone in my year at school and all my brothers, and their friends) love him so much.

AHMAHGAD have you seen a shiny Dragonite? That thing is gorgeous. I would totally ride on it to Olympia and then party with the gods and get wasted. And then we would play drinking games related to politics and chlorine, and then we would fly to Hollywood and Dragonite would put his footprint in those cement tiles, and then we would go to Sweden and take pictures acting like a Swedish tourist would when they come to America, and then I would step on a baby duck and go home. Just kidding I love baby ducks. I once lived in an apartment where we had a pond in the backyard, and the big duckies had little duckies and it was so cuteeeeeeee.

No, because leveling up my shiny Dratini takes forever.

Well, I think it's green for your information. But eh, I think it would be faster than levelling up a shiny dragonaire.

Well, I think it's green for your information. But eh, I think it would be faster than levelling up a shiny dragonaire.

It's because he needs more experience to level than regular Pokemon do since he's a pseudo-legendary.

It's because he needs more experience to level than regular Pokemon do since he's a pseudo-legendary.

And it doesn't even evolve into dragonaire untill level 40, I think.

So you have to deal with this awful pokemon, untill it levels up all the way to 40. Plus there's the problem beingthat you can only really catch them at level 13 or something.

Edited by daikonboy101

So you have to deal with this awful pokemon, untill it levels up all the way to 40. Plus there's the problem beingthat you can only really catch them at level 13 or something.

Got mine from the Game Corner in Goldenrod City. I think it started at level fifteen.

EDIT: Just realized this was my 1337 post and I screwed it up. Sorry everyone, I have failed you.

Got mine from the Game Corner in Goldenrod City. I think it started at level fifteen.

EDIT: Just realized this was my 1337 post and I screwed it up. Sorry everyone, I have failed you.

What's so important about 1337?