Sign in to follow this  
trickster2599

How Many People Here Play Earthbound(Mother 2), Earthbound Zero(Mother 1), Or Mother 3 (Earthbound 2)?

I never heard of that series until I played Super Smash Bros Brawl about 2 years ago and I never played any Earthbound (Mother) games. I'm more of a Sonic fan than any other game series. In fact, the only reason I played SSBB was because Sonic is in it.

Played Earthbound. Didn't get more than eight hours in, I don't think. Very fun game, though. Love the battle system.

You're a good man, Pocket. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

BOOM! I just finished replaying Mother 2 a few weeks ago!!! XD

I love that game sooo sooooooo much. Sept for the random spike jumps in lvl... SPECIALLY the sewers in Fourside / all the enemies in Moonside.

Also Spores... bane of my existence. That little mushroom in my head mid cave / dungeon.... Worst thing ever...

Also the font the Mr.Saturn's use when they talk... I found a little hard to read at times. XD

But again these odd and challenging things is what made the game soooo good.

Im a huge fan of the series. Beaten Earthbound and Mother 3 multiple times. And even went as far as importing Mother 3, despite the fact I can't read any Japanese. Fantastic games, though.

• Upvote 1

Im a huge fan of the series. Beaten Earthbound and Mother 3 multiple times. And even went as far as importing Mother 3, despite the fact I can't read any Japanese. Fantastic games, though.

As one can assume due to your avatar.

You are also a good man.

Edited by PSHYCOCHIPMUNK

Lex, just going to say for future reference, it's preferred that you edit your previous post rather than double post. Just thought I'd tell you.

Dude thats something more PM worthy over a post about it on a thread of a diff topic :P

That aside...

I actually just got my JPN copy of Mother 3, bought it on Ebay XD

Have not started yet tho... work has been too crazy >.> I only can read JPN loosely but I have my own hardware to make backups, so I plan to back it up and use that eng patch. (I backup most of my games for personal use as I like to keep em as mint as I can. (and no dont even ask I do not give anyone backups of anything as its illegal to give anyone a backup)

I could probly play with an faq without the patch but unlike a lot of JPN games RPGs are much harder to play when you only know rough JPN.

I could probly play with an faq without the patch but unlike a lot of JPN games RPGs are much harder to play when you only know rough JPN.

It's even more difficult when you don't know any Japanese.