Sign in to follow this  
lexstarshok

Comics!

Whaaaat? No comic threads? Changing that RIGHT NOW!

Discuss everything that is comic nerdom!

Anyone else read Avengers vs X-Men? Just read issue #12 the other day.... the epicness of it all!!!!

I teared up when Jean was calling out to Scott, but the punch to the face from Hope kind spoiled the whole moment for me... I was really hoping Jean was going to make more of a cameo in this... I mean Scoot Summers became the Dark Phoenix! I mean she was there, but it was so little... This was SUCH a defining moment for Cyclops and the Phoenix, two things so close to jean... she really needed at least two pages! I am really glad to see the decimation is over and all that stuff with Wanda is over and done with... Still it was really good, I cant wait for the next few issues and for Uncanny Avengers >.> And AvsX Aftermath. dealing with the

Comic wise I am into mostly Marvel now, I used to love DC but the New52 has killed it for me in a very big way. I also am a HUUUUUUGE fan of the Sonic The Hedgehog comics by Archie Comics.

Edited by lexstarshok

Lucky Luke is a COMIC?!

I've had that game for my PS1 since I was probably six years old! I never knew it was actually a thing before.

Lucky luke is a pretty cool guy

eh shoots faster than his shadow and doesn't afraid of the daltons

Lucky Luke is a COMIC?!

I've had that game for my PS1 since I was probably six years old! I never knew it was actually a thing before.

My friend and I couldn't remember Dalton's name, so we always called him Big Head.

Edited by Dropped Your Pocket

Lucky Luke is a COMIC?!

My friend and I couldn't remember Dalton's name, so we always called him Big Head.

That would be joe dalton.

There's 4 dalton.

Joe, jack, william and avrell.

LOL I meant more along the lines of more recent news and topics of typical superhero type comic books... Aka Marvel / DC / Archie

But Astrix I do love... lol

On a MARVEL comics news note... SO HYPED FOR THIS COMIC O.O Needs to come out now...

1343665415.jpg

Oct.10th... Needs to come now... I wanna know what happens to the missing X-men! And what is going to be the sentence for Cyclops... I hope tis death... he needs to join Jean and die now..

Edited by lexstarshok

I've read some Adventure Time comics because y'know, I'm cool. But yeah apparently a lot of them were made by the Adventure Time creators because they wanted P.B and Marceline the Vampire queen to be girl friends as in go out (and they knew a lot of kids watched it) and I wanted to see if it was true, but I keep buying the wrong ones and I couldn't find any but recently I found one.

Edited by daikonboy101

LOL I meant more along the lines of more recent news and topics of typical superhero type comic books... Aka Marvel / DC / Archie

CaptainBiceps2_18012005.jpg

:arrow:

• Upvote 1

Most superhero comics are too hard for me to keep up with, I have been getting more Playstation franchise comics though.

okqs5u.jpg

I also have the Uncharted and Resistance comic(s), but I'm too lazy to upload more pics. Sly Cooper had a comic years ago that took place between all 3 of his games. The first issue took place between Sly 1 and Sly, then the second issue took place between Sly 2 and Sly 3.

There's a Dead Rising comic book that I kind of wanted, it takes place between Dead Rising 1 and Dead Rising Case Zero. I've only played Dead Rising 2, but Chuck Greene is awesome!

Becasuse everyone cares about my opinion I'm going to share my favorite comics.

X-Men: House of M

Batman Hush

Fables

Invincible

The Walking Dead

Irredeemable

The Sword

Conan

Scalped

Superman Earth One

Bone

The Killer

Punisher Max

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Y: The Last Man

Morning Glories

Mouse Guard

• Upvote 1

Becasuse everyone cares about my opinion I'm going to share my favorite comics. X-Men: House of M Batman Hush Fables Invincible The Walking Dead Irredeemable The Sword Conan Scalped Superman Earth One Bone The Killer Punisher Max Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Y: The Last Man Morning Glories Mouse Guard

Now I know how Socrates felt when he once said:

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing"

~Socrates, on american comics

I've read some Adventure Time comics because y'know, I'm cool. But yeah apparently a lot of them were made by the Adventure Time creators because they wanted P.B and Marceline the Vampire queen to be girl friends as in go out (and they knew a lot of kids watched it) and I wanted to see if it was true, but I keep buying the wrong ones and I couldn't find any but recently I found one.

You might be thinking of Marceline and the Scream Queens, though I don't think the creators of Adventure Time have worked on any of the comics, nor do I think Marceline and P.B. go out at any point in the story. I have yet to read it, though.

Though, I do have a special edition blank cover of the first issue, which the artist drew Marceline on. Artist of the comic, not the show.

You might be thinking of Marceline and the Scream Queens, though I don't think the creators of Adventure Time have worked on any of the comics, nor do I think Marceline and P.B. go out at any point in the story. I have yet to read it, though.

Though, I do have a special edition blank cover of the first issue, which the artist drew Marceline on. Artist of the comic, not the show.

You ever seen the episode when Finn, Jake, Peebles and Marceline (and BMO) make a band, they obviously have some history.

Becasuse everyone cares about my opinion I'm going to share my favorite comics.

X-Men: House of M

Batman Hush

Fables

Invincible

The Walking Dead

Irredeemable

The Sword

Conan

Scalped

Superman Earth One

Bone

The Killer

Punisher Max

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Y: The Last Man

Morning Glories

Mouse Guard

House of M / M day is one of my fave Marvel crossover Arcs. I recommend checking out Avengers Children's Crusade #01-12 and Avengers vs X-men #00-12.

The two books pretty much wrap up the effects of M day. AvsX #12 JUST came out (mentioned in my OP) wraps up the M-day stuff amazingly well and if you are a House of M fan I would tell ya to give them a go.

For those not into comics M day was

started really when the Scarlet Witch remembered the existence of her twin sons, who were actually lost souls of Mephisto. She herself could not have kids so she created two by altering reality. The Avengers had a large hand in getting the twins erased and the sould back to Mephisto. When Wanda (the Scarlet Witch) finally remembered what had happened she kinda went... CRAZY!

She kills her husband The Vision, Ant Man, and Hawkeye. As well as pretty much destroying the Avengers mansion with an army of Ultron Robots and Kree/Scrull soldiers. Then the Avengers decide in reality it is their fault and disband.

Then her twin brother Pietro (Quick Silver) convinces a mind shattered Wanda (who is now in the therapeutic care of Xavier) to change all of reality and make those who have suffered pay for their crimes. She does and remakes the world.

This remaking was known as M Day. Wanda recreated the world in which mutants were the dominant species. As well as making Magneto (Wanda and Pietro's father) as king of earth.

Wanda in this world is now a princess (as her father is king) and lives secluded away in the castle with her twins recreated. Over time the heroes start to piece together the M world is not their real world and they conclude Magneto must have abused Wanda's mental state to give himself the world he always wanted.

They attack and Dr. Strange shows Wanda all the damage shes done. In the mean time Magneto finds out it was Pietro that talked Wanda into it. Magneto was enraged that his son used his name for such a massive crime to the world and reality itself. In this rage Magneto kills Pietro. Wanda sees this and freaks out.

She tells her father that she gave him what he wanted in his heart. That deep down he chose this world over his children. She proclaims that mutants are not the next step, that they are all freaks.

Then she said the words that has changed the Marvel universe in a huge way since then:

"No More Mutants"

With that reality was restored, but only leaving 198 mutants left on the planet (killing and depowering countless others) this was known as the Decimation. Wanda was also no where to be found.

Avengers Children's Crusade - Deals with her twins still part of reality after the M-day disaster as young heroes. They are part of an Avengers sect called the Young Avengers. They set off on a mission to find the Scarlet Witch, the question is shes been missing 16 years, is she even still part of this reality?

Avengers vs X-Men - Deals with a fight between the two teams over how to handle the arrival of the Phoenix (the space entity that killed Jean Grey) Cyclops believes this is to be the end of the mutant decimation, but will the mutant race be saved or erased?

Edited by lexstarshok

I know its a DP but this is news and I didint want it getting jumbled into the discussion.

Uncanny Avengers #01 and Avengers vs X-Men Consequences #01 Both out today!!

Edited by lexstarshok

You ever seen the episode when Finn, Jake, Peebles and Marceline (and BMO) make a band, they obviously have some history.

Of course, it's one of my favorite episodes. And while I'm not necessarily convinced of their theorized history, all I'm saying is that I don't think they actually get together in the comic or anything.

Of course, it's one of my favorite episodes. And while I'm not necessarily convinced of their theorized history, all I'm saying is that I don't think they actually get together in the comic or anything.

OK, I have to go and tell my brother of for false info.

Im gonna play mod and say lets keep this topic geared towards comics. ;-)

We all love Adventure Time, but that's still more of a TV show kinda thing.

In related to the topic: Uncanny Avengers issue #01 OH MAN!!!!

The Red Scull is back and has Xavior's brain??? Did NOT see that coming!!!!

ALSO MY FAVE HERO TEAM IS BACK!!!!!! Young Avengers starts back up in January!! Both Wiccan and Hulkling are back so I am pretty much flipping out with excitement right now!

Im gonna play mod and say lets keep this topic geared towards comics. ;-)

We all love Adventure Time, but that's still more of a TV show kinda thing.

In related to the topic: Uncanny Avengers issue #01 OH MAN!!!!

The Red Scull is back and has Xavior's brain??? Did NOT see that coming!!!!

ALSO MY FAVE HERO TEAM IS BACK!!!!!! Young Avengers starts back up in January!! Both Wiccan and Hulkling are back so I am pretty much flipping out with excitement right now!

But there are Adventure Time comics. IT'S NOT FAIR!!!

Edited by daikonboy101

I don't really have the cash to buy comics on a regular basis, but I've always liked Marvel characters more than DC characters. I don't really know why, they just seem funner. Obviously Batman is the ultimate exception.

It's probably because Marvel vs. Capcom is one of my favorite series of games, and Marvel characters just seem more colorful to me. Maybe just they have more appealing color schemes to me. I know that sounds like a stupid reason.

Anyways, I don't really buy comics but on birthdays and Christmas I'll usually get one or two collections. I really liked The Walking Dead, but haven't gotten past the fifth or sixth one. Neil Gaiman's Sandman was pretty cool. I like a lot of Frank Miller's work. Spiderman and Ironman are two of my favorites, and I have a bunch of their stuff.

So yeah, comics are cool.

Come to think of it, I recently finished reading the ultimate spider-man series... damn that ending was depressing.