megan

Cc Steam: Controllers

Hello Crashers!

As we listed in the minimum specs, the PC & Mac version of Castle Crashers supports direct input controllers, including but not limited to the 360 controller. If you could list out the direct input controller you use then this will help us get a list going for people to see which controllers work. There are several brands out there, so this will surely be a solid list if everyone lists theirs out.

Also, if you could list whether or not your direct input controller works, then that would be awesome and helpful too. Then we can assist those people whose direct input controllers are not working (but first you can also check this helpful tip: ). :)

Reply with make and model of your controllers and [works for CC Steam] or [does not work for CC Steam].

Thank you!

Edited by megan
Added one support reference

I have a Trustmaster Firestorm controller, and my friend's Logitech Wingman controller. Neither work. It would be really awesome if you could look into the controller support issue, because i for once bought the game for the hot seat slashing fun, and it does not really work.

Logitech Wingman Precision gamepad- don't work without some "ye olde magic". Based on two test- mine and friend's

Edited by Ekheart

The official 360 controller (wired) does not work for me. When the game is loading certain sprites it freezes and only unfreezes when the controller is unplugged.

AX.1 Afterglow Xbox 360 Wired Controller (#1 3rd party xbox controller) doesn't work on CC.

However, the official Xbox 360 wireless controller (with adapter) work great!

Logitech Dual Action does not work. Very disappointing since we can't do any local multiplayer with this and one Xbox controller.

I would like to add/confirm that the Logiteh Gamepad F310, in X mode, with the 360 controller drivers from Microsoft, works just fine with Steam CastleCrashers.

In the end when I decided to just buy the game without waiting for solution, I cant believe it, my controller works !!

guess the demo do not have that support I guess, using Vztec gamepad, cant believe it work, with keyboard and gamepad, 
I can enjoy local co-op now, 

XD

I'm using a Wii Classic controller with a Mayflash USB adapter.  It works, kind of.  The controls are really bad, to the point of being un-usable.

Y (left button) is light attack
X (top button) is jump

A (right button) is heavy attack

B (bottom button) is use item

A simple key/button config would be nice.

Generic USB SNES-style Gamepad, DirectInput ID 00110079-0000-0000-0000-504944564944

Like above, it sort of works. All the buttons are mapped correctly, but being a SNES controller, there are no buttons to swtich items with. This was fixable with x360ce before the DirectInput update, but is now broken.

All it would take to fix this is the ability to remap controller buttons.

Generic USB SNES-style Gamepad, DirectInput ID 00110079-0000-0000-0000-504944564944

Like above, it sort of works. All the buttons are mapped correctly, but being a SNES controller, there are no buttons to swtich items with. This was fixable with x360ce before the DirectInput update, but is now broken.

All it would take to fix this is the ability to remap controller buttons.

This.  It works great...until it comes time to need to switch items.  Any way to disable Dinput and force Xinput so we can re-map buttons?  Or maybe just clone one of the bumpers to the back button to give a couple of options for switching items?