Sign in to follow this  
Mangle

Sonic The Hedgehog Forum

Worst Sonic games: Sonic '06, Sonic Labyrinth, and in my opinion, Dr. Robotniks Mean Bean Machine

Best Sonic games: Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic Battle, and my absolute favorite, Sonic Spinball

Puyo Puyo is saddened by this fact.

Worst Sonic games: Sonic '06, Sonic Labyrinth, and in my opinion, Dr. Robotniks Mean Bean Machine

Best Sonic games: Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic Battle, and my absolute favorite, Sonic Spinball

Bad memories of a five year old child trying to play this game. Little Pocket wasn't good enough for that game.

Bad memories of a five year old child trying to play this game. Little Pocket wasn't good enough for that game.

If you think that's bad, try playing Sonic Heroes as a 5 year old. That game was the very first Sonic game I ever played and is my personal favorite game in the series.

Sonic Labrynth gets way too much hate. Yeah, it's a bad game, but it isn't just straight up blasphemy like Sonic '06 was.

That being said, I would play Sonic '06 again before I touched Labrynth, but that's because I enjoy it in the most terrible way possible.

And I REALLY don't like Sonic Heroes, it is way too difficult for it's own good, and the team mechanic, while a good idea, just feels tacked on since you only ever switch from SPEED when the game makes you. Instead of having FLY and POWER making the game more accesiblet they just added new obstacles that can't be taken out by only using SPEED, such as the enemy health bars that plagued ShTH & Sonic '06.

Looking at core games (including Shadow because it's not really a spinoff since it's canon) these are the order I'd put them in from best to last:

Sonic Adventure 2

Sonic The Hedgehog 3

Sonic Generations

Sonic The Hedgehog (1991)

Sonic Adventure

Sonic CD

Sonic Unleashed

Sonic The Hedgehog 2

Shadow The Hedgehog

Sonic Heroes

Sonic The Hedgehog (2006)

I never play Sonic Colo(u)rs so I can't really judge that

You didnt put Sonic 4.

And honestly, is it me or does half the spinoffs end up being canon in the end? Or seem to be able to fit in the storyline of the core games?

And what's wrong with health bars? Im tired of playing sonic games and constantly guessing how many times to homing attack only to fly off the stage like an idiot.

Why is Sonic said to be the fastest living thing, when all of his friends are the exact same speed as him? There are supposed to be three parts to the team in Sonic, this is mainly aimed at Sonic Heroes, (one of the few newer ones I've played) there's the , the one that can fly, and the one that's fast, Knuckles is the EXACT same speed as Sonic. I-I just don't understand anything any more...

If you think that's bad, try playing Sonic Heroes as a 5 year old. That game was the very first Sonic game I ever played and is my personal favorite game in the series.

I played that game when I was 9, so I can't really relate.

• Upvote 1

Why is Sonic said to be the fastest living thing, when all of his friends are the exact same speed as him? There are supposed to be three parts to the team in Sonic, this is mainly aimed at Sonic Heroes, (one of the few newer ones I've played) there's the , the one that can fly, and the one that's fast, Knuckles is the EXACT same speed as Sonic. I-I just don't understand anything any more...

Sonic actually slows down when he is with his friends or fighting Eggman's robots.

Sonic the Fighters is rereleasing this fall! NOT KIDDING! Just check it out on www.sonicstadium.org ! Guess what? 3 new characters will be playable, but I don't want to spoil the names of the characters for those who are sensitive to character reveals. Plus, (SPOILER ALERT!) the game will have ONLINE MULTIPLAYER! A first for a Sonic rerelease. Looking forward to it! :)

Sonic the Fighters is rereleasing this fall! NOT KIDDING! Just check it out on www.sonicstadium.org ! Guess what? 3 new characters will be playable, but I don't want to spoil the names of the characters for those who are sensitive to character reveals. Plus, (SPOILER ALERT!) the game will have ONLINE MULTIPLAYER! A first for a Sonic rerelease. Looking forward to it! :)

Sonic 2 and 3 are rereleases with online multiplayer...

And Sonic The Fighters was more invisible than Knuckles' Chaotix, why remake that game? And what the hell is this Sonic Jump?

Sonic 2 and 3 are rereleases with online multiplayer...

And Sonic The Fighters was more invisible than Knuckles' Chaotix, why remake that game? And what the hell is this Sonic Jump?

Whoops.......forgot about STH2 and 3. The only reason they're remaking Sonic the Fighters is because the game cabinet is seen in Wreck it Ralph. As for Sonic Jump, IDK why they made that. Whatever it is, I hope it is on Android and not just iOS.

I used to be a Sonic fan so I guess I'll contribute.

SA3?? It's not adventure without a chao world. Chao races were hilarious. Probably the best thing about the series, and isn't SA2 the last one with chao? Looking back on it, that was definitely way to much grinding to get good chao. Also in SA2 I got 173 emblems, I only didn't do the all A rank.

About the 2D/3D. The SAs were good. The problem with the old 2D ones to me is that if you got to a hard part/boss, you lost all your lives, and if it wasn't hard, it was a piece of cake. Also the chaos emeralds were insane to get more than 3, for me. Although someone I know in Minecraft said they would get them all in like, the first 3 stages so maybe it's just me.

Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine! I LOVE that game. It's the best one in mega collection! And spinball sucks. Really, I never got past the first level.

I have Mega Collection, SA1+2, Riders for gamecube and Generations although I haven't played it much. So I can't really say any more.

SA3?? It's not adventure without a chao world. Chao races were hilarious.

Don't forget about chao karate! Those made me laugh! Or did you have SA2B?

Doodle Jump.

0.jpg

Hahahahahaha! Anyone?

Anyone...?

I'll just be over here.

.................*crickets make noise*.................*still silent except for the crickets*.............................

SA3?? It's not adventure without a chao world. Chao races were hilarious.

Don't forget about chao karate! Those made me laugh! Or did you have SA2B?

ahh the chao games... good memories indeed.. shame that the ps3 version of SA2(B is DLC... still got it though) is a pretty bad port...

For some reason, even though they're pretty similar, I like Kirbys ghost trap and not this.

For some reason, even though they're pretty similar, I like Kirbys ghost trap and not this.

I love Kirby and all (evidenced by my avatar), but as far as those two go, i have to say Mean Bean due to music. I can literally play Exercise Mode for hours because of that song.

I played that game when I was 9, so I can't really relate.

well i played at five and my cousins never played games ever so i destroyed them, and i just played alot of games before that expert. my favorite at 2 years was star wars bounty hunter. aah the memories of burning tuskan raiders alive.

it was sonic heroes that i destroyed them at, my sister loved the one with chao's.

Edited by spacetime penguin 32

Sonic the Hedgehog was the very first game I ever played, and I'm still a Sonic fan at heart to this day. I'm a fan who is aware of Sonic's drop around the time of Sonic Heroes, but unlike many others, I also took notice of how Sonic has come back. Sonic Unleashed was a great game, and a challenging one at that. It remains one of my very favorites, but utterly falls short in some aspects, namely the Werehog. While being a stupid gimmick in the first place, the transitions from insane speed-based action to lengthy beat-'em-up gameplay really bring this game down. Still, I enjoy the game as a whole, and replay it rather often. I have not played much of Colors, but I noticed that they improved the formula a bit. In Generations, I feel the gameplay was perfected. I do not understand why Sonic Generations received unimpressive scores. All I can figure is that the reviewers didn't give the game a chance, given Sonic's recent 3D history. IGN, I'm looking at you.

One of my favorites, and quite possibly the best in the series, is Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Yes, I consider this to be one game, as the events coincide and both games share the same exact engine/graphics/etc. It's got three playable characters, stories that intertwine, plenty of different zones, and great gameplay.

As for everyone's Sonic Adventure 3 that they want so badly, it's come and gone. Sadly, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) was meant to be the next Sonic Adventure, as someone stated earlier. But, as we all have witnessed, rushing the hell out of the game and releasing a product that was half finished at best really screwed it royally. Is it the worst Sonic game in the world? Quite possibly. But not so much for gameplay (as I have found ways to play the game without glitches and such, outside of Knuckles/Rouge) or story, but more so for the hype of the game. What was supposed to be the greatest Sonic the Hedgehog game ever quickly turned into the biggest letdown in my gaming life.

Edited by Revon

All I can figure is that the reviewers didn't give the game a chance, given Sonic's recent 3D history. IGN, I'm looking at you.

What IGN article were you reading? They loved Generations. This is coming from someone that doesnt like IGN.

What that line SHOULD HAVE said was GameInformer. That was a pretty crappy review for Generations.

i played a bunch of sonic games on the gamecube and GBA also i remember the game nights and how i got it because it looked fun, it was by sega, and i think i thought (i cant remember) it was related to sonic.

All I can figure is that the reviewers didn't give the game a chance, given Sonic's recent 3D history. IGN, I'm looking at you.

What IGN article were you reading? They loved Generations. This is coming from someone that doesnt like IGN.

What that line SHOULD HAVE said was GameInformer. That was a pretty crappy review for Generations.

I agree. IDK why I still subscribed to Gameinformer after that review. I think that game deserved a 9! The only thing I see wrong is the gameplay of modern Sonic. Sometimes I can't control his turns. Besides that, Sonic Generations was a great game.