Sign in to follow this  
Mangle

Sonic The Hedgehog Forum

Phase 3, It was the last boss of Silver's Episode.  (v ~ v)

This video might help. It has no commentary, but it helped me out a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTDVTxss2xY

Sucks that i dont play Sonic 06 anymore, but at least i knew that i tried that same move on the last walkthrough i saw.

Too bad '06 sucks. Wait, nvm. I don't care about '06 because it's that bad.

I actually do have a copy. I got it for... a penny. No joke.

I wished they could've used the music from Sonic 06 and make a better game using the same songs. All the tracks i mean.

*coughSONICGENERATIONScough*

• Upvote 1

I wished they could've used the music from Sonic 06 and make a better game using the same songs. All the tracks i mean.

They used one of the songs.

They used one of the songs.

Untrue, actually, the game uses multiple mixes of Crisis City and has Wave Ocean in there too, I'm pretty sure it has more as well, but I can't recall of the top of my head... Kingdom Valley, maybe?

I wanna grow up to be like sonic and dye my eyes green :)

Are you sure about that?  :oops:

cosplaySonic.jpg

• Upvote 3

So to anyone who has Sonc Adventure DX or Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, if you haven't heard of this, you're in for a treat:

Regular_tails_chao_by_DarkMetaller.jpg

I'll make an exclusive video on my YT channel (link is only available here) on how to get it. Trust me, it makes 100%-ing the game so much easier.

So to anyone who has Sonc Adventure DX or Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, if you haven't heard of this, you're in for a treat:

I'll make an exclusive video on my YT channel (link is only available here) on how to get it. Trust me, it makes 100%-ing the game so much easier.

I thought you could only get it by hacking, but Tails Chao is awesome!

Well I believe in the original Sonic Adventure games on Dreamcast, it was possible to get a Tail Chao in Phantasy Star Online, however I thought it was impossible as well to get it in the Gamecube or HD ports, I'll patiently await your video to fix my ignorance on the subject.

You must be mistaken.

Tails is the only of the three Character Chao that can be obtained legitimately.

Amy and Knuckles Chao are in the game's code, but they can't be obtained in-game. They were probably event Chao in a Japanese store or something.

You must be mistaken.

Tails is the only of the three Character Chao that can be obtained legitimately.

Amy and Knuckles Chao are in the game's code, but they can't be obtained in-game. They were probably event Chao in a Japanese store or something.

I haven't played SA2B in forever but I believe it was like this:

Tails chao = Phantasy Star Crossover (Seriously, phantasy star is great. the tails chao is just a bonus)

Knuckles chao = GBA event in japan

Amy chao = ???

• Upvote 1

I FINALLY UPLOADED A VIDEO!

Here's how to get the Tails Chao!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvWwVozpT-8

Nice vid, man. Could've sworn this was a Dreamcast exclusive, guess I was wrong..... also weird that there is Samba de Amigo music during the Chao's text.

Nice work.

Thanks!

I also thought it was a bit odd that they used Samba's OST for this easter egg. Maybe they could have used the Challenge Race theme from SA2?

Sonic 1 was the first game I owned on the megadrive, and I still remember the up/down/left/right /A-Start cheat 23 years on.

Shame they changed Dr Robotnik's name to  Eggman. Whats up with that?

So during the Tails Chao video I was trying to 100% the game for fun (I still am trying) and forgot how painstakingly difficult it is to get a single A-Rank.

List of stages that can go to hell:

• Death Chamber (Every Mission)
  • Mad Space (Mission 4)
  • Eternal Engine (Mission 5)
  • Route 280 (Mission 4)
  • Crazy Gadget (Mission 5)

List of stages I actually enjoyed in SA2:

• City Escape
  • Sky Rail
  • Dry Lagoon
  • Mission Street
  • Cosmic Wall
  • Meteor Herd

On the subject of SA2, do you mind if I just make a general SA2 thread? There's so much stuff I like to talk about in this game...

• Mission Street

GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH

Every Tails level can go die in a fire

For those unaware, Tails was added to the game at the very last second, which I think REALLY shows. all of his levels are awful, and it' not even just the mech gameplay, Eggman's stages are pretty well put together for the most part, but ALL of Tails's stages are the worst. Mission Street in particular just has some of the most awful camera angles..... guh

If I remember right, the game was originally going to be just Sonic, Knuckles and Eggman (or something to that effect), with Shadow and Tails being really late additions overall. That being said, I think Shadow has my favorite levels in the game, particularly Green Forest, I love the music.

I also am really getting a strange urge to play Shadow The Hedgehog, I know it's considered a bad game (and from a design standpoint it certainly is), but I always considered it the best of the worst, I put it way above Sonic '06, Sonic Heroes, pretty much all the pre-All Stars spin-offs, and probably even over Sonic Colors (which I found to be grossly overrated), it's about even with Sonic Lost World for me, maybe a little higher.

When are we going to get the final Nintendo exclusive Sonic game? I'm very much wanting more Sonic (Lost World doesn't feel enough like a Sonic game to cut it), and I have ZERO interest in picking up Sochi Winter Olympics.... guh

So during the Tails Chao video I was trying to 100% the game for fun 

images_2-s227x222-156980-580.jpg

Edited by Vinchenzo
  • Upvote 1

For those unaware, Tails was added to the game at the very last second, which I think REALLY shows. all of his levels are awful, and it' not even just the mech gameplay, Eggman's stages are pretty well put together for the most part, but ALL of Tails's stages are the worst. Mission Street in particular just has some of the most awful camera angles..... guh

If I remember right, the game was originally going to be just Sonic, Knuckles and Eggman (or something to that effect), with Shadow and Tails being really late additions overall. That being said, I think Shadow has my favorite levels in the game, particularly Green Forest, I love the music.

Shadow can't go in Green Forest. Do you mean White Jungle?

And you're right, for the most part. Originally, Sonic, Knuckles, and Eggman were the only ones playable. The game would have gone in a similar fashion to Shadow the Hedgehog, as in what the story was depending on your actions. But this concept was scrapped for... well, you know.

And Shadow was originally just a story character, like Maria. Rouge and Tails were nowhere to be found. So really, Tails was added due to fan criticism, and a bit late, as you mentioned.

So the fact that Shadow was added as a character late in development, it's why he only has FOUR stages.