megan

Castle Crashers Steam Update 1.1

Today, the first update for Castle Crashers Steam Edition will go live. We have made a few adjustments to the game to increase performance and added a few new visuals tailored for Steam gameplay. Here are some of the changes that are in the first update:

• We’ve improved performance by correcting a memory leak that appeared to affect certain systems. We found that this was related to how specific computers handled audio, which is why this affected only some players and not all. If this had been affecting you prior to the update and it still affects you after downloading the first update please let us know by going to our support page and filling out a support ticket.

• We’ve improved overall performance by adding Push-to-Talk support as part of a new Audio Settings menu. This lets the player Enable/Disable Voice Chat, Enable/Disable Push-to-Talk, and set the keyboard key used for Push-to-Talk.

If you have Push-to-Talk enabled, the default PTT key is “T” or pressing L3 on the primary local controller.
  • In order to get to the game quicker, we’ve added the ability for players to move through the logo and legal screens quicker when the game boots up using either the escape key, the enter key, the space key or 'A' button on a controller.

• To celebrate the Steam edition, Dan has drawn some new artwork for the main menu (Woot!).

• Checking leaderboards in the game demo will no longer cause the pause menu to break.

• We’ve reverted to the default keyboard controls that were originally used to design the game back in the Stone Age when Ye Olde Side-Scroller was but a glimmer of a dream:

A - Quick Slash

S - Jump

D - Special Item (ie bow and arrow)

W - Fierce Slash

E - Magic Mode

Q - Shield

C - Toggle Special Item (could do both Z and C for that)

The new keybindings will not affect anyone who purchased and played the game prior to the release of the update. Your keyboard settings are safe!

If you don’t see an issue that was affecting you on this list, don’t worry! Some other issues brought to our attention by the community take longer to identify, fix, test and verify than those listed in the first update.

Our second update is hot on the heels of this one, so it won’t be long before we have more performance enhancements (Go Lance!) and other improvements!

capsule_184x69.jpg

P.S.

We’ve also updated our DLC descriptions to include the charities that the proceeds will be benefitting. If you haven’t seen it already, here are this year’s DLC charities:

The Behemoth donates 100% of DLC proceeds to various 501©(3) non-profits, including:

• Doctors without Borders
  • Wikimedia Foundation
  • Heifer International
  • Kiva.org (Flying Spaghetti Monster Team)

XOXO,

The Behemoth Team

Not so awesome... Update 1.1 does not make the game run any better for me...

Before any updates, I had to play on my laptop instead of my main PC because of the lag (offline). Ticket submitted and dxdiag sent. Patiently waiting, now the update.... :(

Now... I regret installing the update on the laptop. I had slightly better results playing on a laptop that had weaker specs than on my main system. Somehow the laptop could play Castle Crashers better than my desktop? With other games, the desktop out performs. But not in this case.

So the lag on the laptop was intermittent, Castle Crashers was somewhat playable when desperate. Now I cannot even play at all, as the update has contaminated both systems with with the lagginess. Sure, the new splash screen makes this version appear different, and the improved features of the settings makes it feel more customizable. I do appreciate these changes. But overall, it is like a brand new coat of paint on a buggy port...

Excuse this negativity, but this experience makes me want to give up with this Steam version. The only thing worth reconsidering is Meg's mentioning of Update 1.2 coming soon. In the meantime, I am going to the consoles for Castle Crashers fix. And that is what I should do right now to cleanse myself of this Steam-y mess...

Edited by soundsoserious

Not so awesome... Update 1.1 does not make the game run any better for me...

Before any updates, I had to play on my laptop instead of my main PC because of the lag (offline). Ticket submitted and dxdiag sent. Patiently waiting, now the update.... :(

Now... I regret installing the update on the laptop. I had slightly better results playing on a laptop that had weaker specs than on my main system. Somehow the laptop could play Castle Crashers better than my desktop? With other games, the desktop out performs. But not in this case.

So the lag on the laptop was intermittent, Castle Crashers was somewhat playable when desperate. Now I cannot even play at all, as the update has contaminated both systems with with the lagginess. Sure, the new splash screen makes this version appear different, and the improved features of the settings makes it feel more customizable. I do appreciate these changes. But overall, it is like a brand new coat of paint on a buggy port...

Excuse this negativity, but this experience makes me want to give up with this Steam version. The only thing worth reconsidering is Meg's mentioning of Update 1.2 coming soon. In the meantime, I am going to the consoles for Castle Crashers fix. And that is what I should do right now to cleanse myself of this Steam-y mess...

Sorry to hear that it's created lag on both systems. I'm not sure about what info support team would need. Do you have a ticket open already with our support page or could we create one for you so they can ask you some questions?

I stil can't play in multiplayer...Assist me pls I have payed money for this game and I can't use it......I can't ask help anywhere else than here.

One question for future reference: does the L3 button on the xbox controller refer to the one located underneath the left analog stick?

One question for future reference: does the L3 button on the xbox controller refer to the one located underneath the left analog stick?

L3= click/press/push/mash the left analog stick

R3= click/press/push/mash the right analog stick

They're hard to mash though.

I stil can't play in multiplayer...Assist me pls I have payed money for this game and I can't use it......I can't ask help anywhere else than here.

I need more info to forward to our support team. Are you talking about multiplayer online? What are you trying to do but are unable to do?

Good editions, hoping to see more in the future. I like the new background

As for performance, I haven't tested anything online-wise yet, but it did seem to be sort-of-smoother? I'm going to test a bit later on a specific level which seemed awkward to the eye. Thanks for the patch

Ehm.. Don't want to look like noob, but does new patch actually have influence on MP perfomance? Or it have none? Just can't figure is it patch trouble, or my network is jerkin' off again.

I need more info to forward to our support team. Are you talking about multiplayer online? What are you trying to do but are unable to do?

When playing multiplayer online, with three people on different computers, all with steady internet connections and at the lowest resolution and graphical settings, errors occur. It will constantly stop playing and say "Waiting for players" at the bottom of the page. It other than that there is terrible lag. Two of us being computer science majors and the other in game design, we are almost completely confident it is a problem with your servers.

When playing multiplayer online, with three people on different computers, all with steady internet connections and at the lowest resolution and graphical settings, errors occur. It will constantly stop playing and say "Waiting for players" at the bottom of the page. It other than that there is terrible lag. Two of us being computer science majors and the other in game design, we are almost completely confident it is a problem with your servers.

If im right, Castle Crashers doesn't actually have any servers. It's all P2P.