The Forgotten Knight

Should I Make An Ultimate Story Mode Guide?

Ultimate Story Mode Guide?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should I make one?

So Castle Crashers has been out for 4 or 5 years now and I'm wondering if its time to create a mega story mode guide which covers every secret and useful tip during gameplay level by level. Doing so would take time and require countless revisions as people provide input or fact checks on platform variations. I'm just wondering if people in the community think its worthwhile or not?

Edited by The Forgotten Knight

I think that'd be a cool idea. It'd be especially helpful for people who come looking for help with certain levels as well. It's up to you if you want to forward the effort to create it, as well.

So Castle Crashers has been out for 4 or 5 years now and I'm wondering if its time to create a mega story mode guide which covers every secret and useful tip during gameplay level by level. Doing so would take time and require countless revisions as people provide input or fact checks on platform variations. I'm just wondering if people in the community think its worthwhile or not?

Not yet... wait until all ports are done, and by that i mean the random Wii U port that will for real reason come to Wii U in 2016. Did i mention that it will be a completely random announcement?

I voted b4 reading the 1st post.

Your insane guide covers most things and what an excellent one it is at that... =)

Okay so in the past, you claim that you know what the best characters are in the game. You also said that you know everything there is to know about this game, in addition to being able to teach others how to be better at Castle Crashers. So I want you to make videos and show me all your strategies instead of just talking about them. I want to see you play it.

Okay so in the past, you claim that you know what the best characters are in the game. You also said that you know everything there is to know about this game, in addition to being able to teach others how to be better at Castle Crashers. So I want you to make videos and show me all your strategies instead of just talking about them. I want to see you play it.

This sounds like a very aggressive demand...

It's fun

I'm good at it

Insane mode is exciting and challenging

I make new friends playing online

I can teach other how to be better at the game

I know all there is to know

Here's something I really want to know. Why do you try so incredibly hard to teach other people how to act and what to do in specific areas in Castle Crashers when put in the exact same situation, you can't even get past yourself? In the three years that you've been on these forums bragging how good you are, not one time have you ever soloed insane mode. Among your 22 gold skulls, 21 were earned by level skipping.

Now you said that Feedle has the most knowledge about the game among all the people you know, and Otto is a good player. Then why when combined were they unable to carry you through the Necromancer? It wasn't until you played with Halfcoordinated a ps3 player, that you finally made it past that stage, your one and only time. In addition to all of this, your level skipping guide was corrected by GC, also a ps3 player and not by one of your xbox online friends. So let's be honest, what can you do in this game?

• Upvote 1

It's fun

I'm good at it

Insane mode is exciting and challenging

I make new friends playing online

I can teach other how to be better at the game

I know all there is to know

Here's something I really want to know. Why do you try so incredibly hard to teach other people how to act and what to do in specific areas in Castle Crashers when put in the exact same situation, you can't even get past yourself? In the three years that you've been on these forums bragging how good you are, not one time have you ever soloed insane mode. Among your 22 gold skulls, 21 were earned by level skipping.

Now you said that Feedle has the most knowledge about the game among all the people you know, and Otto is a good player. Then why when combined were they unable to carry you through the Necromancer? It wasn't until you played with Halfcoordinated a ps3 player, that you finally made it past that stage, your one and only time. In addition to all of this, your level skipping guide was corrected by GC, also a ps3 player and not by one of your xbox online friends. So let's be honest, what can you do in this game?

You're right VeryBadPlayer. I have no clue as to what I'm doing in this game. I should quit and let the hardcore professionals like you take care of everything. What was I thinking?

He has a very valid point. :o

And words don't teach people. Actions do. So seeing a video compared to reading paragraphs upon paragraphs makes a big difference.

Just my 2 pence.

And words don't teach people. Actions do. So seeing a video compared to reading paragraphs upon paragraphs makes a big difference.

Just my 2 pence.

Yup, totally agree.

And words don't teach people.

Just my 2 pence.

I'm sorry reading is hard for you. By the looks of it spelling and grammer are too. I have neither the time nor equipment to video, voice record, and edit a full commentary video guide. Just because you see something doesn't mean you can replicate it, in order to do that you have to understand it. Although you are entitled to your opinion. I have to wholeheartedly disagree. Words do indeed teach people. We have been using them for millions or thousands of years depending on your beliefs. They can have profound and life altering effects on people when put in the right combination and can single handedly change the course of history. Words are one of the greatest tools we have as a species and I hope one day you will learn to appreciate them.

Edited by The Forgotten Knight

I'm sorry reading is hard for you.

Honestly, even if you made this guide, I wouldn't read it. If I wanted to, I could put together an "ultimate" story mode guide in 30 minutes with all the knowledge of the game that I have. Now, I'm not claiming I know everything about it like you do (which you don't), but I know a damn good amount. I'm pretty sure I can do what I say in a guide, too. It's called "walking the walk," unlike your method of "talking the talk". But I have better things to do than writing a guide on a game I've been done with for a year now.

By the looks of it spelling and grammer are too.

What's that you say about grammar? *Throws dictionary at you.*

Start reading, bub. You have a lot to catch up on. (Sorry I had to correct your mistakes, again.)

Edited by Zephyr

I don't understand. I mean, I think it could be a good idea but you've already made an Insane Mode guide and I didn't find story mode hard at all. All I needed was an Insane Mode guide.

But y'all knowses that I's a rookie, n'am sayin', don't be listenistlin' to lil' ol' me... Sorry for speaking like that, just felt the urge.

The polls work now?! I was away longer than I thought.

Or maybe I'm thinking of the wrong forums...

Yo, let me randomly hookup on the subject.

You should do it because it is an AWESOME idea because I've been gathering some stuff I never seen or hear people do in CC. You did alot for the community and mostly trying to help people so I think you are the right man.

Now a little offtopic.

When I was reading this:

It looked that you talked to me.. lol. Let me explain. I've recently gotten 22 golden skulls. Solod insane mode once. I did level skip. I do not think that someone has the most knowledge of the game. HalfCoordinated got me really hooked to the game and got me past necro too (for the first time tho). Playing for 2 years now on Ps3. I never met you online (unfortunately) and think you are getting a little too hard on TFK. I've been lurking the forums so now and then to see how the community is still active. TFK is a good guy who is a gamer and whats to be the best! like me and even you I guess :)

Some people online like beermeup aren't active on these forums but are amazing at this game and know alot (btw beermeup only drinks beer and shoots arrows.. all day. LEGEND).

Let me sum up some things you guys maybe did not know about :)

• Slowfall without magic jumping or jumping from a ledge (with this method you can fly in the final cutscene :))
  • From flying to slow fall mid-air (and back) <- I discovered this (I hope :P)
  • Fly in the first level cutscene, up the stairs to the right, and skip to the next level
  • Pickup your weapon up with boomerang <- I like this one and you may already know it
  • If you XXXY,SSST a enemy player in arena and beat him you will win and he still stands

Some crazy stuff I've seen

• Knocked the head of the dragon to the left.
  • Final boss ball form got stucked in the air.

Let me know if you know some of this or even all of this :).

Peace

Edited by A1rPun

Hi, I'm new here but I have been lurking without an account for a few years and all I have to say is TFK you should make an ultimate guide and I would want to do insane mode with you sometime.

Edited by SWag Bbq
  • Upvote 1