Sign in to follow this  
FXUHippie

NoobToob Review for Castle Crashers (Two Thumbs Down)

"how do you do that. how do you be so lazy"

A review is a review and I generally won't jump online and say anything about how anyone reviews us, but to blatantly accuse our entire team of being lazy???? That's just a little moronic. I'm sorry but these guys don't know us, they don't know how hard we work on our games and if you're going to make a blanket statement like that please have some more evidence to support it rather than just opening your mouth before thinking.

It's one thing to accuse me of being lazy, as I headed up our internal test team for this title, but to call the entire team lazy, people that I've seen work their collective asses off for years to make a game we all really love and dedicated A LOT into. Just sad really how detached these two are. I really don't know them, and after an insult like that I really don't care to know them either. As far as the last part of their video about how "they would gladly review the title after the title update" You know what, no thanks.

-Emil-

stick it to them, emil! they really should've thought about how big the behemoth team is. thats just messed up. quite an unfair review, imo.

I enjoyed there reviews, I respect there reviews on Castle Crashers, but I don't think they spent enough time playing the game to even fully review the game. But overall I thought they where pretty funny. :P

I don't know why every body is so offended, it's a review. And it's also a review from an independent group, it's not like OXM is reviewing the game.

To put it simply;

I don't need a couple of random guys I don't know to tell me how much I love a game.

CC = In my top 5 favorite games EVER played. CC equals total win times 10.

really top 5? :o

It's just a review, Emil I don't think you should take it so personally, it's not the reviewers who are supporting your games, its us fans.

Honestly, yeah noobtoob can be pretty blunt and brutal, but that's kinda what I like about them, they dont sugar-coat stuff and tell it like it is.

And one thing I've come to learn is not to trust reviews, because no matter who, noobtoob or gameinformer or w/e, there will always be a bias.

But, they have every right to be angry for purchasing a game for 15 dollars and seeing how their main component isn't functioning (the online multiplayer that is), and I'm pretty angry as well. So blame me, I'm angry because the game doesn't work to it's full potential. But I love the game, and I'm glad you guys are working hard on the patch.

To put it simply;

I don't need a couple of random guys I don't know to tell me how much I love a game.

It's just a review, Emil I don't think you should take it so personally, it's not the reviewers who are supporting your games, its us fans.

---SNIP---

But, they have every right to be angry for purchasing a game for 15 dollars and seeing how their main component isn't functioning (the online multiplayer that is), and I'm pretty angry as well. So blame me, I'm angry because the game doesn't work to it's full potential. But I love the game, and I'm glad you guys are working hard on the patch.

he's not taking the review personally, he's upset about the insult of them directly calling our team lazy.

anyone angry about the game having problems has every right to be angry about it. you're angry, i'm angry, but neither of us is lazy. that's the issue at hand that emil was addressing, i'm pretty sure.

To put it simply;

Yup, the game was a major inspiration to me in some ways and it really is just a great game that I know I'll play throughout my life time.

To put it simply;

---SNIP---

he's not taking the review personally, he's upset about the insult of them directly calling our team lazy.

anyone angry about the game having problems has every right to be angry about it. you're angry, i'm angry, but neither of us is lazy. that's the issue at hand that emil was addressing, i'm pretty sure.

Yeah that's the message I got from emil's post. It's obvious a lot of work has been put into the game and to say the developers are lazy is just ignorance. At least with Yahtzee's review, his criticisms were actually true. :P

Not all of us have friends we can invite over, I for one have had all my friends move out of state, some half way across the country, I can 2 player with my wife, but she's not always available to play a game with me.

I can 2 player with my wife.

now That is a funny funny line.

sorry, i just woke up and my mind is in the gutter.

by the way, i only have one controller and my friends all moved away too, so i feel for ya (but i still get to play online usually successfully)

yeah, the review part of the video is fine, and like i mentioned i would never have a problem with anyone reviewing our games. i just dont like personal attacks like calling people lazy. that's like saying their production value on their show is crappy so that is equivalent to them being lazy.

preach on!

i'm noticing a trend here of accusations saying we didn't test, or knowingly released a game with problems. i'm rather certain microsoft will not allow a release of a game that doesn't work. nor would we ever allow that under any circumstances! both of us had test teams for a very long time, testing away all kinds of weird scenarios.

the game was performing solid as a rock. no problems of data loss or disconnects cropped up. not a single one!

something is definitely different in the mix here - whether it is that development/test kits do not use the same hardware as retail or the retail network behaves differently from the seperate test network, or the sheer stress of that many players added to it (which in that scenario is impossible to test unless there are 250,000 people playing castle crashers on the test network). something is clearly different as the game plays different than i have ever experienced.

i'm not personally sure what it is, as i just draw and stuff, but to say we didn't test the game is just incorrect. my co-workers are very amazing, intelligent people that all pull a gigantic amount of weight and work weekends. we'd never allow a game in this current state to leave the door had it shown any signs of being that way. we played for 6 hour stints with absolutely no network errors for months under many different network conditions.

in the end, yeah we all take responsibility for it and we are all sorry it happened. my explanation is not an excuse, just a heads up that we did infact test the crap out of this. it should not be automatically be assumed a game had no testing if it shows up with bugs.

LOVE

DAN

hey dan i get 3 of my diabetic friends (im one to were all T1 type one..) and i call them and i go to the store and get diet cokes ect... and food and we play all night but they're review was dumb as heck they were like focusing on all the things that were bad (but u guys r working on it) and i was like screw them this is a fun as heck game lol best game so far on my list!

I feel like an balloon knot, for some reason. Like making this thread, getting everybody started off like this.

Although NoobToob was like just like us, or most of us who knew about this game since it's notification of exsistance and was really happy to play the game.

But they seem unusually harsh at times (They gave MGS4 two thumbs down, but mainly because it wasn't for them). I guess the castle crashers review was one of those harsh times.

I don't think they can redeem themselves this time, even if they enjoyed the updated version.

But don't worry Behemoth, we still love you guys besides the misfortunate errors that occoured with the game and will always praise you through the future and whatever's possibly beyond that.

And that's all that matters. Screw reviews. It just brings us down.

Wow, completely unfocused reviews much?

Reminds me of a video review either on G4 or some internet site, gave one of the GC Bomberman games a 1/5 based solely on its single player.

Alright I made my first post based on the fact that I did not watch the video. But now that I have, here are my thoughts.

I didn't think that the guys were particularly harsh but I do agree that calling an entire team lazy is uncalled for.

I'm surprised on how they rate games though. I didn't feel like they even talked about the game. It felt more like "multilayer sucks online; locally it's great", I didn't feel like I gained a single piece of knowledge after watching this :|. And after having now watched them, I'll pay little attention to what they have to say on anything else because I don't feel like they really talked any detail.

So what they said was everything was great but just because online is bugged it gets 2 thumbs down...no...just no...this game didnt even really need online that was just a huge bonus to us I think and so what if it can erase all your data yes it sux but at least it keeps you from getting bored from the game right? that is all they were talking about...the weapons in the game are great but you have crappy online, the characters have there own magic attacks but the online..., there is a lot of gameplay in this game BUT THE ONLINE!...even tho they know theres going to be a patch...I dont know why they say they are the # 1 podcast on the net in the begining because my grandma could make a better review...ill stick with screwattack.com and AVGN thak you very much

yeah, the review part of the video is fine, and like i mentioned i would never have a problem with anyone reviewing our games. i just don't like personal attacks like calling people lazy. that's like saying their production value on their show is crappy so that is equivalent to them being lazy.

we all know they were sniffing some strong stuff or drunk to point of no return when they said that.Hell he was drinking while he was talking about it.That should tell us a lot about them ;) Oh and in my book you guys did a great job with the game but calling a "Whole team" lazy is just ignorant and self centered.