Sign in to follow this  
Dropped Your Pocket

Star Wars Franchise Sold To Disney

I hope they use the post-episode 6 novels for the movie and not a random script that suddenly revives everyone again to make another trilogy.

• Upvote 2

I've been thinking about this all day, and you know what?

TheAvengers2012Poster.jpg

This was pretty damn good.

I'm gonna go ahead and give Disney the benefit of the doubt on this one. I bet they know what they're doing. I guess I'm cautiously optimistic.

Discuss. What do you think will happen to the franchise?

Oh yeah, they're making a Star Wars SEVEN as well!

Please Disney...don't screw up...

First of all, im not a fan of star wars.

Second of all, LucasArts was sold to Disney, which means Indiana Jones was taken as well. They didn't just make Star Wars.

People need to remember that.

I'm gonna go ahead and give Disney the benefit of the doubt on this one. I bet they know what they're doing. I guess I'm cautiously optimistic.

Actually the movie was produced by marvel studios, disney had nothing to do with the movie except for the distribution... however disney didn't buy lucasarts, they bought the rights to the movies so you would presume that the next starwars (trilogy?) will be produced by disney.

Edited by Koen

QUOTE EDIT TIME!

Marvel and now LucasArts? What's next, Capcom? (Hint: Wreck it Ralph has M. Bison and Zangeif in it)

• Upvote 2

Second of all, LucasArts was sold to Disney, which means Indiana Jones was taken as well. They didn't just make Star Wars.

Indiana Jones isn't as good as it used to be. I'm well aware of this, but Lucasfilms is mostly known for Star Wars, so I just made it say Star Wars in the title.

Actually the movie was produced by marvel studios, disney had nothing to do with the movie except for the distribution... however disney didn't buy lucasarts, they bought the rights to the movies so you would presume that the next starwars (trilogy?) will be produced by disney.

Yeah, I knew Marvel studios made the Avengers, I kinda thought the same type of deal would happen with this. What I meant was that I was happy that Disney didn't take over the project or do anything ridiculous like force Goofy into the Avengers or something.

Indiana Jones isn't as good as it used to be. I'm well aware of this, but Lucasfilms is mostly known for Star Wars, so I just made it say Star Wars in the title.

Plus they've already announced a new Star Wars, there hasn't been any word on a new Indiana Jones.

QUOTE EDIT TIME!

Marvel and now LucasArts? What's next, Capcom? (Hint: Wreck it Ralph has M. Bison and Zangeif in it)

Good point there!

Indiania Jones was part of the deal but it didn't play a role in the negotiation process because Lucasarts has a contract agreement with Paramount Pictures over Indy.

I just hope disney doesn't start screwing with the expanded universe the way George Lucas has been these last ten years.

Edited by The Forgotten Knight

Why do people seem to think Disney's going to butcher everything they get their hands on? They own more companies than most people know, and many of the movies they distribute don't even credit Disney. It's not like Disney's just going to start throwing Mickey Mouse in every Marvel/Star Wars movie they see, it's just a business deal.

If anything, this is only going to be better for Star Wars. Having Disney's resources at their disposal is great stuff.

Plus, George Lucas is going to be the creative consultant of Star Wars VII. If we're lucky, he'll have a harder time destroying Star Wars further.

Yeah, Sushi is right. And George Lucas isn't just going to sell it to Disney unless he thinks they can do something to help. Oh, turns out they're not making seven, their making nine. (Just for all those people who didn't know that.)

Lightsaber Keyblades. I see them now.

I never thought of that... Star Wars in KH! I want this so bad now.

Screw that, I just want Kingdom Hearts 3!

As long as it's on PS3 and not on 3DS or whatever.

Kingdom Hearts 3 would be a console game. Either way, I own both systems, so I wouldn't care.

Why not make it multiplatform for a change? Instead of screwing over all the people who don't want to shell out $9000+ on game consoles.

Why not make it multiplatform for a change? Instead of screwing over all the people who don't want to shell out $9000+ on game consoles.

Because the exclusives on PS3 look better ;-)

As long as it's on PS3. :-D

Did anyone hear that George Lucas is giving almost all of the four billion dollars he got to charity? Wow. That's insane.

So he basically sold star wars (and indie yeah yeah) for charity.

Did anyone hear that George Lucas is giving almost all of the four billion dollars he got to charity? Wow. That's insane.

Do you know what charity it is, is it just one, or did he sprinkle those 4 billion dollars over a couple of places?

Edited by daikonboy101