The Bombadiliest

Why Do You Like Castle Crashers?

Hey Everyone,

I've been playing a lot of different games recently and really asking why some I find some so immersive while others I stop playing after an hour or so, never to return.

After having an all day CC jam with my friends, I realized I still love playing even after all this time. But what is it that keeps me coming back?

Is it the awesome art? The quirky humor? Maybe the craving to collect em' all (characters, weapons,animals)? Interested to hear what you guys think.

Want to start with Castle Crashers, but we could always segway into other Behemoth games (though I'd rather stick to their stuff than other companies. This is the Behemoth forum after all)

I like it because it's a great game. I don't come back to collect 'em all, that's for Pokemon. I love the art but that's not why I come back same with the quirky humour. I play it a lot because I enjoy the game.

Surprisingly, I actually don't play Castle Crashers anymore. I had two reason to buy the game, though. One, I had heard about it and loved the demo and two, I remember playing the original flash games that Dan worked on, when I was younger. (Alien Hominid, Dad n Me and Chainsaw the Children). Once I beat the game, I went back, and unlocked some characters. Got all of the weapons and animal orbs. Played a few times through with friends, but that was about it. Just kind of stopped playing, mainly because I have no interest in insane mode. Maybe if there were an achievement for beating insane mode and unlocking all characters, I'd go back, but for now, I hae other things to play. Still love the game, though.

I used to love just because of how fun it was, but after replaying the exact same story 30 times in a row, it starts to get old.

Nowadays, I only play it because it's a fun game to play w/ friends.

It's fun

I'm good at it

Insane mode is exciting and challenging

I make new friends playing online

I can teach other how to be better at the game

I know all there is to know

Edited by The Forgotten Knight

I also like CC because it introduced me to these forums. :-D

Oh my God...I don't remember the reason I came to these forums for the first time! I don't know how I ended up here...I just kind of did! Castle Crashers obviously helped, but I was familiar with The Behemoth before that.

I love Castle Crashers because I get to beat up other knights with rainbow power and collecting EVERYTHING! I came to these forums after the 2nd ToC...........IN WHICH I LOST ON THE 1ST ROUND!!!!! :cry:

Edited by Gamefemale

Because thanks to this game I met the person who saved my life.

Keeping in mind the exciting gameplay and bitchin' artwork.

I love Castle Crashers because I get to beat up other knights with rainbow power and collecting EVERYTHING! I came to these forums after the 2nd ToC...........IN WHICH I LOST ON THE 1ST ROUND!!!!! :cry:

I wasn't even in it, so yeahhh...

I beat the person that beat the person that beat you in that tournament. Then i got beat myself. Then i beat another person and that was it.

But the reason i liked it was because right away i knew i had serious potential for this game.

Yeah it defo has that old school feel to it, told my uncle it was like Golden Axe jus' super updated and now he plays too..

For me insane mode, it's kinda like Demon Souls, challenging, fun and I lose many hours still playin' it. Even better playin' online with or against random people..

And yeah it would of been better with an achievement for unlocking all characters and gettin' a golden skull with them all.. But ya can't say it wouldn't look awesome when selectin' ya dude online..

Also, thanks to The Forgotten Knight, I now know all there is and enjoy helpin' other people out and jus' havin' a good ol' bash...

• Upvote 2

Yeah it defo has that old school feel to it, told my uncle it was like Golden Axe jus' super updated and now he plays too..

For me insane mode, it's kinda like Demon Souls, challenging, fun and I lose many hours still playin' it. Even better playin' online with or against random people..

And yeah it would of been better with an achievement for unlocking all characters and gettin' a golden skull with them all.. But ya can't say it wouldn't look awesome when selectin' ya dude online..

Also, thanks to The Forgotten Knight, I now know all there is and enjoy helpin' other people out and jus' havin' a good ol' bash...

Word

• Upvote 1

Castle Crashers introduced me to the Behemoth. After I got Castle Crashers I got Alien Hominid. I play CC because it is unique, fun, addictive, and the art is amazing. I also like facing challenges, like Insane Mode. Even if a certain game is fun, but it is super easy, It will end up being boring after you beat it. Thank you Behemoth! :-)

The artwork and aesthetics drew me in, but I think I love it because it reminds me of a goofier double dragon 

Double Dragon is the best beat 'em up ever, of all time.

I love Castle Crashers. I love the unique aesthetic and art style, I love the humor (sometimes difficult to convey with no dialogue, but done so superbly in this game), and of course, it's ridiculously fun to get together with a bunch of friends and slay hordes of bad guys. No matter how many times I play through CC, I'm always up for playing it again. 

The first thing I noticed about the game was the art style. I LOVE it. It's really cute, yet cool at the same time. The game also made me laugh. When I finally got to play it, I was hooked. I joined the forums because of it. (VERY late, but yeah... ;;; )

The joy of going on a XBLA game and hear the oohs and ahs of the 10 year olds as I use my Gray Knight skill :D

Plus it's fun to train all the characters given, still waiting for Hatty to become playable.

• Upvote 1