Dropped Your Pocket

Cigarette, Cigar, And Pipe Smokers

Under no circumstances are illegal substances to be brought up in this thread. I want to keep this as family friendly and mature (and not to mention, legal) as possible. Take that kind of talk elsewhere. Any posts regarding such things will be deleted.

Alright, I know these are family friendly forums, but I believe this is a topic that many people may have some sort of interest in. This topic shall be PURELY about LEGAL tobacco substances, such as cigarettes, cigars, cigarellos, pipes, etc.

Almost everyone has a family member or a family friend or at least knows someone who smokes. If you don't, then that's probably good. Unfortunately, it is a popular thing that people do. I want to know everyone's opinions on smoking. Do you smoke? Does your family smoke? Do you hate smokers? If you smoke, what brand? Things such as that.

My story:

I guess I'll start off with my point of view. Growing up, my mother was a smoker. For a few years, she had quit, and would only have a smoke at a get-together every now and then. A couple years ago, she started smoking again. Now, all my life I've hated smoking. I thought it smelled bad, and it was all-around just gross. Then, I got a job at a gas station. Now, I'm not one to give into peer pressure, and I don't believe that's the case here, but when almost all of your coworkers smoke and you sell dozens of packs of cigarettes a day, you start to wonder. Or at least I did. Over a year or so, I tried to fight off the urges to try anything, and it mainly worked because I wasn't eighteen yet. Once I turned eighteen, I tried chewing tobacco. Hated it. About a month ago, I tried a cigarello. It was okay, nothing special, really. Then today, I finally caved into my curiosity and bought a pack of smokes with my gift card Holiday sent me for Thanksgiving. I literally just got back from my first smoke. And you know what? I don't know what to say. I can say this, though: to all readers that are underage, which is probably a lot of you, just don't smoke. It's not good for you, it's not cool, and it's just, well, nothing special. I didn't hate the smoke. I think I chose a decent type of cigarette to start with because it's less, well, cigarette-y, I guess. It's smooth and it's sweet and doesn't completely smell awful like cigarettes usually do. For the record, I went with an ultra-light cigarette and would never go higher than that. If I'm going to wreck my body, I'm going to wreck my body as little as possible.

Woah, just realized how long that was...hmmm...oh well. I guess I'll have to try again tomorrow or something to see if it's something I'd actually DO, but I really hope I don't get into the habit. Then again, I don't want my money to go to waste either...I'll see what happens.

That's my story, I guess, anyone else want to share their opinions and/or stories?

I'm under age so I don't smoke (keep in mind I don't want to smoke).

I don't hate the idea of smoking, but I don't quite see the point in it. But my brother Pete does. He buys a "19 pack", weird huh.

When he wants to go out for a smoke he never says it but simply makes an action because he doesn't want to make our parents know. I don't think he understands that our parents have access to the prices of what he has bought, which is basically £5.95 £5.95 £5.95 etc.

Not a very interesting story and doesn't really make sense when you put it all together but y'know.

I don't hate the idea of smoking, but I don't quite see the point in it. But my brother Pete does. He buys a "19 pack", weird huh.

When he wants to go out for a smoke he never says it but simply makes an action because he doesn't want to make our parents know. I don't think he understands that our parents have access to the prices of what he has bought, which is basically £5.95 £5.95 £5.95 etc.

Not a very interesting story and doesn't really make sense when you put it all together but y'know.

I remember when I was about your age and my next door neighbor was in my grade. We became friends and one day he told me he smoked and I totally thought he was joking. But he wasn't. We would go to the retirement home and gas station down the street to try and find him decent sized cigarettes in the ashtrays. It was really sad, being twelve years old and having a friend who smoked. We weren't friends for very long, though, because he was kind of mean.

One day, im going to come to this topic and say the wrong word. And i will try my absolute hardest NOT to say that word. No matter how funny i think it will be in the long run. Nope. Not even once. And if you think this doesnt belong in the Cigarette thread, you couldnt be more wrong.

But i know eventually i will slip up and say the joke. And then i will subsequently get a warning on said joke. I'll probably regret saying it but i probably regret not saying it either.

And yes it's a legal substance smoking joke... for the most part.

I understand smoking to get high and stuff, but I don't understand smoking for the sake of smoking.

I inhale second-hand smoke several times on a daily basis, from both pot and tobacco. It's really unpleasant.

I remember when I was about your age and my next door neighbor was in my grade. We became friends and one day he told me he smoked and I totally thought he was joking. But he wasn't. We would go to the retirement home and gas station down the street to try and find him decent sized cigarettes in the ashtrays. It was really sad, being twelve years old and having a friend who smoked. We weren't friends for very long, though, because he was kind of mean.

Ewww. I can't really handle the second-hand smoke, it stinks and tastes bad. But first hand smoke, blech.

Just so you know though, Pete's 19, and that's legal.

I'm honestly thinking about killing two birds with one stone right now. I have been buying a crap ton of chocolate candy in the last couple months, worth probably over a hundred dollars by now, and I'm sick of it. I know one brand of E-Cigarette that sells chocolate and other sweet flavors, and you can get them without nicotine in them. It's just water vapor, so there's no nasty crap from cigarettes in it. That way, I can smoke, it won't harm my health, and it'll taste like chocolate so I won't crave candy anymore. Seems like a good idea to me.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, had my second cigarette about an hour ago. Really reminiscent of the first one. The flavor is okay, it's just the feeling of that crap hitting my lungs when I inhale that I hate. I'll probably smoke one more to confirm that I pretty much hate it, then give the rest of the pack to my mom or something.

I can't believe I'm actually posting this online, but back I actually smoked for a month during my sophomore year in High School. I was desperate because I was severely depressed due to family problems and girl problems >.> It makes me feel like an idiot. I was depressed, so I just got a couple packs from the "stash" in my Dad's car, and yeah. The reason it was so easy for me to stop was because my Dad relocated his stash, and I couldn't find them again. The next month was terrible though. My grades = balloon.

All I can say from this is that I'm very lucky for not being able to find those cigarettes again.

I can't believe I'm actually posting this online, but back I actually smoked for a month during my sophomore year in High School. I was desperate because I was severely depressed due to family problems and girl problems >.> It makes me feel like an idiot. I was depressed, so I just got a couple packs from the "stash" in my Dad's car, and yeah. The reason it was so easy for me to stop was because my Dad relocated his stash, and I couldn't find them again. The next month was terrible though. My grades = balloon.

All I can say from this is that I'm very lucky for not being able to find those cigarettes again.

It's nice that you're willing to share that. As much as I'd like to not talk about it, my girlfriend did recently break up with me. I also suffer from depression as it is. That very well could have contributed to me wanting to try it, as well.

Also, had my third, and probably last, cigarette a little bit ago. Totally not good. It just hurts my throat, makes me cough, and the taste is only decent. Plus, it's freaking cold and snowy out, if I got addicted, I'd have to go out into the cold every day to smoke. No thank you. I placed my order for my electronic cigarette I mentioned. To anyone who cares, I'm getting mine from [A WEBSITE]. They're having a special now, so I was able to get the cigarette components and some juice for about thirty dollars with shipping. Very good deal, if you ask me.

I really hate the idea of smoking in the first place. My mom was a smoker when I was little, but she doesn't do it anymore. My stepdad only smokes once in a while, but not too much. I can't remember exactly, but I think one of my family members died because he smoked too much. It all happened when I was little. I learned a long time ago that smoking is not good and you should never do it. I will never smoke in my entire life.

I really hate the idea of smoking in the first place. My mom was a smoker when I was little, but she doesn't do it anymore. My stepdad only smokes once in a while, but not too much. I can't remember exactly, but I think one of my family members died because he smoked too much. It all happened when I was little. I learned a long time ago that smoking is not good and you should never do it. I will never smoke in my entire life.

Good. It's just gross, really.

I don't really see the point of you ordering an electronic cigarette period. Cigarettes have poor and disgusting taste period, electronic ones have almost none, it's simply the oral fixation that it's designed to help people quit by. If you want a healthy addiction besides smoking or eating candy try running or going to the gym. Your brain releases endorphens which is the chemical that causes happiness.

The hard part is always starting or being motivated enough to actually do it. You might be sweaty and tired afterward but I don't know anyone who can be depressed after doing a legit workout.

I don't like cigarettes. They taste like ash and have absolutely no flavor to me. The only time I use them is when I'm extremely drunk and someone offers or if I'm sociallizing with a girl who wants to step out for a smoke.

A friend recently introduced me to cigar smoking and it is by far 100x better tasting than cigarettes. I no way, shape, or form is it healthier but at least it's mostly filled with tobacco leaves, not man made chemicals. They are definatley stronger and take some getting used to but they have hundreds of brands, variety, and flavors that one can explore.

Cigars take smoking from a bad habit to an art and social act that one sits back and relaxes to enjoy. You don't simply pick one up and puff away. There are different types of cuts people prefer to make on them and specifc lighters you want to use. Even disposing of them is different. You never want to try and put out a cigar. For long term storage you want to use a humidor box. A real cigar shop will have theirs stored in a humidor room.

A good cigar smoke takes anywhere between 45+ min and is very relaxing. Some places will even have a lounge for you to sit back and enjoy them. The smell of cigar smoke is much stronger than cigarette smoke and much more distinctive because each one is unique depending on how and when it was made. To me they smell good and is a far more masculine habit than cigarettes. They are also much more expensive so don't think you'll be doing it too often.

I only smoke cigars every once in a while and during special occasions.

• Upvote 1

I don't really see the point of you ordering an electronic cigarette period. Cigarettes have poor and disgusting taste period, electronic ones have almost none, it's simply the oral fixation that it's designed to help people quit by. If you want a healthy addiction besides smoking or eating candy try running or going to the gym. Your brain releases endorphens which is the chemical that causes happiness.

The thing is though, you save more money in the long run. An E-Cigarette is about $100-120, while an average addict spends about that much a month. So you're saving a lot doing that. Another reason you'd buy one is to clean all the ick out of your lungs. Around your first times using it, you cough. A lot. It's a pretty nice thing to have. My Mamaw got one a couple weeks ago and is already doing better with her addiction. Edited by Turkey

It's nice that you're willing to share that. As much as I'd like to not talk about it, my girlfriend did recently break up with me. I also suffer from depression as it is. That very well could have contributed to me wanting to try it, as well.

Also, had my third, and probably last, cigarette a little bit ago. Totally not good. It just hurts my throat, makes me cough, and the taste is only decent. Plus, it's freaking cold and snowy out, if I got addicted, I'd have to go out into the cold every day to smoke. No thank you. I placed my order for my electronic cigarette I mentioned. To anyone who cares, I'm getting mine from [A WEBSITE]. They're having a special now, so I was able to get the cigarette components and some juice for about thirty dollars with shipping. Very good deal, if you ask me.

Ordering E-Cigarettes from some shifty website. You need at least one person to tell you that they're disappointed in you.

I have an aunt that smokes, she is almost deaf, blind, has major injuries and huge sores on her legs. It's disgusting, and I don't want to hear that any of you can't show up to your family's house for dinner because you're in the hospital 24/7 just because you couldn't quit.

You don't need patches, and you don't need gum. You need willpower.

• Upvote 1

I ordered my e cigarette and it's only like thirty dollars with shipping. And I got a trusted brand that was recommended by someone I follow on YouTube who is well respected.

I have tried smoking a cigar before and it was okay, but it made my lips really dry and it kind of hurt because of how hot it was. I don't know, maybe it was just a bad one, but I didn't like it very much.

Cigarettes are out of the question. It was just gross, and I didn't enjoy it at all.

Pipes are cool. I've never smoked one, but they smell really good if it's an aromatic tobacco. I don't have the money to try pipe smoking anyway, so that's out of the question, at least now. That's more of a recreational type of smoking, if you ask me. Like if it's nice out or you just want to be outside, you can pack a pipe with some nice tobacco and go out and smoke for a half an hour or so and just enjoy the outdoors.

I ordered my e cigarette and it's only like thirty dollars with shipping. And I got a trusted brand that was recommended by someone I follow on YouTube who is well respected.

Are you an addict? Or is this in-case you do become an addict? Or do you just want one?

EDIT: Whoops, didn't read most of the post.

Edited by daikonboy101

Hmm cigs are bad for ya but then again so is not walkin' with ya back straight..

We all have different needs and wants. I smoke sometimes but usually when bored i.e. not at work..

Now I know u mentioned legal stuff but I can feel an' undercurrent here..

Try cuttin' down before quittin'...

Are you an addict? Or is this in-case you do become an addict? Or do you just want one?

Daikonboy, lemme say quickly that smoking three cigarettes won't get you addicted. That's just not going to happen. But like I said in my earlier post, I'm just getting the chocolate flavor without nicotine. So yeah.

Daikonboy, lemme say quickly that smoking three cigarettes won't get you addicted. That's just not going to happen. But like I said in my earlier post, I'm just getting the chocolate flavor without nicotine. So yeah.

Yeah I didn't know that you had only had three, I thought you had more.