Dropped Your Pocket

Cigarette, Cigar, And Pipe Smokers

There's no way I'm ever huffing one those things. You know what guys in alleyways do to people with stomas?

Edited by TheTPRI

I feel Cigarettes, Cigars, and pipe smoking is bad for the enviroment, and do not engage in any of those items.

Not as bad as driving does.

Got my electronic cigarette in the mail yesterday, and I'm already like one third of the way through the seven milliliter bottle of flavor I got with it. It tastes really good, too. Planning on ordering some dessert flavors to try out. Way better than smoking is, that's for sure.

• Upvote 1

I feel Cigarettes, Cigars, and pipe smoking is bad for the enviroment, and do not engage in any of those items.

But people drive to get to work. Smoking may not be as harmful to the environment as driving a car but cars provide a necessary service and smoking does not.

But people drive to get to work. Smoking may not be as harmful to the environment as driving a car but cars provide a necessary service and smoking does not.

True. I see no real reason to smoke. Ever.

People need vices. Otherwise life would be stale and boring.

^ This.

My vent is drawing horrible, gruesome things and imagining killing everyone I hate in the most slow, painful, and tormenting way possible. Oh, and self harm.

what the point of smoking if your gonna be so self loathing about it?

ugh, its like ride or die man.

you either ride

or you die

Wouldn't smoking be a ride and die choice?

what the point of smoking if your gonna be so self loathing about it?

ugh, its like ride or die man.

you either ride

or you die

Wouldn't smoking be a ride and die choice?

zomg you act like your not gonna die anyway

when you boil down to it

everythings ride or die

lifes pretty hardcord#2legit2quit

Edited by mechazeep

I'm the only one in my immediate family who doesn't smoke some kind of substance. I've just never seen the point. Might be the fact that I'm nowhere near as wealthy as I'd like to be and I just don't want to spend money on something like cigarettes or other smoking materials. Whatever the most influential reason, I've yet to smoke and I don't plan on doing so.

This, however, doesn't mean I'm gonna glare at someone who smokes and bust out my soapbox to preach to them about all the negativity of smoking, because frankly, I don't give a damn.

Not to sound like a stalker, but you're stationed in Okinawa right?

If you are, are there a lot of smokers over there? Lung cancer is the number one fatality in Japan, but I just never really see that much smoking in Kyushu. Even in the cities it's never that bad. From what I've heard, the more condensed cities have a lot more smokers, but I wouldn't really know about that first hand. I was wondering if Okinawa was any different.

Edited by T Diamond

Wellll...since this thread was revived, this is a perfect time for me to admit that I actually do still smoke...I'll smoke 1-3 cigarettes a day, but then I can go a few days or even a week without smoking at all...at this point, I may or may not be addicted to the nicotine, but I wouldn't know either way since the two major signs of withdrawal are depression and headaches. I suffer from depression and get random headaches all of the time anyway. Point is, I'm doing it not because I'm addicted, but because I do enjoy relaxing and just having a smoke. I've come to terms with the fact that it's dangerous and life-threatening. You know what? So is driving a car. So is fast food. I'm going to die eventually, so why not enjoy a smoke every now and then?

Now, since there are a few members who are younger than I, I will say this: don't do it. I never had the interest until I worked at a gas station for more than a year. I may say I enjoy it, but it's still a nasty, terrible habit. My friends have never smoked, and I never want them to. I know one of my friends in particular said he has never smoked before and had thought about trying one of my cigarettes, but I refused to. I'm not going to ever let someone who isn't a smoker smoke one of my cigarettes, because I don't want them to get into that crap. Not to mention it's a costly addiction, especially when you get a "classier" brand. I just smoke Camel. Cheap, but not too cheap, and I like the flavor of the tobacco itself. All of the chemicals, not so much. Still, just don't do it. Take it from me, the guy who wouldn't have even touched a cigarette a year ago, that it's not "cool".

You hear it all the time from parents and other adults that it won't make you cool, and it's bad for you, but I think my word has more impact since I'm still quite young, barely even an adult. I'm technically still in my teens, so I'm a lot closer in age to younger teens that might be on these forums. It's just not worth it.

Lastly, to wrap up this totally long post, if by some terrible occurrence, you do start smoking (once you're of age!) at least do yourself and the public a favor and be good about it. If you're going to smoke (which you shouldn't, in my opinion) at least throw your butts away rather than littering. And if you have a wife/husband who doesn't smoke, don't smoke around them. Same with if you have kids, don't smoke around them either. I personally ordered a small little ashtray made by Zippo that you throw in your pocket, and can put about six cigarette butts into. That way, if I am smoking and can't find an ashtray or something, I can put it in there rather than littering. Smoking shouldn't affect anyone except the one doing it, and that's how I'm doing it.

Phew, now that that's over, I can relax my fingers, they're cold from typing so much at once.

Whoops didn't expect/mean for you to type up a storm. :oops:

Either way I have few friends that smoke and they all pretty much say the same thing you do. Smoking is nasty and they don't recommend it in anyway and I know at least one of them regrets it.

Also thanks for being a conscientious smoker. I probably won't say anything about someone smoking or not, as long as I don't have to deal with them smoking. When I went to a community college some of the smokers there were horrible. Half the campus smelled like smoke during the day and I had to keep eating inside because 4/5 times the tables would have butts all over the place. It really made me start having a negative attitude towards smokers, to be honest.

Whoops didn't expect/mean for you to type up a storm. :oops:

Either way I have few friends that smoke and they all pretty much say the same thing you do. Smoking is nasty and they don't recommend it in anyway and I know at least one of them regrets it.

Also thanks for being a conscientious smoker. I probably won't say anything about someone smoking or not, as long as I don't have to deal with them smoking. When I went to a community college some of the smokers there were horrible. Half the campus smelled like smoke during the day and I had to keep eating inside because 4/5 times the tables would have butts all over the place. It really made me start having a negative attitude towards smokers, to be honest.

To be honest, I was thinking about reviving the thread to get it off my back anyways.

One time I like to smoke is when I go across the street to BP to pick up some iced teas (which is too often). I'll smoke a cigarette, and it'll be about half gone when I get there, so I'll stand outside and finish it, slightly away from the doors so people don't have to smell it. Then, when I'm done, instead of stomping it out (there are a lot of butts on the concrete there) I actually put it out and put it in the trash can nearby. I used to have bad opinions about smokers as well, and I thought it was disgusting that so many make others put up with their smoke and their litter and whatnot, and even though I smoke, those ideas haven't changed. That's why I am a conscientious smoker, because I know what it's like putting up with people who aren't.

If you are, are there a lot of smokers over there? Lung cancer is the number one fatality in Japan, but I just never really see that much smoking in Kyushu. Even in the cities it's never that bad. From what I've heard, the more condensed cities have a lot more smokers, but I wouldn't really know about that first hand. I was wondering if Okinawa was any different.

Yeah, but Okinawa's different from mainland Japan historically and culturally in a lot of ways. It's more like our territories of Guam and Puerto Rico for us. Okinawa and Japan prefer to distinguish themselves from each other. I have not seen any metropolis cities here so far. There are smokers here but nothing overtly noticable.

On an off topic note. Okinawa is comparable to the 1950's of America in the way of general saftey, neighbor friendliness, and family unit formation. Its very nice and very peaceful. Kinda like you would imagine Canada I guess.

Yeah, but Okinawa's different from mainland Japan historically and culturally in a lot of ways. It's more like our territories of Guam and Puerto Rico for us. Okinawa and Japan prefer to distinguish themselves from each other. I have not seen any metropolis cities here so far. There are smokers here but nothing overtly noticable.

On an off topic note. Okinawa is comparable to the 1950's of America in the way of general saftey, neighbor friendliness, and family unit formation. Its very nice and very peaceful. Kinda like you would imagine Canada I guess.

I've heard mixed things about Okinawa. Some people really seem to like it and say it's a nice place visit every so often, meanwhile others like to pretend Japan doesn't even own it. I don't really know where I'm going with this is and it's off topic, so I'll just end it here I guess. :P

I'm slowly trying to get over my slight nicotin addiction. It's weird. My body never really demands a cigarette, but I always end up finding myself in front of one, inhaling.

It's not as much of a biological addiction as much as it's a social addiction, for me. I spend many hours in front of school just chillin' with friends, since my schedule is full of holes, like a

sponge

What I mean by social addiction, is...

"hey, scarabix, do you want a cigarette?"

"yeah, sure!"

(oh, snap, now I gotta give him one back. Let's go buy cigarettes)

"hey guys, want cigarettes?"

"yeah sure"

(oh man I got so many cigarettes left now. Well, couldn't hurt to smoke one, right?)

And it keeps going on like this for ages. We also use them as change. So I always more or less have a cigarette on me. Sometimes I sell my lunch bread for cigarette which I trade back in for fries.

My new circle of friends is extremely smoke-centered, and I don't want to do away with them because they're pretty cool. I don't mind the smoking, though it can be rather expensive.

smoking is bad for u .....they say and what is illegal my be legal in other places its getting weird in the states

still laws are changing in michigan ppl used to be able to smoke in bars and now they cant i think it goes against our freedom i should be able to choose a place like a bar and be able to smoke if it doesnt mess with someones freedom to fresh air....they need to make more cigar bars

Edited by MISINFORMANT

My new circle of friends is extremely smoke-centered, and I don't want to do away with them because they're pretty cool. I don't mind the smoking, though it can be rather expensive.

I understand the situation you're in and why you'd smoke for a social reason, but if I were you I wouldn't hang out with people who would possibly stop liking me or hanging out with me if I were to stop smoking.

In other news, I have officially lost all connection to a girl who once was my best friend, the one who is the reason I didn't completely fail school to start with, thanks to smoking pot all the bloody time. She now only hangs out with completely braindead potheads, and it sickens me to see such a wonderfully artistic and intelligent mind, with such a sweet and caring nature, and a beautiful body, to all go to waste so swiftly and easily.

I understand the situation you're in and why you'd smoke for a social reason, but if I were you I wouldn't hang out with people who would possibly stop liking me or hanging out with me if I were to stop smoking.

In other news, I have officially lost all connection to a girl who once was my best friend, the one who is the reason I didn't completely fail school to start with, thanks to smoking pot all the bloody time. She now only hangs out with completely braindead potheads, and it sickens me to see such a wonderfully artistic and intelligent mind, with such a sweet and caring nature, and a beautiful body, to all go to waste so swiftly and easily.

have u told her that she helped u not fail and u feel shes failing u now?

It makes me feel bad because she was one of the very few people from the us i actually saw in person. she was your only friend i met, too and she was very nice.

I had hope that i'd get to see her again, too. Not cool.

Relatives on my mom's side smoke I think Malboro or somthing like that

I donk think it's a sin to smoke, but I don't approve of it.

I only see it as a health concern and when people die because of it it's sad.

I only smoke black and milds on occasion, because im a scumbag and [unrealtedly] appreciate african american culture

I used to only smoke black on occasion but i recently changed to a ELECTRONIC CIGARETTE. Great alternative, less tar, great flavors, and very very inexpensive. PM me for info on good e cig brands