Sign in to follow this  
Isaac

Any Megaman Fans Out There?

Anyone who's ever talked to me about games for an extended period of time knows that Capcom is my favorite, and this looks awesome. Honestly if it wasn't free I would say it looked gimmicky like Street Fighter X Tekken did to me, but it is free so I have no complaints!

Anyone who's ever talked to me about games for an extended period of time knows that Capcom is my favorite, and this looks awesome. Honestly if it wasn't free I would say it looked gimmicky like Street Fighter X Tekken did to me, but it is free so I have no complaints!

A shame they became interested in only money these last few years...

• Upvote 1

As if they never were before.......

Either way, despite a lot of the awkward choices Capcom makes they still always make extremely great games in my opinion. A whole bunch of my favorite games were made by them, such as Monster Hunter games, Megaman games, Dragon's Dogma, and more. I could never truly be angry with them.

BTW, this game actually was a Fan-Game a guy was making, however it seems that Capcom is endorsing it now. Not that anything is wrong with that, as it is cool they are giving this fan such a chance (Actually there is a good amount of extremely well made Megaman Fan-Games, but that is different topic). Plus it is a good way to celebrate both Street Fighter and Megaman at the same time.

Either way, despite a lot of the awkward choices Capcom makes they still always make extremely great games in my opinion. A whole bunch of my favorite games were made by them, such as Monster Hunter games, Megaman games, Dragon's Dogma, and more. I could never truly be angry with them.

BTW, this game actually was a Fan-Game a guy was making, however it seems that Capcom is endorsing it now. Not that anything is wrong with that, as it is cool they are giving this fan such a chance (Actually there is a good amount of extremely well made Megaman Fan-Games, but that is different topic). Plus it is a good way to celebrate both Street Fighter and Megaman at the same time.

What about pretty much denying everyone Megaman? Their major asset, and they just dropped him pretty much. And from what I heard, RE6 was absolutely awful. They won't even add trophies to the PS3 version of DMC4 because they wouldn't get any money out of it.

What about pretty much denying everyone Megaman? Their major asset, and they just dropped him pretty much. And from what I heard, RE6 was absolutely awful. They won't even add trophies to the PS3 version of DMC4 because they wouldn't get any money out of it.

Capcom is a company first, and as a company they need took make some business decisions sometimes. Even though Megaman is one of my favorite game series, I am not entirely mad that they have been denying me Megaman. If you look at Legends 3, the number of people supporting it would not have gotten them more revenue than it would have taken them to make it, so it was panned. Even Inafune himself, who feels that Legends is his favorite Megaman type, states that the first two games were both financial failures. Does it suck for the fans? Absolutely, as I would have loved to played it, but I don't expect Capcom to be everyone's miracle worker at the time. Megaman Universe on the other hand was hammered on by many people who played the early builds of that, so that one was dropped due to the excessive negative feedback if I remember correctly. At the end of the day, should Capcom be trying to please the fans at all times and loss some money, or have to sometimes deny fans so that they don't waste money? A business needs to make decisions like this sometimes in order to survive in the long run, which is why I have no anger with Capcom personally.

In terms of bad games, well, every game company tends to make some bad/mediocre game every now and then. Life is never always perfect, nor does anything have perfect track records all the time. RE6 might have been bad (wouldn't know myself for I am not really a fan of the series, not that I have anything against it, just haven't played any of the games), but many of their other games have been extremely successful, such as Monster Hunter and Dragon's Dogma. Just because they mess up one thing doesn't mean everything else is.

Capcom is a company first, and as a company they need took make some business decisions sometimes. Even though Megaman is one of my favorite game series, I am not entirely mad that they have been denying me Megaman. If you look at Legends 3, the number of people supporting it would not have gotten them more revenue than it would have taken them to make it, so it was panned. Even Inafune himself, who feels that Legends is his favorite Megaman type, states that the first two games were both financial failures. Does it suck for the fans? Absolutely, as I would have loved to played it, but I don't expect Capcom to be everyone's miracle worker at the time. Megaman Universe on the other hand was hammered on by many people who played the early builds of that, so that one was dropped due to the excessive negative feedback if I remember correctly. At the end of the day, should Capcom be trying to please the fans at all times and loss some money, or have to sometimes deny fans so that they don't waste money? A business needs to make decisions like this sometimes in order to survive in the long run, which is why I have no anger with Capcom personally.

In terms of bad games, well, every game company tends to make some bad/mediocre game every now and then. Life is never always perfect, nor does anything have perfect track records all the time. RE6 might have been bad (wouldn't know myself for I am not really a fan of the series, not that I have anything against it, just haven't played any of the games), but many of their other games have been extremely successful, such as Monster Hunter and Dragon's Dogma. Just because they mess up one thing doesn't mean everything else is.

The only problem is RE6 needed to meet high expectations, but I've heard it's worse than RE5 was. I want to play it to judge for myself, but I've heard mostly negative things about it.

The only problem is RE6 needed to meet high expectations, but I've heard it's worse than RE5 was. I want to play it to judge for myself, but I've heard mostly negative things about it.

Idealistically the blow is harder for fans of the series. I guess it would hurt most for people who only liked that series from Capcom or liked that series in a sense that it was what made them love Capcom. I am nearly a fan of everything Capcom though, so if one thing gets messed up sometimes, there is always there other stuff for me to enjoy. Even if there is the possibility of Capcom just making bad game after bad game, at least we have all the good games in the past to enjoy, right?

Actually to be honest, this is becoming to be quite off-topic, at least I would think so. Kinda more about a Capcom debate between us than simply talking about this game I would say. :-P

Edited by Zugama

Idealistically the blow is harder for fans of the series. I guess it would hurt most for people who only liked that series from Capcom or liked that series in a sense that it was what made them love Capcom. I am nearly a fan of everything Capcom though, so if one thing gets messed up sometimes, there is always there other stuff for me to enjoy. Even if there is the possibility of Capcom just making bad game after bad game, at least we have all the good games in the past to enjoy, right?

Actually to be honest, this is becoming to be quite off-topic, at least I would think so. Kinda more about a Capcom debate between us than simply talking about this game I would say. :-P

Well considering nobody knows much else about the game, what else is there to talk about?

Well considering nobody knows much else about the game, what else is there to talk about?

Ha! I am not too sure myself.

So now that it's out, what do people think? Personally I love it. I haven't played too many Megaman games, so other peoples' opinions are probably more reliable than mine in this case, but it's a pretty awesome game for free!

Mega Man is my favorite and this is good too. I haven't played all the way through because I have a job but what I've played is good.

I haven't actually eaten it yet (no spoilers), but I hear the final boss is sorta easy. I kinda stopped playing a while ago but this thread being bumped made me want to pick it back up again.

EDIT: I meant I haven't BEATEN it yet! (Sorry.) I left what I originally said just for lolz.

Edited by GoldenGhost

I played this on release. I did enjoy it (despite not being a huge fan of the original Megaman series or Street Fighter), but it just makes me further wonder why Capcom dropped Megaman entirely. I just don't understand it

This game racked up over a million downloads like it was nothing. There's definitely still a global interest in the blue bomber. On a side note, even the Sonic & Mega Man: Worlds Collide comic series is seeing good reviews

I played this on release. I did enjoy it (despite not being a huge fan of the original Megaman series or Street Fighter), but it just makes me further wonder why Capcom dropped Megaman entirely. I just don't understand it

This game racked up over a million downloads like it was nothing. There's definitely still a global interest in the blue bomber. On a side note, even the Sonic & Mega Man: Worlds Collide comic series is seeing good reviews

I got that on Free Comic Book Day. Still haven't read it yet.

I have played a couple megaman games growing up, like for NES and MegaMan Zero, (forget which one) I did like Zero alot. I recently watched one of my favorable streamers on twitch pick up MMX so I started to play it, I do like the challenge so it's pretty fun.