Sign in to follow this  
GamerGuy09

Is It Safe To Say That Battleblock Theater Will Be Out By This Year?

It would be a terrible thing if it doesn't come out this year.

Didnt they already say that they will release the game in 2013, but no specific date was given out.

Didnt they already say that they will release the game in 2013, but no specific date was given out.

I don't believe there was a date posted about 2013. It was originally slated for release in 2010, but after that, no dates were given because of the disappointment of failure to release.

Developers have learned from Duke Nukem Forever to not keep posting deadlines for themselves, because it could mean they have to cut corners to get there fast enough, or risk upsetting the fanbase by failing to meet a release.

I don't believe there was a date posted about 2013. It was originally slated for release in 2010, but after that, no dates were given because of the disappointment of failure to release.

Developers have learned from Duke Nukem Forever to not keep posting deadlines for themselves, because it could mean they have to cut corners to get there fast enough, or risk upsetting the fanbase by failing to meet a release.

Actually I think they said 2011 after that.

In case anyone didn't know, it says Release Date: 2013 in the Gameinformer.

Thats where i read it..

I read that too.

This.

I was gonna say this...

But you beat me to it again. :x

I blame sleep.

• Upvote 1

Did they get that date from The Behemoth, though? It wouldn't be the first time a source has given out a release date for BBT without any official confirmation. I think the only way to know for sure is to get a date straight from The Behemoth itself.

Did they get that date from The Behemoth, though? It wouldn't be the first time a source has given out a release date for BBT without any official confirmation. I think the only way to know for sure is to get a date straight from The Behemoth itself.

The only way to know for sure with The Behemoth is if it actually releases.

• Upvote 1

Because we all saw how it turned out last time The Behemoth announced a date.

Last time The Behemoth announced a release date.

Seriously, though, The Behemoth doesn't seem to be wrong about release dates very often. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the 2010 BattleBlock Theater release the only time they've ever given a false date? I wouldn't know for sure, but no other instance comes to mind for me.

Thats where i read it..

I read that too.

You guys know that those are just guesses, right?

Thats where i read it..

I read that too.

I dunno man... " The developer is nearing the final rounds of testing, tweaking, and submissions. One good sign that the game is near complition is that the company just found out that BattleBlock Theater will be rated T by the ESRB. We hope we get a release date soon."

Thats where i read it..

I read that too.

I dunno man... " The developer is nearing the final rounds of testing, tweaking, and submissions. One good sign that the game is near complition is that the company just found out that BattleBlock Theater will be rated T by the ESRB. We hope we get a release date soon."

They said that Animal Crossing 3DS game would come out in August 2012. It's 2013.

Thats where i read it..

I read that too.

They said that Animal Crossing 3DS game would come out in August 2012. It's 2013.

Could you link me that article?

Because we all saw how it turned out last time The Behemoth announced a date.

Last time The Behemoth announced a release date.

Seriously, though, The Behemoth doesn't seem to be wrong about release dates very often. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the 2010 BattleBlock Theater release the only time they've ever given a false date? I wouldn't know for sure, but no other instance comes to mind for me.

It's not the amount that matters, it's that they announced it, overshot by multiple years, and learned to not announce the date ever again.

BattleBlock Theater will be rated T by the ESRB

Thank god. They said they were aiming to make it child-friendly, and I hate when people censor themselves.

Thats where i read it..

I read that too.

I can't remember which one it was in. I'm not going to scan every magazine to find it...

Thats where i read it..

I read that too.

I can't remember which one it was in. I'm not going to scan every magazine to find it...

It was in the magazine where they reveal the top 50 games of 2012, page 78.