I don't know. CC has a very hard time with 4 players. 

That's another really good point how are you supposed to have 16 players in bbt where in castle crashers it was hard to have 4.

What he said!

The engine supports a very large number of players, but design-wise this made no sense for what we were trying to achieve.   That said, we're currently running with 4 players max (in arena).

• Upvote 1

Dan, has anyone received confirmation of their participation in the beta.

I'd at least like to know if you're sending out emails already or not. :)

I don't know. CC has a very hard time with 4 players. 

I do need to say: CC had more networking issues than other XBLA games I played. Most of the time, the game would search for players forever. On the cases it did connect, I would get kicked out of the game with a connection error. Other games worked fine, and I have pretty common network settings (standard NAT with upnp support on a tomato firmware router). If it wasn't for local multiplayer (ok, it's the most awesome way to play), I wouldn't have had 10/12 achievements. I never got the ranked fights and "all you can quaff" for exactly this reason :/.
That's one of the reasons a beta like this is convenient: Catch any previously unnoticed networking issues before it goes life.
Edited by boe2

Yeah sure but do you not even realize how much 16 people is. That would be very hard to deal with.

don't really need to worry about that now, since dan confirmed its 4 players only. 

What he said!

The engine supports a very large number of players, but design-wise this made no sense for what we were trying to achieve.   That said, we're currently running with 4 players max (in arena).

Thank you I agree.  like I said in one of my earlier comments the way the maps and game play are it just wouldn't work with 16 people. That is all I am going to say for this matter.

Yeah sure but do you not even realize how much 16 people is. That would be very hard to deal with.

A bit besides the point. Technically it should be perfectly possible, it's the lack of screen estate that would make things too chaotic. My point was that castle crashers 4-player games acted up because the networking in CC was a bit erratic in the first place.

Edited by boe2

People are getting their invites? Awe dang..

Are we sure?  I haven't heard about anyone receiving an invite outside of a contest. 

People are getting their invites? Awe dang..

Are we sure?  I haven't heard about anyone receiving an invite outside of a contest. 

Check the devblog.

would be cool if it got in since i pretty much found alot of bugs in the game after its release.  I applied up for it but who knows if i make it.  I promise you all that ill try everything i did in castle crashers to make sure things work.

Would be a big honor

starting to think that more people signed up for this than i had previously thought.  especially if other sites are advertising it. people see closed beta and instantly sign up. 

starting to think that more people signed up for this than i had previously thought.  especially if other sites are advertising it. people see closed beta and instantly sign up. 

It doesn't matter if they sign up if they don't make a forums account. At least, that's how I understand it.

I have been waiting for another youtube video or announcement in regards to BBT! I certainly was not expecting a Beta announcement.

Bravo Behemoth for making sure this game will be the best it can be. I have never seen such quality and care taken in selecting qualified individuals and setting guidelines/tasks for all the testers to complete, instead of just throwing it at em to play.

If I don't get selected, I know that Behemoth will select a very fine group of Behemoth Fans to test BBT and it'll be one of the best Arcade titles to come out since Castle Crashers and Alien Hominid HD!

Take care

-Matt