GamerGuy09

If I Get In, This Is My First Closed Beta I've Been In And I Have A Few Questions.

I have some questions that I want to ask because I really don't want to get in trouble since this is my favorite game.

1. Who can I tell about the game? Like I have a little brother that is super excited about this game, I didn't want to tell him about the beta because I don't want to give his hopes up if I don't get in. Is it okay to play with family or friends?
  2. Will the beta end when those event days end?
  3. What features will be in the closed beta, such as story, multiplayer, or level editor?

Edited by GamerGuy09

A very thorough answer to at least questions #1 and #2 can be found in the multiple documents you were supposed to have read before entering.

The first day you should stick to playing story, as shown on the list.

The next four days, you should stick to the multiplayer matches, also scheduled.

I don't know about the other stuff.

Nobody reads the Terms and Conditions nowadays, such a shame. For all you know, you've become a slave for behemoth.

• Upvote 3

Nobody reads the Terms and Conditions nowadays, such a shame. For all you know, you've become a slave for behemoth.

Thats partially true. This is the only thing I read the T&C and all the otherstuff. No others have I deemed worthy of reading.
  • Upvote 1

I usually just hit "Accept" but this time I actually read all the stuff. I want to get in too badly to cut corners.
  • Upvote 2

Well I think everyone who wants to get in will be able to. I say that because maybe there's a few hundred at most checking the fourms alot. So if they really will give out 10000 betas then I think as long as we follow the rules we will get in it. And if not who cares we r all buying it anyway lol.

Yeah, like the others said, pick up on the rules, follow the schedule, and all will be safe and an epic game will come true : D...

And in reference to what Hoboking said, I agree wholeheartedly!

I have some questions that I want to ask because I really don't want to get in trouble since this is my favorite game.

• Who can I tell about the game? Like I have a little brother that is super excited about this game, I didn't want to tell him about the beta because I don't want to give his hopes up if I don't get in. Is it okay to play with family or friends?
  • Will the beta end when those event days end?
  • What features will be in the closed beta, such as story, multiplayer, or level editor?

---------------------------------------------

You can tell people about the beta SIGN UPS. We encourage you to invite your friends to sign up for the beta. HOWEVER, if you are chosen as a beta tester then you cannot tell anyone what the game content is. The most you can tell is that you are a beta tester and you are under a strict Non-Disclosure Agreement that doesn't allow you to give any details about the game or how it's played. 

Yes, once the beta testing is over, the BBT beta will no longer be available. It's a rare and once in a lifetime chance to see that version of the game! :P Or at least until the game is officially released and you can purchase the full version. Hehe. 

The Beta Testing Task List has a schedule which hints at what will be available. This is something you should have read. Not everything in the full version of the game is available in the beta. 

Please read the FAQ here

Well I think everyone who wants to get in will be able to. I say that because maybe there's a few hundred at most checking the fourms alot. So if they really will give out 10000 betas then I think as long as we follow the rules we will get in it. And if not who cares we r all buying it anyway lol.

I really hope that you're right *fingers crossed*

• Who can I tell about the game? Like I have a little brother that is super excited about this game, I didn't want to tell him about the beta because I don't want to give his hopes up if I don't get in. Is it okay to play with family or friends?
  • What features will be in the closed beta, such as story, multiplayer, or level editor?

You can tell people about the beta SIGN UPS. We encourage you to invite your friends to sign up for the beta. HOWEVER, if you are chosen as a beta tester then you cannot tell anyone what the game content is. The most you can tell is that you are a beta tester and you are under a strict Non-Disclosure Agreement that doesn't allow you to give any details about the game or how it's played. 

Yes, once the beta testing is over, the BBT beta will no longer be available. It's a rare and once in a lifetime chance to see that version of the game! :P Or at least until the game is officially released and you can purchase the full version. Hehe. 

The Beta Testing Task List has a schedule which hints at what will be available. This is something you should have read. Not everything in the full version of the game is available in the beta. 

Please read the FAQ here

Hey Meg, you said that not all of the story will be available. Can you say just how much WILL be available? Like, chapter numbers, or something.

I was wondering, since I saw in the FAQs that, "The Beta will include access to some story levels and arena levels for local and online multiplayer gameplay." if we are testing local multiplayer, then will we basically be allowed to tell them about the game, since they would have already played it with us? Or would we only test the multiplayer with them, and tell them nothing else?

Please read the FAQ here

Hey Meg, you said that not all of the story will be available. Can you say just how much WILL be available? Like, chapter numbers, or something.

Sorry, I'm under NDA :P The specific content of the BBT beta is to remain confidential. This will also apply to anyone who is chosen as a Beta Tester since he or she will also be under NDA. 

I was wondering, since I saw in the FAQs that, "The Beta will include access to some story levels and arena levels for local and online multiplayer gameplay." if we are testing local multiplayer, then will we basically be allowed to tell them about the game, since they would have already played it with us? Or would we only test the multiplayer with them, and tell them nothing else?

Ace, who do you mean when you refer to "them?" 

Oh yeah how are you guys going to get this on the down low since info of the game is obviously going to be passed word of mouth?

Well, the point of the NDA is that they're not allowed to talk about it to ANY outside party.

Oh yeah how are you guys going to get this on the down low since info of the game is obviously going to be passed word of mouth?

They will hire a veteran soldier who specializes in guerilla warfare to hunt you down and/or kill you or anyone else who spreads word about BBT.

• Upvote 1

I don't have a working Xbox so I didn't/can't sign up for the Beta, so I didn't read any of the ToA, NDA, etc.

I was wondering if it broke any of the rules in what you agreed to, if one could record Beta game play  wait for the game to come out and then release the Beta game play. Or if whatever happens in Beta is "sealed" away even after the final release of the product.

They will hire a veteran soldier who specializes in guerilla warfare to hunt you down and/or kill you or anyone else who spreads word about BBT.

You forgot to mention that he's Chuck Norris. That'll scare 'em off.

I don't have a working Xbox so I didn't/can't sign up for the Beta, so I didn't read any of the ToA, NDA, etc.

I was wondering if it broke any of the rules in what you agreed to, if one could record Beta game play  wait for the game to come out and then release the Beta game play. Or if whatever happens in Beta is "sealed" away even after the final release of the product.

I can't really help you with that, but you should get yourself a (new) Xbox. Really. Do it. NOW.

Please?

As part of the Terms and Conditions that you didn't read, it says ,
"Except    as    expressly    provided    in    these    Terms    and    Conditions,    no    part    of    the    Websites    
and    no    Content    may    be    copied,    reproduced,    republished,    uploaded,    posted,    publicly    
displayed,    encoded,    translated,    transmitted    or    distributed    in    any    way    (including    
“mirroring”)    to    any    other    computer,    server,    web    site    or    other    medium    for    publication    or    
distribution    or    for    any    commercial    enterprise,    without    The    Behemoth’s    express    prior    
written    consent."

Soooo, uh, looks like recording is a no-go. 

As part of the Terms and Conditions that you didn't read, it says ,

"Except    as    expressly    provided    in    these    Terms    and    Conditions,    no    part    of    the    Websites    

and    no    Content    may    be    copied,    reproduced,    republished,    uploaded,    posted,    publicly    

displayed,    encoded,    translated,    transmitted    or    distributed    in    any    way    (including    

“mirroring”)    to    any    other    computer,    server,    web    site    or    other    medium    for    publication    or    

distribution    or    for    any    commercial    enterprise,    without    The    Behemoth’s    express    prior    

written    consent."

Soooo, uh, looks like recording is a no-go.

Well, it is, unless he asks for permission, so that's why I said I couldn't help him out on that one. To me it looks like he's asking it right now though, so it's not a simple no-go. Let us just hope for him that someone from the The Behemoth's staff notices this post for him.

When you sign our NDA, you are agreeing that you don't release any info about the beta, beta testing process, anything related to the beta, etc. during your time as beta testers AND after beta testing ends. 

So even after the game comes out, people should not be sharing info, images, video or audio of the beta gameplay nor beta process.