Sign in to follow this  
Revon

Favorite/least Favorite Video Game Character(S)

Sorry if this is a dupe, I didn't see any threads like this on the front page.

Okay, so this one is simple. Just list off one to ten of your favorite video game characters, and if you'd like, one to ten video game characters you strongly dislike. It can be for personality, abilities, or even just appearance. To keep it simple, I'd like to stick to official characters only that originally come from a video game.Anime/TV show games don't count here. Create-a-characters such as MMO characters don't make a whole lot of sense to put here and won't be familiar to others. To help people out, tell us what series they're from as well if you feel they won't be easily recognized.

--------------------

Favorites:

Sonic the Hedgehog (go ahead and rage)

Cloud Strife [Final Fantasy VII]

Snagger Wes [Pokémon Colosseum]

Falco Lombardi [star Fox]

Ryu Hayabusa [Ninja Gaiden]

Bass.EXE [Megaman Battle Network]

Roxas [Kingdom Hearts]

Ratchet [Ratchet & Clank]

King Boo [super Mario]

Meta-Knight [Kirby]

Least Favorites:

Kratos [God of War]

Big the Cat [sonic the Hedgehog]

Omochao [sonic the Hedgehog]

Vaan [Final Fantasy XII]

Slippy Toad [star Fox]

Krystal [star Fox]

Princess Peach [super mario]

Tron Bonne [Mega Man Legends]

• Upvote 1

I checked too, but I couldn't find anything either. I think you're in the clear ;)

Now, for my favorite characters, I think I'll have to go with this list:

Ratonhnhaké:ton (Damn that's hard to type): I like the game alot and when talking about characters, I think he would be the best defined one of all. 

Maxwell (Scribblenauts): Come on, he can make whatever he wants. That's just awesome.

Master Chief: Always been a fan of the Halo series, but his character development made me feel quite some compassion for the man, even though he's a killing machine.

Rayman: Childhood memories. I can still remember how thrilled I was when I finally finished off the last mission (I was 6, don't go hate now).

Mario: I never imagined being a small fat plumber could be cool.

Slenderman: If I would ever see him irl, I'd probably crap my pants. You've made a good game when someone/something can do that.

Big Daddy (Bioshock): The big mysteries surrounding them have always made me curious, but when I actually was able to play as one, I just knew how much I was going to like him.

Solid Snake: I still have to laugh when I think about the game over voice: "Snake? SNAAAAAKE!" Best ever.

Steve (Minecraft): The man without history, but with the most amazing crafting skills ever. Damn I'm jealous.

Shadow (Sonic): Damn he's awesome. Nothing else needed to say.

And my extreme dislikes go with this list:

ALL CoD characters: Come on, same story over and over. I can f*cking predict when the next guy is about to die. Worst character development ever seen.

MLP: Sorry bronies, I've got to be honest, to me, they have some of the worst character development ever, looking at it as a series where tons of adults also look to. I know, I know, they're no game characters, but they're worth an exception, in my point of view.

Yeah, I know, this list is short, but hey, at least I'm no big-time hater. ;-)

Edited by Tomster1000

Oh...oh...OH!  WHY?!  Why God whyyyyyy?!

Now, in case you didn't realize, I was referring to why hasn't this thread existed already?

Well hot baby, I'm going to have to think for this one.

Let me say this in advance, I'm only going to choose characters from games I remember clearly, and either really enjoyed or really hated playing.  I'll probably forget some, but oh well.

Favorites:

1.  Ulysses (Fallout New Vegas).  Fallout New Vegas is by far one of my all time favorite games.  I bought every DLC for it the day they came out, and Lonesome Road was by far my favorite.  Learning the story behind Ulysses and you as the Courier was just beautiful in my opinion.  Great character.

2.  Snake (Metal Gear Solid).  I say Snake because I like all of the Snake's in Metal Gear Solid.  I have a tough time deciding between Solid and Naked as my favorite because I love them both quite a bit.  MGS4 really hit it home with me for both characters.  

3.  Scott Shelby (Heavy Rain).  I don't want to say anything about him since it could possibly spoil some major plot points for the game, but anyone who's played it probably knows why I like him.  Great character design in my opinion.

4.  Sazh Katzroy (Final Fantasy XIII).  Now before you guys go all "James, why you no pick Barrett?  Barrett is equal coolest black Final Fantasy character evar.  You can't choose Sazh!".  Well, that's your opinion.  This is my list, and I actually like playing XIII more than VII anyway.  In my opinion, Sazh is just a cooler character.  Sure, Barrett has a gun for a hand, but Sazh has an afro.  With a baby freaking Chocobo living in it!  Totally awesome.  It was hard to decide if Sazh should be fourth or fifth, but I eventually decided on fourth.  Barely.

5. [Renegade] Shepard (Mass Effect Trilogy).  I felt the need to specify between renegade and paragon Shepard, since they are completely different people.  I think renegade Shepard is just a total badass, and I just loved playing Mass Effect and being a total jerk to everyone in the series and get away with it.  Especially the Council.

6.  Cyan (Final Fantasy VI).  Cyan is for sure my favorite character in Final Fantasy VI.  Not only is he an amazing character in battle, but his design is also very amazing.  An old warrior, trying his best to protect his king, only to lose him and his family to Kefka's evil plans. Just love him, and I don't know the depths of why, but he's just awesome.

7.  Tomba (Tomba!).  Ever played Tomba?  No?  Go play it.  Yes?  Then you'll understand why I love Tomba.

8.  Musashi (Brave Fencer Musashi).  These last three characters are more for nostalgia than the characters themselves, hence why they're at the bottom of the list.  I loved this game growing up, and while Musashi has almost no character design whatsoever, it's still one of my favorite PS1 games.

9.  Revan (Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic).  I love KotOR and KotOR 2.  That's all.

10.  Skate (Streets of Rage 2).  First game I ever remember playing when I was a kid.  Always played as Skate.

Honorable Mentions:  Three Dog, The Nerevarine, GLaDOS

Least Favorite Characters:

I'm not going to put these in any particular order, since I'm lazy, so I'll just put the names out there.

Kefka Palazzo (Final Fantasy VI).  He's a jerk.  He pretty much destroys the entire world just so he can become a God.  What a jerk face.

Handsome Jack (Borderlands 2).  I love to hate this guy.  He's funny, but he's also a total jerk.  Like, really, a major jerk.

Sheva Alomar (Resident Evil 5).  Only the AI version of her.  I need ammo!

Kratos (God of War).  He's Kratos.

Peach (Mario).  I just hate her.  I don't know why, I just do.

Barthandelus (Final Fantasy XIII).  Same concept as Kefka, really, except he's already pretty much a God, he just wants to destroy everything...so he can be the God of nothing, I guess.  I don't know, but that first fight with him sucks if you're not prepared.

Ben Paul (The Walking Dead).  Does nothing productive in the entire game and only puts everyone else in danger.  He's so useless and pathetic, I just want to slap him and his pointy chin.

Amy Rose (Sonic).  She stalks the crap out of Sonic.  She's just weird.

Gary Oak (Pokemon).  Whuzzat?  You're going to choose the opposite Pokemon as me no matter what?  And get in my way time and time again throughout the game?  Well, I kicked your butt as Champion, so smell YOU later, stupid face.

Carter Blake (Heavy Rain).  If you've played the game, you know.  He's just a jerk.
  • Upvote 1

Oh jeez, this is asking a lot:

1. Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, and 4) - This character's story is just amazinggg. He risks his life several times for the sake of others. Wish I could spoil the story.

2. Samus Aran (Metroid Series) - She's probably the most fearless protagonist to date. Other M doesn't count. 

3. Ezio Auditore (AC: II, Brotherhood, and Revelations) - This guy went from a hotheaded jackass to one of the most caring heroes of all time.

4. The Old Dante (Devil May Cry 1-4) - I just love how much the game makes him seem all bad (in the cool way). The new Dante sounds like a kid who knows how to curse.

5. Kratos (God of War Saga) - At first, he seems like a cold blooded killer. But as you play through the first game, you find out that he never wanted to be that.

6. Lee Everitt (The Walking Dead: A Telltale Game Series) - How could I not? He literally risks his life to protect a little girl that he's not even related to!

7. Ike (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn) - He could win against Cloud anytime. He also goes from being an arrogant teenager, to being a renown war general.

8. Skull Kid (Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask) - This list doesn't have to only be heroes. The Skull Kid is my all time favorite villain, due to the mystery surrounding his origin, and just how awkward he acts and moves.

9. Simon Belmont (Castlevania Series) - A fearless vampire hunter that's fun to make fan art with? Alright.

10. Sora (Kingdom Hearts) - I've learned so much from a guy who doesn't even exist.

~LEAST FAVORITE~

1. Cloud (Final Fantasy) - Ok we get it. You have a big sword. NOW STOP IT. STOP. STOP.

2. Anyone from Halo.

3. Except Sergeant Johnson. He's chill. 

Ulysses (Fallout New Vegas).  Fallout New Vegas is by far one of my all time favorite games.  I bought every DLC for it the day they came out, and Lonesome Road was by far my favorite.  Learning the story behind Ulysses and you as the Courier was just beautiful in my opinion.  Great character.

What a very handsome name, he must get plenty of women with a name like that. I can't possibly emphasize how much this guy is swimming in women. Would you girls date a man called that? As a girl, I would.

Nice characters:

Lash (advance wars): I have always been the biggest fan of her costume, not to mention she has some nice... backup? I'm really a fan of the personnality, anyways.
Ezel (FFTA): Not only does this dude fornicate the forces of order, he does it in style! He can put everyone to sleep in one turn! What a Nu Mou!
Sheogorath (Oblivion): so far, best writing in all of the elder scrolls franchise.
Demoman (TF2): incredibly out of place in all regards, and yet such a peculiar person with such fine taste in hats and weapons. My favorite class, easily.
Ripper Roo (Crash series): I always found it stunning how even the easiest boss in the games offered a very unique experience. Also my favorite racer in CTR.
Lucca (chrono trigger): Purple hair. Purple. HAIR. HNNNGGGH. I find her music satisfying, too. Also the genius behind Gato, the robot.
Ken Rosenberg (GTA series): Always introduces you to funny people. The guy himself is rather cool I guess. He has a parrot!
Smoker (Left 4 dead): I am extremely good at using him. He is very balanced, but provides the ranged support that the infected team will most often lack. I like his clothes.
Popple (Mario & Luigi): Perhaps the best take on the thief archetype. A good character design, and some fights I still haven't forgotten.
Hans Grosse (Wolfenstein 3D): I didn't expect to open the door to find a rigged german soldier in a mecha suit with TWO miniguns. I didn't expect him to yell, GUTEN TAG! But he did.

Characters I would do without:

Rochelle (left 4 dead 2): Lack of personnality is showing. Also not funny. Also a terrible french VA.
Open visor grey knight (Castle crashers): Oh, look, THAT character...
Von bolt (advance wars): they actually took one of the best villains to ever be featured on a handheld game, and replaced it with this old, pale, dying excuse for a vilain. His music sucks, too.
Store spook (earthbound): how about you grow at least one interesting feature before you try to be a boss?
Giovanni (pokémon): how incredibly superfluous. Of all the things they could've done with this guy, they managed to make him one of the most bland vilains I have ever fought to this day.
Jockey (left 4 dead): just in case the zombies were not underpowered enough already, they made sure to make it so you have a chance in six to end up with a useless zombie. Thanks valve.
Cain (the binding of isaac): I'm glad I will get to die with my pockets full of money and useless trash, instead of actually making it to the end.

Least Favorite Characters:

:-)
Edited by Revon
  • Upvote 1

Ben Paul (The Walking Dead).  Does nothing productive in the entire game and only puts everyone else in danger.  He's so useless and pathetic, I just want to slap him and his pointy chin.

Amy Rose (Sonic).  She stalks the crap out of Sonic.  She's just weird.

My love for you just increased by 10,000,000. And you too Revon

Walking Dead spoiler inside the spoiler:

Ben... Why the hell did I save his balloon back in the tower, I could of dropped his balloon, and then Kenny might have been alive! Or not, maybe life's just a [sweary word] and they kill Kenny anyway.

Amy's a pu$$y, stalker, creepy, pink, creepy thing.

Kratos is an balloon hole and everyone knows it, except everyone who plays PSASBR apparently. They all have orgasms when they see him.

Other least favourites:

Clank [Ratchet and Clank] He may be useful when you're trying to jump, but the parts when you actually play as him are awful.

Kaos [skylanders] This guy is the guy that's supposed to be hilarious but isn't. I hate those guys.

Bentley [The Sly Trilogy] I can't stand Bentley, I can't have him calling me before I jump onto a spike just to say "Slawy, remember to press the cyrcle button, Slawy".

Skull Mages [Disgaea] I loved them, they were my favourite class (other than the hunter of course ;-) ) but then... They had to change their looks, so now I can't just call them Rabbit Skeletons.

Characters I like:

Ratchet [Ratchet and Clank] I like him for reasons unknown to me.

Sir Daniel Fortesque [MediEvil] Not only did I like the MediEvil games but he's my favourite character in PSASBR because I know how to use him well enough to be able to beat Kratos (That's right, I's prozorgs).

Flonne [Disgaea] I'm not going to lie, I think she's cute  :-P

Jennifer [Disgaea] I'm not going to lie, I think she's hot  :arrow:

Zeke [inFAMOUS] Although he was a bit of an balloon knot in the 1st one I kind of teared up playing the evil playthrough of the 2nd one 

when you had to kill him.

That's all I can think of at the moment, I'll post some more when I think of them.

Favorites:

Ness (earthbound)

Rayman (rayman)

Fawful (I have chortles!) (m&l: SSS & BiS)

Bass (Mega Man Battle Network)

Fassad/ Yokuba (Mother 3)

Giygas/ Giegue/ Gyiyg (mother)

King Dedede (Kirby)

Mr. Dark (rayman)

Hazama (blazblue)

Dislikes:

N/A ATM...

• Upvote 1

Oh God. This is always hard for me. ;A;

Favorites:

Kirby (Kirby series...lol): He's adorable! That's...pretty much it.

Specter (Ape Escape): He's pretty cool compared to a lot of the other monkeys. lol

Vivi (Final Fantasy IX): This little guy has one of the most saddest back stories. I felt so bad for him. He's so cute. ;A;

Lucas (Mother 3): I don't know how many people got to play this game, but...wow. I felt so bad for Lucas. His life definitely wasn't easy.

Wheatley (Portal 2): He's hilarious. I guess some might find him annoying, but eh.

Lord Crump (Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door): This guy is also hilarious. CRUMP-A-BOMB

Dislikes: 

Daisy (Mario series): I just don't really care for her...

Amy (Sonic the Hedgehog): Yup. I also have to agree on this one.

...That's all I can think of for dislikes. lol

Edited by KirbyWindWaker

Why does everyone hate Kratos so much? Did you not play the first one??

I played them all on my friends PS3. Got him the platinum trophy in them all, got money. I liked the game, hated the character.

Just going to add Kenny from the Walking Dead and Rayman to my list of likes. And Globox.

Is this because of Larry?

Just so you know,

Larry will leave you to die at the end of Episode 1 no matter what, and Kenny will help you no matter what. No matter what happens, he risks his life for someone else.

I fail to see how you would still hate him :'(

Just going to add Kenny from the Walking Dead and Rayman to my list of likes. And Globox.

Just so you know,

Larry will leave you to die at the end of Episode 1 no matter what, and Kenny will help you no matter what. No matter what happens, he risks his life for someone else.

But, Kenny's on my list of likes. He's like, my favewit.

Just so you know,

But, Kenny's on my list of likes. He's like, my favewit.

Oh. I thought you said dislikes.

oops.

k bai.

next post plz

Petey Piranha has been my favorite Mario boss for a long time now. I have no idea what it is, but I just love that thing.

He kind of creeps me out haha

This one is hard for me so I'm just going to list a whole bunch of characters from random games.

Master chief: halo

Sargent Johnson : halo

Kirby: Kirby

Toad: Mario

Harper: black ops 2

Ninja: castle crashers

Neymar: fifa

Anakin: star wars battlefront 2

And last, but certainly not least, Jinkies! From halo 4 (its a random Spartan I named that had a rocket launcher).

Just saying, I probably missed a lot of characters, these are just some things that came up in my head.

Edited by noblepeanut

Favorites would be Cloud, Ramza, Sonic, Scott Pilgrim, Vegeta, mega man, and a lot of my custom game characters.

My least favorites would be Barret, Majin Vegeta, Gaffgarion, Big the cat, and Billy Hatcher, also not gonna lie sephiroth seems pretty cool.

Edited by spacetime penguin 32

since he is getting his own game now.....

Deadpool

that is all.

Also, I hate Fargoth from Morrowind.

Fargoth?  Really?  Sure he's an idiot, but you can completely ignore him and keep his useless ring for yourself.