trickster2599

What Are Your Favorite Soundtracks From Games?

I don't usually listen to stuff like this, but dang does this track fit it's game perfectly:

Has there ever been a game that makes you almost tear up every time you get to a certain point? The ending theme from Ocarina of Time does that to me, along with the scenes that play.

Castle Crashers

Mega Man Battle Network (the entire series has great music)

Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire 

Pokemon X/Y

The Battle Network series is definitely an underrated Mega Man incarnation most-likely because it is so different than other (megamen, mega mans, idk) For being 1) Very plot heavy and 2) not being a 2D Side scroller but a Semi-Open world RPG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZKhoKX2VoY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_YMW54XtjI

Edited by SaltOnToast
  • Upvote 1

The Battle Network series is definitely an underrated Mega Man incarnation most-likely because it is so different than other (megamen, mega mans, idk) For being 1) Very plot heavy and 2) not being a 2D Side scroller but a Semi-Open world RPG.

The Battle Network games were okay. They just got repetitive really quickly and the gameplay was never changed up enough in subsequent instalments to keep it interesting. I lost interest after BN4.  :-P

The .EXE robot master redesigns were pretty sweet, though. As was (most of) the soundtrack:

The Battle Network games were okay. They just got repetitive really quickly and the gameplay was never changed up enough in subsequent instalments to keep it interesting. I lost interest after BN4.  :-P

The .EXE robot master redesigns were pretty sweet, though. As was (most of) the soundtrack:

I will admit it is a little repetitive but if it ain't broke don't fix it I guess. 

Although I do think you fell of at exactly the wrong time as battle network 5 completely mixes up the gameplay in large chunks (also spoilers megaman becomes an enemy and you use Protoman) I also recommend that you Check out Battle Network 6 Gregar and Falzar (the final battle network games) as the game is defiantly changed up with beast mode and the ability to play as mega man in the real world at some points.

• Upvote 1

I've listened to a lot of video game soundtracks, and I think my all-time favorite is Anamanaguchi's soundtrack for Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game. I can't praise it enough, it's just incredible.

• Upvote 1

I've listened to a lot of video game soundtracks, and I think my all-time favorite is Anamanaguchi's soundtrack for Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game. I can't praise it enough, it's just incredible.

And it's all of it. I can't believe how good they are.

I've been listening to the Octodad: Dadliest Catch soundtrack while I study, and it's really mellow and happy.

Also, yes, Anamanaguchi is perf... even though I only played the demo of Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, but that shouldn't prevent me from appreciating the music of said game.

Alien hominid and roblox has the best soundtrack ever. Also BBT (I don't listen to it that much no more)

I'm not trying to destroy your opinion or anything, but....  you should probably check out some other video game soundtracks. I get that you might really like those, but in my opinion, they are faaaaar from the best out there. Like if you think a flash game has a better soundtrack than Super Mario Galaxy's or The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess's, that makes me think you haven't really taken the time to listen to too many other soundtracks... In this case, I definitely don't think AH's soundtrack could even compare to Super Meat Boy's or Shovel Knight's. But everyone's allowed to have their own opinions, so hey, if you've listened to tons of different soundtracks and you still love AH's the best, then more power to ya.

Personally, my favorite soundtracks are Shovel Knight (i luv me summa dat chiptune, and Virt totally kicked a$$ on this one), Pokemon LeafGreen (purely for nostalgia, although there are some truly incredible tracks in it), and overall I think the Mario Galaxy soundtracks are the best video game soundtracks I've ever heard. Just listening to this makes me wanna play Super Mario Galaxy again:

Also I have to throw Smash Bros for Wii U in because its soundtrack is so incredibly massive and there are plenty of tracks that I listen to just for fun.

• Upvote 1