Sign in to follow this  
Tayseanpwns

Ps4

Turkey. PSABR sold like crap. At least from what i heard.

it actually did pretty well, is what my sources (joystiq) say.

Turkey. PSABR sold like crap. At least from what i heard.

it actually did pretty well, is what my sources (joystiq) say.

VGChartz says it only sold around 440,000.

I was over-exaggerating with the whole inferior thing. I guess, from a consumer's point of view, it'd be smart to get an Xbox. I just enjoy the idea of the PS3 better. Plus, I barely play online, I prefer local adventures like God of War, Dishonored, Darksiders, etc. Uncharted 3's the exception due to it's surprisingly fast online play. But yeah, what determines which console is better is the player. We all have different preferences.

And True, PSASBR didn't sell bad, it just didn't sell AS GOOD as Sony wanted it to. They wanted it to sell as good as Brawl did, which is physically impossible.

So I have no plans to ever even play the PS4 ever, maybe at a friends or something (and it's not an elitist thing I just don't play video games enough anymore to justify paying 100's of dollars towards a system), so I didn't bother seeing any of the announcements. is there anything special or unique that makes this so much better than this generation of gaming?

So I have no plans to ever even play the PS4 ever, maybe at a friends or something (and it's not an elitist thing I just don't play video games enough anymore to justify paying 100's of dollars towards a system), so I didn't bother seeing any of the announcements. is there anything special or unique that makes this so much better than this generation of gaming?

It's got a 4 in it's name.

• Upvote 1

saw the graphics and had to change my pants. im now wearing pink track pants because i ruined all my other pairs of pants watching each demo. later that night i had a dream about the detailed head that looked real in one of the demonstration videos. he followed me around and showed me the future. i cant wait for the ps4. when i get it though im buying some butt rash powder and 50,000 lottery tickets so when i win i can buy all the pants i need in order to play 5 minutes.

Because people started talking about All Stars I just have to say I got it like a week ago, and it is amazing! Just as amazing as Brawl.

know right? The only thing I slightly dislike but has started to grow on me is the fact that you can't get a kill from knocking them off the stage.

I think so many people were like "oh it's a complete rip-off of Brawl" that tons of people didn't get it.

That's the first thing a fanboy would say...

ART THOU A FANBOY?!

No but seriously, i don't think the game got the message out. I go to GameStop every once in a while and everytime im there people go like "What is this game?" I have to say its a fighting game similar to super smash bros only with playstation characters. Apparently a four player fighting game with Big Daddy and Kratos isn't enough to entice people to even play the game.

saw the graphics and had to change my pants. im now wearing pink track pants because i ruined all my other pairs of pants watching each demo. later that night i had a dream about the detailed head that looked real in one of the demonstration videos. he followed me around and showed me the future. i cant wait for the ps4. when i get it though im buying some butt rash powder and 50,000 lottery tickets so when i win i can buy all the pants i need in order to play 5 minutes.

I will be doing the same when I get next Xbox!

I've never really cared about the whole console war thing. Personally I play games to play games, no matter what system it is on for that doesn't matter to me. I never had a PS3, but I would certainly find it nice to have one as there are games I would enjoy to play on it (Like the new JoJo game). Before I possible consider getting something like a PS4 though I'll probably go for the Wii U, as I know in the future there will be many games I would play on it (Monster Hunter, Pikmin, Smash Bros. etc.). That might be awhile though, as I just got a new super decked out labtop, which allows me to actually play PC games though. I support all games though, so best of luck to them. 

I support all games... except PC gaming. That can go die please.

Not to go all master race in here, but it's very nice and has a lot of awesome customization you simply can't get on a console.

I'm sorry, but what?

It shouldn't cost you an arm and a leg to play video games. PC gaming is too damn costly for something that will usually last just as long as the consoles do.

inb4abunchof"INEVERHADAPROBLEMWITHMYCOMPUTERBEFORE"

I'm sorry, but what?

It shouldn't cost you an arm and a leg to play video games. PC gaming is too damn costly for something that will usually last just as long as the consoles do.

In the long run, consoles cost WAY more.  I'm spending around seven hundred dollars on my rig.  It will play games way better than any console can right now, and I'll assume just as well, if not better, than the next generation consoles.  Assuming games are still the same prices, I win in the long run.  Think about it.  Spend three to five hundred on the next Playstation (assuming it'll be around there).  That's two hundred cheaper than my PC.  Next, let's assume you'll pay for PS Plus (because that'll probably still exist as well).  That's fifty more dollars.  Then you spend sixty dollars for games brand new.  Fifty for almost all new games on PC, but you can also get insanely cheap deals on amazing games on PC.  Then what happens when you go to the next generation of consoles?  You have to buy another console for three to five hundred on the next console, when I can buy a new graphics card that would be better than a console for three hundred or so.

I honestly know plenty of people that hate PC gaming because they claim it's so expensive, when they don't realize that you could take all of the money spent on console things and build a PC that is better than your console could ever be.

Let me remind you, that this is all talking about the gaming perspective of a PC.  Unlike consoles, a PC can be used for pretty much anything.

You are entitled to your opinion, as am I, and everyone else for that matter, but I know that I personally disagree with you entirely.  I'm sure anyone else who has ever gamed on a PC, and even some who haven't, would disagree as well.

Now I will admit that consoles such as the Xbox or Playstation appeal to the masses a lot more than a PC would.  The idea that all they have to do is spend X amount of money and buy games and just be able to play them just appeals to our newly acquired need for simplicity.  When people think PC, they think about all of the troubles that can be had with a PC.  Driver updates, error fixes, patches, and the like.  Consoles have problems too, though, and the majority of people are willing to just shell out money for a new console (for some reason).  If you take the time to learn how to use a PC, you'll wonder why you ever used a console for gaming.  Not that I'm insinuating that you aren't familiar with PCs, I'm just assuming right now.

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry, but what?

Let me remind you, that this is all talking about the gaming perspective of a PC.  Unlike consoles, a PC can be used for pretty much anything.

That statement right there is the sole reason why i can never in my entire life enjoy PC gaming.

I'm sorry, but what?

That statement right there is the sole reason why i can never in my entire life enjoy PC gaming.

I feel like we're slowly derailing this thread...

The PS4 might not be something I'll buy, but I'll be curious about how much of a improvement this console is compared to the PS3. We'll see.

There. Saved the thread. ^^

Edited by Tomster1000

I'm sorry, but what?

how so? isn't being able to do other things than just gaming a positive thing?

I'm sorry, but what?

That makes no sense. That's like saying you'd prefer a refrigerator alone, rather than a refrigerator with a freezer.

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry, but what?

You know, it's not very mod-like to derail threads, Koen. I can tell, I've had some years of modding too. ;)

Making new threads is very mod-like though, perhaps one where you can fight this all out, without derailing the thread? Or no, make a new one and at the moment you start fighting it out, lock it up. Thread will no longer get derailed, no flame war will start, win-win situation right there. :P

tl;dr: Joking, don't listen to me. xD

Edited by Tomster1000

I'm sorry, but what?

You know, it's not very mod-like to derail threads, Koen. I can tell, I've had some years of modding too. ;)

Making new threads is very mod-like though, perhaps one where you can fight this all out, without derailing the thread? Or no, make a new one and at the moment you start fighting it out, lock it up. Thread will no longer get derailed, no flame war will start, win-win situation right there. :P

ehh, this thread had gotten derailed since day one. and about the console war thread.... I'm not so sure.