Sign in to follow this  
Guest TimmiT

Zero Punctuation reviews Castle Crashers (and BC:R too)

All of his complaints about Castle Crashers do reflect my own, but I heavily disagree that all old games are no longer worth playing.

Yes, bosses get in the way, yes, it's hard to find your guy sometimes, and yes, it's hard to hit guys at times. But it's still tons of fun!

Yahtzee is hilarious, though. I take all of his reviews with a grain of salt.

I do share some of his frustrations with Castle Crashers. It can be hard to tell who you are at times, especially if you're playing as an unlockable character that's an enemy in that enemy's stage (like playing as the icekimo on the snow level). Also hitting people exactly can be kind of hard. I always have trouble in particular trying to hit Medusa. Castle Crashers is still fun though and it was worth every penny. My friend doesn't agree though and thinks it's boring. :(

I've bought Bionic Commando Rearmed too. The reason you can't jump is because then they would have to completely redo the levels and whatnot. The controls aren't that bad when you get used to them. You just have to memorize them. He thinks B should be for detaching when if you want to detach you just move the analog stick and that's it. It's not that hard. Although trying to play on Super Hard mode is hard. I can't even get past the first level. :lol:

In short I guess he doesn't have high remarks for these games because they're similar to older ones (especially bionic commando). So I guess I can see his point there. But I <3 them and recommend them.

All the usual comments and issues with the game I have never encountered. I've never lost sight of my little red dude in the swarm of brown/black/grey/neon blue enemies, and I've never missed a hit on an enemy standing "two pixels up" from me.

that was soooo funny, thanks so much for posting it, i loved it, that guy is freakin hilarious, i laughed so hard at bionic commando, cuz i was contemplating purchasing it a couple weeks ago (i got crashers instead XD)

here's some funny quotes, i just had to write em down...

'...until a big flashing pointing hand signaling that your table is ready at the next available monster party...'

'...in big boss fights when the big bosses main strategy is to try to conceal your character's location behind its mountainous flab'

'...2 pixels into the distance laughing and flicking peanuts in your face'

'...mainly golden axe and everything from the same medieval fantasy swordswinging bikini wearing subgenre...'

'a hilarious little romp enjoyed with a chum or two' (he loves it)

rearmed:

'...i guess if you go through all of the trouble of chopping your arm off and jabbing a wench on the end that you'd want to make the most of it, but i'd know a lot of experience of regrets if you'd want to try to hug your children or f1n9er your wife...' :lol: (the pictures were hilarious)

'dangling from the ceiling like a bionic pinata' (i laughed hard at that one)

i didn't think his review was really a review, just a short commentary of his opinions. we aren't gonna agree, especially since he wanted it in 3D (i love dan's artwork and wouldn't have it any other way)

it was a great video though, very funny

warhammer stole the show in the end, that's one of the coolest cinematics i've ever seen from a game. i wonder if the real gameplay will be cool, cuz i gave up on world of warcraft after a few twinked lvl 19 characters (too long to lvl), and i gave up on final fantasy xi after countless repetitious party-searching grinds, and i gave up on lotro (lord of the rings online) after too many annoying scream noises.

that's a little off-topic, but the video has like 2 minutes of CC talk out of 9 minutes+, and its funny, but i don't think he took much of a shine to it, he just criticizes for entertainment, which is nifty, and i enjoyed his speech.

Thanks again!

Zero punction should never be called a review. its just an austrailian dude that hates everything. hes not even entertaining. i dont get why people follow what he says so much

just let him disapear into obscurity he isnt worth the attention

Zero punction should never be called a review. its just an austrailian dude that hates everything. hes not even entertaining. i dont get why people follow what he says so much

just let him disapear into obscurity he isnt worth the attention

I watch it more because he's hilarious, not because I agree with his reviews. (Almost every single one of his reviews I have disagreed with heavily in some form or another)

Take it for what it is. Humor!

i dont really find it funny though. I see a guy doing the same thing every week and trying to hard to make mean "reviews" of games.

Same crap, different games. He just picks out the minor things in games that he cant do and blows them out of proportion. He isnt even funny anymore, people just watch his crappy "reviews" cause they think he is funny. His wit is the only thing he can do right, play games, not so much.

His style is quite negative as many people have mentioned. However, there are many games that he does enjoy. He's given high praise to quite a few in his reviews.

He does the same things is his reviews that a caricature artist does in his drawings of other people. He finds the flaws and blows the comedically out of proportion.

I bet if he ignored all of the faults in a game and gave rapid fire positive anecdotes instead, everyone would accuse him of overhyping and shilling those same games.

/2cents

I forget which game, but way back when he reviewed a game positively and his fans were in an uproar. He got more negative feedback from fans on that positive review then he ever did tearing games up. His negativity is part of his reviewing style, and that's fine, it works for him, he's a funny dude. bitter and jaded.. but funny.

and he did say nice things about Castle Crashers! :D (thank god he didn't lose his saved data.. can you imagine the rant?!)

:arrow:

kelly

ps. "He thinks hitler was right." again being "funny" In the credits is says in big bold letters "So and So.. definitely does not think hitler was right."

I forget which game, but way back when he reviewed a game positively and his fans were in an uproar. He got more negative feedback from fans on that positive review then he ever did tearing games up. His negativity is part of his reviewing style, and that's fine, it works for him, he's a funny dude. bitter and jaded.. but funny.

and he did say nice things about Castle Crashers! :D (thank god he didn't lose his saved data.. can you imagine the rant?!)

:arrow:

kelly

ps. "He thinks hitler was right." again being "funny" In the credits is says in big bold letters "So and So.. definitely does not think hitler was right."

That sounds about right. He might be bitter just because people like it, but I still find it very funny.

I think all of you need to grow a sense of humor. Lots of sunshine, water it twice a day.

i thought it was particularly kind to us. i got a couple laughs out of it, and it seemed light hearted. i'd even guess he enjoyed the game. maybe i'm missing the point but i'll just keep on thinking that. lol

If you've only just gotten into ZP you've missed A LOT, he's hilarious. And yes, it is his job to "pick nits like an amphetamine fueled chimp" so most of his reviews do focus on negativity, except for portal where he claimed he'd jam rusty forks in his eyes if he ever gave such a flawless review again.

Woah!

I would say he loved the game but wanted to denied it. :P

naw as mentioned above he nit picks.... the only thing he NEVER found a problem with was portal... i don't see why people get soo pissed of at him... after his brawl review he got the most stupid emails :lol:

Yeah. He's not a reviewer. He's a critic. Castle Crashers is awesome and fun, but Yahtzee's criticisms aren't without warrant. Magic is difficult to aim, it is hard to keep track of where you are, and the game really doesn't do anything new. I agree with most of his reviews and this one seems pretty dead on with the problems Castle Crashers presents. I like Yahtzee because he doesn't let hype get to him. He talks about the negative parts of a game without worrying who he offends. I particularly enjoyed his Halo 3 review. It mirrors everything I've ever said about that game. Now when people ask me why I'm not all "OMFG TEH HALOES!", I point them to that video.

Anyways: Don't hate Yahtzee. He's awesome. He doesn't let other people's reviews get in the way of his and you shouldn't let his reviews get in the way of your enjoyment of a game. I've watched his reviews, agreed with his criticisms and went back to playing the game, still enjoying it. You guys should all do the same.