The 720 and ps4 will ultimately put gaming companies such as gamestop out of business due to the fact that a disc goes only to one console and preowned games would be a bust. This causing a domino effect and ruining our gaming lives.

The 720 and ps4 will ultimately put gaming companies such as gamestop out of business due to the fact that a disc goes only to one console and preowned games would be a bust. This causing a domino effect and ruining our gaming lives.

I think Sony already said they're not doing this. And we really don't know enough about the 720 to make a judgement yet.

Right--Sony already said they're not poisoning the well.  It remains to be seen what Microsoft does.  The rumors are not pretty, but that's all they are so far.  Fortunately, what happens next gen makes no difference to what we have now.  My Xbox 360 won't vanish in a puff of smoke when the neXtbox hits the market.  Threads like this always make me scratch my head.  Why fret about the fate of all your current games?  They'll work just fine for years to come, even online, without any new hardware.  By the time XBL support gets shut down for the 360, you won't care.  You'll have moved on to newer things.