PSHYCOCHIPMUNK

Chipmunk's Question Of The Day.

Okay, I have to ask about your SAT scores or IQ or SOMETHING. I give you permission to brag, I just need numbers now or I'm gonna go insane.

Hate to burst your bubble, but both the IQ test and the SAT test are not a good measurement of people's intelligence and abilities.

I could go on and on about why the IQ test is innaccurate but I'll leave it at a test that imposes certain cultural stigma and biases towards those who take the test. Even the original creator of the IQ knew it was flawed, and although it has become much better over the years, it still leaves much to be desired.

And the SAT is a multiple choice test. So the test actually decreases the ability to use intellectual thinkning.

• Upvote 1

QUESTION #1: Can you recall a time that you've felt true euphoria?

QUESTION #2: How are you going to spend your summer?

QUESTION #3What do you feel is the talent that you can give to the world?

Oh damn. A few toughies to answer right there

1)

I know there are several times in my life I've felt super-happy about something, but none of them come to mind. I mean, I'm a pretty contented guy; there isn't much that keeps me feeling down for very long at all. That's just the way I've come to live my life. There aren't many ups or downs, so I tend to remember the few that happen

But still none come to mind

2) 

Catching up with video-games, having a few drinks with friends, and getting a bunch of work done on my two summer projects (in preparation for my final year at University, beginning September!)  

3) 

Talent? Uhhh. I'm not sure. I mean, it would be pretty neato if I managed to get a career in design. I have a pretty decent knack for product sketching, although coming up with ideas isn't easy for me. Aside from that, there's my light drawing hobby. Further aside from that, I like to think of myself as a pretty helpful person (to my friends, at least)

Okay, I have to ask about your SAT scores or IQ or SOMETHING. I give you permission to brag, I just need numbers now or I'm gonna go insane.

Hate to burst your bubble, but both the IQ test and the SAT test are not a good measurement of people's intelligence and abilities.

I could go on and on about why the IQ test is innaccurate but I'll leave it at a test that imposes certain cultural stigma and biases towards those who take the test. Even the original creator of the IQ knew it was flawed, and although it has become much better over the years, it still leaves much to be desired.

And the SAT is a multiple choice test. So the test actually decreases the ability to use intellectual thinkning.

This is a good point, as well.  Ask anyone I know, and nobody knows anyone who's as smart as I am with computers.  That's probably my forte, to be honest, since I spend so much time with them.

This is a good point, as well. Ask anyone I know, and nobody knows anyone who's as smart as I am with computers. That's probably my forte, to be honest, since I spend so much time with them.
In regards to the veracity of the IQ test, I'm aware that it's inaccurate and stuff but it's still the best method of calculating intellect. The SAT is the same way; there are easy tricks to outsmart it (not to brag, but I scored a 2000 on my first try with no preparation).

In regards to computers, Mr DYP, I'm intrigued by your interest in them. I'm obsessing over computers as well; I'm taking a college-level networking class while I'm also learning computer programming in my spare time. As a high-schooler, I'm nowhere near being a master in either category, but I was wondering if you studied computers in college (and if so, where you went) and also if you have a job related to that. I'm not sure what I want to do yet but I know it'll involve computers, and I thought it'd be helpful to hear from people who are already doing that stuff... If you don't mind :)

EDIT: This is actually pretty off-topic, I didn't mean to derail this with the IQ stuff. I think it'd be best if this conversation could be continued in a PM or something.

Edited by GoldenGhost

1. Going on a field trip to a waterpark with my band director crush. That was by far the happiest day in my life.

2. I'm attending a summer camp for an entire summer.

3. The skill of dealing with technology.

1. Doing the end-of-year dance with my crush.

2. Summer camps and also volunteer camp counselor.

3. Being able to help with technology and (not yet) drawing.

In regards to the veracity of the IQ test, I'm aware that it's inaccurate and stuff but it's still the best method of calculating intellect. The SAT is the same way; there are easy tricks to outsmart it (not to brag, but I scored a 2000 on my first try with no preparation).

In regards to computers, Mr DYP, I'm intrigued by your interest in them. I'm obsessing over computers as well; I'm taking a college-level networking class while I'm also learning computer programming in my spare time. As a high-schooler, I'm nowhere near being a master in either category, but I was wondering if you studied computers in college (and if so, where you went) and also if you have a job related to that. I'm not sure what I want to do yet but I know it'll involve computers, and I thought it'd be helpful to hear from people who are already doing that stuff... If you don't mind :)

EDIT: This is actually pretty off-topic, I didn't mean to derail this with the IQ stuff. I think it'd be best if this conversation could be continued in a PM or something.

I'm just going to reply here, since we're all waiting for a new question anyway.

And you're treating me like I'm in my twenties or so.  Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm fresh out of high school as of last year.  I'm not in college, I just work at a grocery store.  Everything I know about computers is self-taught.  I'm more interested in the hardware aspect of computers, but I do know quite a bit about the software side of computers as well.  I just built this computer a couple months back, and it's my crowning achievement, really.  First computer ever built, and it went together without a hitch.  I spent many, many hours researching the parts to make it perfect for me.  But, that aside, I just have a random jumble of knowledge of computers in my brain.  I took a game design class, so I know how to do some coding, along with me dabbling in scripting back when Oblivion was popular.  I don't know how to create things, as much as I'm good at modifying things.

You have to realize, though, that we got our first computer when I was nine.  If something went wrong with it, we couldn't afford to fix it, so I had to learn how to do everything myself, since my mom isn't exactly a computer technician.  Ever since then I've just gained a steady supply of knowledge about computers, how they work and how to fix them.  If I could, I would build computers for a living (you know, for gamers who can't do it themselves or people who don't want to spend a ton on something they only need for business stuff and whatnot).  I always tell my friend Patrick that we'd make a perfect team building computers because anything I don't know, he usually knows, and vice-versa.  

QUESTION #1: not any time i can remember, being a schizophrenic from a young age really doesn't let you do that 

QUESTION #2: going to the gym, trying to lose maybe 30 or more pounds seeing as how i'm 215lbs right now

QUESTION #3: i can write gooder than most people and pretty much everyone who has seen any of the things i have written have said that, that was my talent