Sign in to follow this  
Karkat

Could The Necromancer Take Over The Wizard's Castle?

I was thinking about this earlier when I was playing Castle Crashers on PS3.

(I'm talking about the boss on the game, not the player controlling the character.)

The Necromancer could summon any boss/enemy that has been killed. With that, he could create an army. (As you seen on the game.) So with that, the Wizard's army could be taken on.

As an undead being, the Cyclops is under his control which in my opinion is more of a threat than the Painter.

He's obviously good with magic (necromancy) so the magic barrier from the Wizard wouldn't stop much.

Same goes for physical attacks. He can take a knight with equal swordsman skill so same goes for the physical barrier.

The spider form wouldn't be much of a threat either. Then when you think about it, he'd be on par with the Wizard's skills with the Demon Sword.

So do you think that if the Necromancer wanted to, he could overpower the Wizard? 

I know this is stupid, but it's a just for fun question.

[i realized that I misspelled over in the title.] (Fixed it. -SG) (You're awesome! Thank you.)

Edited by Karkat
  • Upvote 1

The Necromancer could probably do whatever he wanted.  But what about these angles....

Who is to say that he wants the responsibility of ruling?  What if he just enjoys being assistant manager because he gets to wreck people without the burden of wondering where he'll wreck people next?   :)

What if he likes giving warriors second chances and that's all he cares about?  lol

What if his religion involves respecting the Wizard?

What if he fears the Wizard since that guy can make a limitless army of cultists who resist everything?

What if he didn't think the knights were going to be a problem and he was just waiting for the right time to take over?

What if he was friends with the Painter Boss and he didn't want to mess up his career path?

Or what if he's good friends with the Wizard?  

What if the Wizard is his dad?

What if the Wizard is his son and he just wants to give him a shot at ruling?

What if he draws directly from the Wizard's power and without him he'd be powerless?

What if the Necromancer isn't actually dead?  We only saw him leave the top of the screen!  Maybe he wanted to be defeated so he could reach his true form!  

OR, what if he was created by the Wizard out of thin air and has no free will?

• Upvote 1

The Necromancer could probably do whatever he wanted.  But what about these angles....

Who is to say that he wants the responsibility of ruling?  What if he just enjoys being assistant manager because he gets to wreck people without the burden of wondering where he'll wreck people next?   :)

What if he likes giving warriors second chances and that's all he cares about?  lol

What if he fears the Wizard since that guy can make a limitless army of cultists who resist everything?

What if he didn't think the knights were going to be a problem and he was just waiting for the right time to take over?

What if he was friends with the Painter Boss and he didn't want to mess up his career path?

What if he draws directly from the Wizard's power and without him he'd be powerless?

What if the Necromancer isn't actually dead?  We only saw him leave the top of the screen!  Maybe he wanted to be defeated so he could reach his true form!  

You really thought out the characters didn't you.  :D

You really thought out the characters didn't you.  :D

I was just about to say that.

The funny thing is that I never thought to myself "Maybe he's just a puppet to the Wizard?" 

I personally would think he'd have free will due to the area you fight him at. The bodies laid out on the ground obviously were collected piece by piece. I don't think the Wizard would follow him around the globe just for him to gather random corpses throughout the journey. Collecting dead bodies could also be a hobby and boosting his strength is just a bonus?

Maybe, maybe not. It's Castle Crasher after all.

As for the rest, those are some serious twists.

Actually come to think about it the Necromancer isn't dead, just retreated. I think if Dan and the team do decide to make a castle crashers 2 and I hope they will because of the thrill of continuing a great story. You even have your next title ready 'Castle Crashers Revenge of the Necromancer'.

If you put it that way then the Wizard isn't dead either.

He probably just had a stroke.

I never at all came to think of Necromancer and the Wizard as dead. But

The Necromancer could summon any boss/enemy that has been killed. With that, he could create an army. (As you seen on the game.) So with that, the Wizard's army could be taken on.

the Wizard can create an army too, with his spider form. The Wizard can probably make more minions for him faster then when Necromancer can find and kill and summon other beings, although Necromancer can probably summon more minions for him at a time then the Wizard, which leaves them both able to overcome each other.

Actually according to Spinoza, free will does not exist. And since it's an artificial intelligence controlled entity that exists within a video game, it's definetly settled that it can't have a will of its own.

Speaking of Necromancer reviving dead bosses, I want to see Necromancer revive the huge thieves' forest monster and then fight it. I mean the one with the laser eyes from abandoned mill and parade. It would be fun to fight that thing straight-up, as opposed to riding away from it.

Edited by WardenSharp