Sign in to follow this  
Chris

J-Stars Victory Vs.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/27/project-versus-j-has-an-official-title-allows-up-to-four-players/'>project_vs_j_thumb.jpg

Project Versus J, Namco Bandai’s crossover fighting game featuring Jump characters, has an official title now. It’s titled J-Stars Victory Vs., according to the latest issue of Jump.

Additionally, Naruto has been confirmed as part of the game’s cast of characters. Prior to this, Dragon Ball’s Goku, One Piece’s Luffy and Toriko (from Toriko) were confirmed to be in the game as well.

J-Stars Victory Vs. will be a 3D tag-team fighter and will let up to four players fight each other. The game is slated for release on the PlayStation 3 and Vita.

Looks like fun. What do you guys think? You reckon we'll be seeing a western release?
  • Upvote 1

I hope this game comes to the US, just on XBox, because I can't afford another console. As soon as I read Naruto I wanted this game, also it looks similar to Soul Calibur another one of my favorite games.

Edited by IndustrialKnight

Finally, a new game for my vita (that is totally not just collecting dust somewhere on my desk or something).

Good, I need a fighter that isn't Playstation All-Stars for my PS3.

You mean besides the OTHER fighting games that are on PS3?

I for one would enjoy throwing cards at people as Yugi.

In all seriousness though, I'm assuming they're scrapping the deck making aspect to make for a straightforward tournament fighter, not like I have issues with that.

I understand the Vita, but PS3? Here's to hoping they somehow release this for the PS4.

I've never actually played any of the other Jump Stars games. Might be worth picking one up on the cheap. I heard Gintoki and Kagura of Gintama starred as fighters in the DS version  :-)

I've never actually played any of the other Jump Stars games. Might be worth picking one up on the cheap. I heard Gintoki and Kagura of Gintama starred as fighters in the DS version  :-)

I had the one on the DS, it was good.

project_vs_j_thumb.jpg

Project Versus J, Namco Bandai’s crossover fighting game featuring Jump characters, has an official title now. It’s titled J-Stars Victory Vs., according to the latest issue of Jump.

Additionally, Naruto has been confirmed as part of the game’s cast of characters. Prior to this, Dragon Ball’s Goku, One Piece’s Luffy and Toriko (from Toriko) were confirmed to be in the game as well.

J-Stars Victory Vs. will be a 3D tag-team fighter and will let up to four players fight each other. The game is slated for release on the PlayStation 3 and Vita.

Looks like fun. What do you guys think? You reckon we'll be seeing a western release?

If it has Luffy.... I'M GONNA GET THAT GAME!

Oh yeah I totally forgot to post this here

This trailer was released the same day as One Piece 590 (The three-way crossover, with Toriko and Dragonball)

The game looks really....meh in general.

Like Jump Super Stars and Jump Ultimate Stars were really good games, that just so happened to be based on Shounen Jump.

But this game's combat looks really mediocre. There was quite a bit of depth with JSS/JUS with not only intricate combos that you did on your own, but you had the whole deck building mechanic. This particular game doesn't look particular deep. The combat looks spectacular with things blowing up, as well as there being special moves, but not nearly as spectacular as a straight Dragonball Z game (where *gasp* you could blow planets up).