Dropped Your Pocket

What Is/are The Hardest Game(S) You've Played?

One of the old NES games. There's Battletoads, Ghosts and Goblins, Double Dragon, and a few others. There's also that one NES game that is physically impossible to beat (it's either a Freddy or Jason game I can't remember).

Now that I think about it, the NES has most of the hardest and easiest games I've ever played.

I can't believe I forgot to mention Battletoads, out of all games.

Once again, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Spelunky.

Got this game when it came out on Xbox this last year and played it so hard.  I still haven't beaten it, but I've gotten pretty close.  Unlocking the shortcut to the pyramid area is near impossible and took me many hours to do so.  Carry a key from the very start of the game with you all the way to the fourth area in the game?  That crap takes skill.  The game is so hard because of the sheer amount of things out to kill you, and one wrong step can destroy a good twenty minutes or more of progress.

You see the problem with me mentioning it is that my Xbox crashed before the game even came out. 

It really really needs a virtual re-release. I miss it so much I'm almost willing to buy a new NES just to play it.

You see the problem with me mentioning it is that my Xbox crashed before the game even came out. 

It was out on the computer before, though.

I was gonna make a joke about Nintendogs, but then I remembered I got negative feedback for my dark humor in a previous thread.

Instead I'll be serious and add Gish, that one's pretty tough.

And you know whats more difficult than I remember? Sonic CD. Its not totally hard, just harder than I remember, especially when going for the good ending

Getting the good ending is hard and getting the destroy all robot generators in the past achievement (X360) is even harder!

I was gonna make a joke about Nintendogs, but then I remembered I got negative feedback for my dark humor in a previous thread.

Instead I'll be serious and add Gish, that one's pretty tough.

So dark... So very, very dark...

I'm going to say with confidence after about ten hours of play, that The Binding of Isaac is extremely hard.  I finally beat the game once, and now the game is even longer and more difficult than before.  It's so addicting, though, and everyone needs to play this game if your computer can handle it (which most should).

T Diamond, on 01 Apr 2013 - 01:11, said:snapback.png

One of the old NES games. There's Battletoads,

Ghosts and Goblins, Double Dragon, and a few others. There's also that

one NES game that is physically impossible to beat (it's either a Freddy

or Jason game I can't remember).

Now that I think about it, the NES has most of the hardest and easiest games I've ever played.

Battletoads (NES) was a nightmare in multiplayer. Even by using cheating device (Game Genie), I did not beat it in coop because, guess what? The US Version is glitched in level 11 if you play in multiplayer!

Edited by MamaLuigi64

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest is pretty mean near the end. By pretty mean, I mean unfair.

I'm going to say with confidence after about ten hours of play, that The Binding of Isaac is extremely hard.  I finally beat the game once, and now the game is even longer and more difficult than before.  It's so addicting, though, and everyone needs to play this game if your computer can handle it (which most should).

It all depends on your loadout and how well you can dodge shots. If you can get good items then it can become much easier. But yeah I can firmly agree that the game can be unforgiving. I barely finished a Blue Baby run since all he lives on is soul hearts scarce as they are.

Anyways, hardest game I've played? Probably has to be any fighting game I've ever played. Sometimes I just haven't got the patience to learn and master combos so many of the higher leveled players end up steamrolling through me.

Edited by NovaStar117

I should probably play The Binding Of Isaac sounds fun!

But I would have to say that The Adventures of Cookies and Cream was one of the hardest games I ever played I mean that game could tear apart the best friendships in the world!

It all depends on your loadout and how well you can dodge shots. If you can get good items then it can become much easier. But yeah I can firmly agree that the game can be unforgiving. I barely finished a Blue Baby run since all he lives on is soul hearts scarce as they are.

Anyways, hardest game I've played? Probably has to be any fighting game I've ever played. Sometimes I just haven't got the patience to learn and master combos so many of the higher leveled players end up steamrolling through me.

I just managed to unlock Samson.  It made the game a lot more difficult having to pass up two treasure rooms.  I managed to get past Mom again, but died in the first Womb area, since I had never been tehre before.  My favorite character is by far Maggie, since she has so much health.

Hey !

I cannot say the most difficult games I've ever done but I can say some difficult on Xbox 360:

- Trials Evolution is quite difficult at first, next you get skill and the story began quite easy, but there's a wonderful level editor who allow you to test community map. And the community create 5 difficulty more than the 5 normal one: Ninja Level 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. Some Ninja Level 5 are extremely hard, for the best player only.

- N+ is one of the hardest Arcade Games

- Ninety-Nine Nights II is an exclusive video games quite hard and original.

- Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom. In fact, it can be really easy if you know the game and play with friends, but when you're a beginner and play alone: it's REALLY hard.

- Hards Corps Uprising is a japan arcade games and it's impossible to finish it lol'z !!!

- Call of Duty 2 was great and quite hard. Nothing to see with new Call of...

- Maybe Left 4 Dead 2 on maximum difficulty.

- And it's not really a Xbox game but Halo 2 (PC) is the best FPS ever for me and quite hard too on Legendary

Concerning Dark Souls, I find this game awesome but not as hard as it. I think it's just the game which as such original that it can be seem to be hard to take controm of it.

Sorry for my bad English.

I just managed to unlock Samson.  It made the game a lot more difficult having to pass up two treasure rooms.  I managed to get past Mom again, but died in the first Womb area, since I had never been tehre before.  My favorite character is by far Maggie, since she has so much health.

I think I got farthest as Isaac, I does he even have any pro's? I always liked to feel like he's faster. I don't know, though

But I would have to say that The Adventures of Cookies and Cream was one of the hardest games I ever played I mean that game could tear apart the best friendships in the world!

I thought I was the only one in the world who knew about that game! Which is strange since it's co-op and all!

That game is so good. I need to get my hands on it one of these days.

I thought I was the only one in the world who knew about that game! Which is strange since it's co-op and all!

I was so obsessed with that game when I was younger even if I didn't have anyone to play with I played by myself with 2 controllers while its very pathetic and extremely hard it was still amazing!

I think I got farthest as Isaac, I does he even have any pro's? I always liked to feel like he's faster. I don't know, though

He has pretty basic stats, and he starts with a bomb.

I was so obsessed with that game when I was younger even if I didn't have anyone to play with I played by myself with 2 controllers while its very pathetic and extremely hard it was still amazing!

Uh... You do realize you can play 2-player with a single controller, right?

Yah but that takes away all the fun and difficulty! Its much more entertaining to have to scramble between two controllers!

Yah but that takes away all the fun and difficulty! Its much more entertaining to have to scramble between two controllers!

Wait, I played that game!

I thought I was the only one who had played it! It's been so long and I had forgotten it's name, but I'm so happy that I know another who knows how good it is.

Me and my old friend would wake  up and play it first thing, good memories.

- N+ is one of the hardest Arcade Games

Aw heck yeah. That one's definitely a controller-thrower.

Ya ^^

And it's an awesome game too !

One the best-feeling platformers I've played.