Facial La Fleur

--Fixed-- Unable To Earn Jail Breaker

Official Response from The Behemoth: 

We have confirmed that the Jail Breaker achievement not unlocking is an issue that will require a fix from The Behemoth, and apologize for any difficulties or frustrations this may have caused anyone. We are currently looking into possible fixes and a timeline. 

Thanks everyone for your patience on this issue! 

---- 

There are reports of several players around various gaming communities that it seems nobody is able to unlock the achievement for freeing 50 prisoners at this point. Is this something you are aware of and/or have a fix for?

Edited by Lindsay_Behemoth
Added official response to top entry

Well first of all I noticed you said 50 and theres WAY more prisoners than that to unlock, Jail Breaker is for unlocking every character I'm pretty sure

That is Freedom Hero.

Well first of all I noticed you said 50 and theres WAY more prisoners than that to unlock, Jail Breaker is for unlocking every character I'm pretty sure

That is Freedom Hero.

Oh ok, got them mixed up.

I've had a couple problems with achievements so far and I want to know if anyone else had similar problems.  I haven't unlocked Jail Breaker, which is to free 50 Prisoners but I have Social Butterfly which is to unlock every prisoner in a head shape and there are 64 heads per shape so I should have had Jail Breaker before that.  Also I could not unlock Melee Master for the longest time, but as I played the game, every weapon I unlocked I would use it so that by the time I get every weapon and get Armed and Dangerous I can get Weapon Master right away.  The grenade was the last weapon for me and when I got my kill with it I unlocked Melee Master, not Weapon Master so I have no idea whats going on there.  I can't seem to unlock Weapon Master now even though I've used every weapon so many times now.  I'm just hoping it'll unlock eventually but I'm worried about Jailer.  Should I not get anymore prisoners or save 50 or so prisoners in case it is a glitched achievement that they have to fix in an update but then the achievement won't unlock retroactively so I have to make a new save because I have no one to unlock?

P.S. This game is so fantastic.

i encoutered the same problem, got the one for haven unlocked every of one shape and a couple more heads but not the one for 50 ;)

I've had a couple problems with achievements so far and I want to know if anyone else had similar problems.  I haven't unlocked Jail Breaker, which is to free 50 Prisoners but I have Social Butterfly which is to unlock every prisoner in a head shape and there are 64 heads per shape so I should have had Jail Breaker before that.  Also I could not unlock Melee Master for the longest time, but as I played the game, every weapon I unlocked I would use it so that by the time I get every weapon and get Armed and Dangerous I can get Weapon Master right away.  The grenade was the last weapon for me and when I got my kill with it I unlocked Melee Master, not Weapon Master so I have no idea whats going on there.  I can't seem to unlock Weapon Master now even though I've used every weapon so many times now.  I'm just hoping it'll unlock eventually but I'm worried about Jailer.  Should I not get anymore prisoners or save 50 or so prisoners in case it is a glitched achievement that they have to fix in an update but then the achievement won't unlock retroactively so I have to make a new save because I have no one to unlock?

I see from your Memberz tag you were in the Beta -- did your save data carry over from the Beta to the Full Version, perchance? 

Please let us know so we can start to troubleshoot your issue.

If so, this workaround information may be helpful to you in the meantime:

We've received a couple reports that a small percentage of Beta users are experiencing this issue. We're researching it back at The Behemoth, but in the meantime, it should have a minimal impact on your experience (and you get to keep all your heads! Hurray!). 

If you want to re-experience the Story or are having difficulties earning Cast Member, use one of the following workarounds:

1) If you did not try any of the below Story Mode combinations during Beta, load into a game using the missing configuration to re-experience the Story from the beginning and earn your achievement: 

Normal - 1 Player (with a single controller)

Insane - 1 Player (with a single controller)

Normal - 2 Players (with two controllers/players, or online)

Insane - 2 Players (with two controllers/players, or online)

2) Try searching for a Story Mode playthrough online (Live Game > Find Player Match > Story). If the person hosting has not played through the beginning part of the game yet, you will re-experience the opening sequence and earn the Cast Member achievement. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding! Please feel free to PM me if you have any other questions, or need help. 

I see from your Memberz tag you were in the Beta -- did your save data carry over from the Beta to the Full Version, perchance? 

We've received a couple reports that a small percentage of Beta users are experiencing this issue. We're researching it back at The Behemoth, but in the meantime, it should have a minimal impact on your experience (and you get to keep all your heads! Hurray!). 

If you want to re-experience the Story or are having difficulties earning Cast Member, use one of the following workarounds:

1) If you did not try any of the below Story Mode combinations during Beta, load into a game using the missing configuration to re-experience the Story from the beginning and earn your achievement: 

2) Try searching for a Story Mode playthrough online (Live Game > Find Player Match > Story). If the person hosting has not played through the beginning part of the game yet, you will re-experience the opening sequence and earn the Cast Member achievement. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding! Please feel free to PM me if you have any other questions, or need help. 

I deleted my BattleBlock Theater data before the official release.

You may have deleted every visible bit of data, but your progress data may have been present when you bought the game. 

When you bought the game and loaded up for the first time, did you have any of your heads leftover from the Beta?

You may have deleted every visible bit of data, but your progress data may have been present when you bought the game. 

When you bought the game and loaded up for the first time, did you have any of your heads leftover from the Beta?

I had the standard head shapes, castle crashers head and then one extra head for each shape.  That's normal right?

I had the standard head shapes, castle crashers head and then one extra head for each shape.  That's normal right?

Yep, sounds like your Beta progress didn't carry over (which is good!). 

We're looking into the other issues you mention. Thanks in advance for your patience, hope you are enjoying the rest of the game in the meantime!

Yep, sounds like your Beta progress didn't carry over (which is good!). 

We're looking into the other issues you mention. Thanks in advance for your patience, hope you are enjoying the rest of the game in the meantime!

Thank you, and I am enjoying the game very much.

FYI, Shoving someone is a melee attack, and the drop kick.

For me, the only "broken" achievement is Jail Breaker.

Yea I knew about those, I went through every different move that was shown in the moves list in the settings and even B while directly in front of an enemy which is a punch which I don't think was in the moves list.  The only one I thought might be a problem was the up x since if you do it on an enemy nothing happens, at least for me but when you do it to another player it actually flings them up.

Hello all, this is something we're looking into. Thanks for your patience, and we hope you enjoy the rest of the game in the meantime!

Hello.

I'm having issues with some achievements. I should have unlocked them, but I haven't. I've used every weapon hitting, killing, exploding, whatever the weapons do and still have yet to unlock that achievement. Also, I have 69 prisoners unlocked in my stats, but I haven't gotten the Free 50 prisoners achievement.

If anyone has any information that might be helpful, that would be great. Thanks!

Yeah, I got the weapon thingie but my friend can't get it and I've unlocked all of the circle heads and half of the cylinders so I know I have unlocked more than 50 prisoners but it won't give me the achievement. What up wit dat?