Sign in to follow this  
LightningZombie

Who Can Make The Most Dificult Level?

Now, I enjoy difficult games. I think that games like Super Meat Boy, La Mulana, or Spelunky are some of the best platformers ever. And they are difficult. But with this game, I feel that it's purpose is not to be outrageously difficult. Super Meat Boy's controls were designed specifically for it's difficult level design. Battleblock Theater's controls are much slower,clunkier, and harder to use. This is not a bad thing, howev Ier, as it suits the game. But it ends up feeling more "cheap" than difficult when you purposefully try to make a difficult level. Don't put near impossible jumps in your level just to be "tough," because that isn't "tough," that's     

"enough!" (...sorry)

What I'm trying to say is that Battleblock Theater was designed for more of a relaxing flow. The only way this game would be ULTRA HARDCORE MASOCHISTIC is if you were dying every 10 seconds, which in a game like Super Meat Boy is okay because of that game's design. This game is more about the ADVENTURE :D

Try telling that to Chapter 8 Encore 3.

Too bad it isn't that hard if you figure out the shortcut.

If you want to make the hardest level ever, you yourself have to be skilled because you're the one testing the level to make sure it's possible by at least 1% of the playerbase. All 'difficult' levels I've played have just been laser and enemy spam but nothing unique other than a copy of Chapter 8 from the campaign.

Now, I enjoy difficult games. I think that games like Super Meat Boy, La Mulana, or Spelunky are some of the best platformers ever. And they are difficult. But with this game, I feel that it's purpose is not to be outrageously difficult. Super Meat Boy's controls were designed specifically for it's difficult level design. Battleblock Theater's controls are much slower,clunkier, and harder to use. This is not a bad thing, howev Ier, as it suits the game. But it ends up feeling more "cheap" than difficult when you purposefully try to make a difficult level. Don't put near impossible jumps in your level just to be "tough," because that isn't "tough," that's     

"enough!" (...sorry)

What I'm trying to say is that Battleblock Theater was designed for more of a relaxing flow. The only way this game would be ULTRA HARDCORE MASOCHISTIC is if you were dying every 10 seconds, which in a game like Super Meat Boy is okay because of that game's design. This game is more about the ADVENTURE :D

Try telling that to Chapter 8 Encore 3.

Too bad it isn't that hard if you figure out the shortcut.

I just nerf gunned up the wall on the right. What other shortcut is there?

I can actually make super challenging levels, And not those ones that are poorly designed and are literally impossible.