Sign in to follow this  
Hateside

Some Useful Tricks/tips!

Some useful tricks I found, hopefully this helps someone out!

(Sorry, If I post in the wrong area, I'm new to the forums)

Frog - You can use them to jump across the colored water(Goo)(Throwing them, then jumping off their heads)

Dart Gun - You can almost fully scale a whole wall using this!

Forceball - Using this in a corner and jumping, You can get a HUGE boost up to a Gem, Yarn, Ledge 

You can add me if you guys want to play GT: Hateside

The boomerang thing is nice, but it kinda wastes time, I find the acid bubble jumping to be the best, especially when your co-op partner is slow to getting to a ledge so instead of waiting you can bubble up and then help him up! :P

The dart gun is really good too! You can use it to kinda ladder/climb up a wall. I used it on the final part of the chapter 8 finale. I've never tried out the acid bubble though, thanks for the advice

A trick I've found is that if you hold RT and keep pressing A while on a ladder, you climb much faster and it can help in some sticky situations

-Boomerang can collect gems/yarn for you.

-Darts can prevent rocks from falling (very very helpful in SpecialFur2).

-Frozen targets (characters stuck in an ice block) are not affected by the dodgeball/boomerang/dart knock-out (it bounce off the ice block).

-Try sending a frog bomb toward another incoming frog bomb. Something unexpected will happen :-D  (hint: -->A<--)

• Upvote 1

More tips:

-paper planes can act as walls and block moving saws. they'll turn around when they hit the plane, allowing you to keep them still or away from you

-paper planes can be used as platforms (break in water though). you can place one over lava blocks and get across without bouncing off (often toward spikes right above those).

Some good tips/tricks for arena is that most of the projectiles can be interacted with! Someone throwing grenades at you? Slide tackle, spike, kick, or uppercut them back! I personally love spiking poison bubbles back into the user's face ^_^

Try to hit, kick, upshove, uppercut, spike and slide tackle EVERYTHING. 

• Upvote 1

More tips:

-paper planes can act as walls and block moving saws. they'll turn around when they hit the plane, allowing you to keep them still or away from you

-paper planes can be used as platforms (break in water though). you can place one over lava blocks and get across without bouncing off (often toward spikes right above those).

-Boomerang can collect gems/yarn for you.

-Darts can prevent rocks from falling (very very helpful in SpecialFur2).

-Frozen targets (characters stuck in an ice block) are not affected by the dodgeball/boomerang/dart knock-out (it bounce off the ice block).

-Try sending a frog bomb toward another incoming frog bomb. Something unexpected will happen :-D  (hint: -->A<--)

Yours were the most helpful in my opinion. ;) the paper plane and rock dart thing are helpful.

Also there's a few different maps where you must drop down and step on a button to release a saw that chases you. If you use the dart gun and shoot the saw. The saw will turn around and go backwards away from you. After the saw crosses the first set of buttons it will get trapped back where it first started but allowing you to continue throughout the map without rushing because of the saw chasing you.

My tip is that know what game mode the weapons have the best uses on.

-Ball Game: Boomerang is the best, grenades, fan, and ice cannon (if used properly) are solid too. I like to have one stun weapon and one kill weapon for a balanced ball game team, but it also depends on the map. you want to have more kill weapons if you cant score from the side of the net.

-Hill: Fan is the best on most maps since most hills are surrounded by ice blocks,which fans make people slide away and earn you more precious time quicker. It can also be used immediately after you knock down an opponent. Grenades are solid too for clearing the hill, Fireball and acid bubble are decent. Toads can be used to stall and zone, but it depends on the map how well you can do so.

-Muckle: Grenades, fireball, toad bombs and acid bubble are solid, switch depending on the map.

Personally, I love grenades however it is easy to blow up a teammate with them too. Use when enemies like to cluster together and you have distance between you and everyone else.

Same goes with toad bombs, use from a distance. Primarily for zoning and disrupting when you spam from the edge of the map - annoying but effective.

Acid bubble is great for 1v1's, because you can get a stun on them, stand close to them, and acid bubble and get the kill as the stand up again (or still laying down). Also can be used to zone and can be spiked.

Fireballs are stiff to aim, can burn teammates, but the flame ignites other people upon touch.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are on fire, you can touch the water and relieve yourself of the burn without dying and giving the team a point. I see many people not take advantage of this/ don't know about this.

-Capture the Horse: Grenades, Fire Ball, and weapons that have kill potential. stun weapons are typically less effective because killing grants you more time, more time means greater opportunity to capitalize scores on.

My personal favorite is the grenade, because it can be used offensively and defensively. Also it's projectile spiking ability and it's large radius of splash damage are great. Say a teammate is fighting an enemy, you spike a grenade and blow them up, they get +10, but you get +20 so it's overall still effective. Be sure to learn the distance of when to use it close range without blowing yourself up.

Edited by chhipz

These tricks are very tricky and you need timing/precision!

I dont know if its a trick but you can stand next to the pixels of a spike block without dying (I know it's precision work and most of the time it lucky to land there).

Also when you stand on the ground and a laser beam fires at you,  you can jump above it, wait and fall a littlebit before you hit the laser then jump again and then press the "x" button to smash in the air. Most of the times you are long enough in the air to survive the laser beam (this is also tricky, but possible).

Last one, if you shoot a dart with your dartgun you stand on the dart and without jumping shoot an other dart to the wall, now you can jump, and you will jump through the dart above you. You can repeat this all the way up, very handy when you want to use your dartgun to climb up through a small passage. When normally your dart will block the passage so you cant jump on the dart.

• Upvote 1

I'm just now learning about some of these tricks with the weapon/tools and loving it. I really enjoy how each item has little secret things they're useful for. 

Does anyone else find it extremely satisfying to blow grenades back at the cats with the fan?

I was playing a match of Ball Game and these 2 guys were really good at it and my team was getting owned because everyone left me once they saw i was losing but i didn't leave because, it wouldn't be fair to them.

Anyway they used some really cool (annoying) tricks. Once one guy got the ball, his teamate started using his fan and pushing me back. Then when i had the ball and tried to dunk it the guy switched from his fan to a vacuum to suck up the ball and take it for himself.

Pretty useful tips if you ask me!

I found the bouncing ball and the fan to be a great team I use the ball to help but jumping on top to get closer to the ball spawn and also to make people drop the ball and use the fan to launch the ball farther or to help push opponents off their net hope this helps