Attention passangers of the good ship Friend ship! The new acrobatic performace "Whooosh" is now showing at the BattleBlock Theater. Laugh and cry as our local prisoners err, performers push the distence of their jumping skills to new limits for your amusement. Highlights of the performance include long jumps, high jumps, surprise celebrity guest apearences from the cast of Caturday Night Live and mental challanges. Tickets on sale now, check the box office for show times.

Difficulty: Medium to hard depending on your acrobatic skills.

Comment: I wanted to make a playlist that really tested players timing, platforming and jumping skills without being impossible

GT: KMKHunter

(Sorry about typo in the title of the playlist in the subject line)

KMKHunter.jpg

post-16521-0-34361500-1365390508_thumb.jpg

Edited by KMKHunter
  • Upvote 1

It wasn't very good. Sorry, man. :? There was lot that I personally didn't like about it, but that may just be me. :| It's great to see an attempt, though. Try next time to make all the levels a little less open and slightly differing. Having set paths doesn't hurt. Besides the negatives, I thought the idea for the encore "Rain" was creative and would be cool to see used again. And then maybe a more deadly variant or a inverted version (grenades or acid bubbles)

EDIT: Should we post what we rated it?? Or for future reference, should these topics be polls with ratings??

Edited by DavidB

I appreciate your honest feedback. I don't need a rating here unless you want to add it. I was worried about the openness on some of the levels myself actually but never know until you try.

Im currently working on a new playlist that has more enclosed spaces with more obstacles. Defiantly going to add a rain 2 with increased difficulty.

• Upvote 1

Great to hear! "Don't give up. I know I did." :P Some of the ideas seemed pretty good, but the execution on most just didn't work. Don't be afraid to keep taking those risk, though. I know it will reward you in the long run.

Howdy KMKHunter, one of the level designers from The Behemoth here... I had a chance to play through your stuff and I just wanted to say that I dug a lot of what you're doing. I like how focused the levels are (monkeybar skills, lava bounce control, etc), and that they didn't rely on cheap "gotcha" moments to challenge players. Its easy to over do it and just throw a bunch of stuff everywhere, but you kept it simple and clean. Say my favorites are quest and hop (like seeing stuff that's new even to me!).

Editor is easy to use but difficult to master, so keep it up :)

• Upvote 1