Sign in to follow this  
ToxinKing

Insane Mode Complete! :d

Finally finished insane mode, overall there were only about two levels that had me really stuck :[ Especially level 8-4 which I personally think was the most difficult. Well at least now I have the crispy gold trophy on my back. :D

Good job! I just finished Furbottom's Feature on Insane and I must say I'm disappointed by that I didnt get anything special :/

Congrats!

Is 8-4 the one with the puzzle where you have the two buttons and you use the flying cube-shaped animal to transfer it over to the left to activate the light bridge? If so, I feel your pain. That took me so many tries and redoing the puzzle each time was a KILLER.

Fortunately, the rest were easier.

I've only got 8-9 and the Finale to do now. ^^

You can skip the 8-4 rock timing challenge by simply carrying the rock back to the fans/spikes. You won't be affected by the fans trying to send you on the spikes while carrying the rock, just hold it and throw it on the button once you made it through.

Use a dart to get the rock above the 2-square wall to reach the fans.

Also, you can place a paper plane to block the 3 saws going back and forth on lava blocks. Trapping 2 out of 3 saws really help getting through that part. ;-)

Do you consider the Insane mode to be harder than... let's say... Insane mode of Ms. Splosion Man or Super Meat Boy?

I don't have Battleblock Theater yet, but I would like to know how hard it is.

Woo! Me Too! 8-4 was REALLY TOUGH! Does anyone know how to post pictures on the fourms so I can show that one guy up there what the gold trophy looks like?

@Luigi: The levels are shorter (+- 2 minutes to complete a level once you figured out how to go past the traps) but they are very tricky. Like if you didn't jump exactly at the right moment you'll fall into a trap and have to restart the whole thing again.

@Bonar: I'll make the Golden Trophy my profile picture in a few minutes so that everyone can see what it looks like.

*EDIT: Here you go, you can now see what the golden trophy looks like*

@Ender: Haven't finished every Encore levels yet. Chapter 1-6 all have A or higher and chapter 7-8 have B or higher. I have an A++ for level 8-4 however.

Edited by tapititon

I completed Insane mode two days ago with A++ across every chapter and every encore. I have to say that 8-8 was rather time consuming as I had to figure out the proper timing when to dodge the incoming missiles.

Phew, finished insane mode too! I'll fully admit that I just zoomed through most of it and skipped encores because I just wanted the shiny gold trophy :P 8-4 absolutely destroyed me to the point that I had to walk away and come back to it later. The part where you have to move the yellow block to give the saw blades room zapped me so many times because I was getting caught slightly under the blocks when I tried to jump. 8-4 is also the first one where I used a weapon to help me through (Sorry Aaron!).

My letter grades are pretty much of a mix of As and Bs towards the end. Someday MAYBE I'll try to get Insane A++s. For now I'm going to relax by getting A++s in normal mode. Maybe I'll try some insane co-op at some point too since Dan's been saying that it's been fun.

@choo: Everything except Encores.

@kickin: Wait... what moving yellow block? I had to use my paper plane to block off the saws, haven't noticed the block you are talking about.

@kickin: Wait... what moving yellow block? I had to use my paper plane to block off the saws, haven't noticed the block you are talking about.

The part where there's a laser to the left and three gum blocks above them, then there's a yellow block next to two saw blades. You move the block so that there's room for the saw blades so that you can pass under them. Are you talking about that part or the part with saw blades on the lava?

Oh, I thought you were talking about the saw blade on lava part. A moving block in that lava-saw area would have been pretty helpful, I was afraid that I missed it and complicated my life for no reason :-o

I have A++'d everything on insane with the exception of part II of world 8's finale... I know there is a secret gem beneath (and to the left) of the first rock-fan contraption.

Does anybody know where the other secret gem is in the level?

I have finished solo insane now im on chapter 6 co-op insane.... its not to bad, you still can solo some levels if your partner keeps dying.

Good job! I just finished Furbottom's Feature on Insane and I must say I'm disappointed by that I didnt get anything special :/

you get gems :]

Edited by Cpt Deluxable