Sign in to follow this  
scottie

Challenge Mode - 'rise And Fall'

GT: scottie1230

My first attempt at making anything in the editor - Any feedback is welcome  :D

3 level playlist. the first two levels are easy, the third (which is more of a bonus track) is a little bit more tricky. All three levels are quite short.

My best times:

The Rise: 22:63

The Fall: 21:47

Edited by scottie

Really great set of challenge maps, but it really left me wanting more. :?  The bonus level got both myself and a friend intrigued and then hooked on challenge mode. So great work. Just update your post and notify your fellow community when there is more of these great levels.

Really great set of challenge maps, but it really left me wanting more. :?  The bonus level got both myself and a friend intrigued and then hooked on challenge mode. So great work. Just update your post and notify your fellow community when there is more of these great levels.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback! :D

I've just spent the past hour or so making little improvements (mainly play-testing) to the levels 'Rise' and 'Fall'. I will be uploading the playlist shortly. The bonus level is being replaced by something of the same difficulty as the other levels :)

Edit: Playlist uploaded

Name: Rise Again

The 3 levels in this playlist are definitely my best for competitive solo challenge play.

Level 1: 2Rise - Added directional/warning signs to make the level easy to navigate.

- Added decorations to make the level look more complete.

- Removed bouncy blocks from the 1st and 2nd gem areas, to make efficient use of the jetpack

essential in getting the quickest time.

- Added a cloud to the top right of the map, this stops you from getting killed by the laser when

jet-packing up.

Level 2: 2Fall  - Added directional/warning signs to make the level easy to navigate.

- removed the teleports (to improve playability) and changed the aesthetics at the 2nd gem area.

- Changed the positions of the two lasers just after the second checkpoint, you can now see the

both of them without dropping down. Also added a mini-timesaver.

- Slight change to the treadmill section, to improve playability.

- Change to the bottom laser section (just a design choice).

- Added checkpoint before the last gem.

- Added 2 lasers on the flight to the last gem. 

Level 3: 2Divide - Well, I made this for an adventure playlist I'm working on, but there was no way to stuff 7 gems 

and a cake into it! :lol:

Edited by scottie

Like the differences. Only complaint is the cloud you added at the top right corner or rise to prevent the laser is unnecessary. Gives much more purpose to the bar considering the jetpack makes that part too easy. Also, bring back the bonus! The Divide is equally as cool and fits in perfectly with the other maps, but the bonus level was unique, different enough while still blending in, and TONS OF FUN!

I checked out the original playlist yesterday and thought it was great, I'll be sure check out the updated playlist! Great job, keep up these fun levels!