Sign in to follow this  
pikachief

Possibility Of Level Editor Smart Phone App?

Came in to say I love this idea and if anyone decides to talk to Behemoth & gets the ok do make this. You have my money already.

If I created the app for this, I don't think Behemoth would approve of someone taking money from their idea? And who in their right mind would do that either way, it should be developed for free to contribute to the community! :)

Came in to say I love this idea and if anyone decides to talk to Behemoth & gets the ok do make this. You have my money already.

If I created the app for this, I don't think Behemoth would approve of someone taking money from their idea? And who in their right mind would do that either way, it should be developed for free to contribute to the community! :)

You could always ask for permission to make it! Or even ask permission to make a sort of prototype and send it in to see if they approve, then they can chose wether or not to take over or let you finish.

great idea, I kind of agree with dan on the whole testing as you go along thing but it would be nice to at least make a general layout of your design using the app and then you could tweak and balance it when your actually using the in-game editor 

For the testing part, maybe you could somehow link you phone to your xbox account and send the layout to it, then test it from there, and if needed, send it back to the phone for further changes.

For the testing part, maybe you could somehow link you phone to your xbox account and send the layout to it, then test it from there, and if needed, send it back to the phone for further changes.

I believe this is kinda what DarkenedNight was talking about. With smartglass, there may be a possibility of linking the game with the app so that we could transfer data. Hopefully The Behemoth is looking into smart glass possibilities (or more into this idea at all ;) ) with this, because that would be cool too!

Edited by pikachief

The concept of SmartGlass is a scary giant. There is a whole world of work that goes into creating something that can function uniformly through the use of two devices. While SmartGlass has the potential to bring tablet/phone and Xbox interaction together, it would be safe to say that a studio the size of the Behemoth would have a whole world of work on their plate (particularly for programmers) to put something like this together. All in all, I just don't think that the SmartGlass application has been streamlined/refined enough for easy implementation for developers. The few apps that do present SmartGlass functionality are on titles with large studios developing game (Forza Horizon, Sesame Street TV), and even those don't entirely harness the power that SmartGlass has to offer.