Come one come all, calling all skilled and adventureous entertainers.

BattleBlock Theater has been kind enough to host auditions for a new show called "Mindbender". Not only will you need to fly through the air with the greatest of ease, but during your performace you must also use your brain. If you can think on your feet come on down today and show us what your made of.

GT: KMKHunter

Playlist: Mindbender & MindbenderCoOp1

Mode: Adventure Solo and Co-Op

Challenges: Jump timing as well as brain teasers

Comments: Welcomed and feedback appreciated

4/16: First round of The Behemoth picks for Solo Adventure!!!

4/21: Co-op version "Mindbender Plus" uploaded. Shortly after due to a few design flaws, fixed and uploaded as "MindbenderPlus1"

4/27: MindbenderPlus1 MIA from the Community Theater

4/29: MindbenderPlus1 back online

4/30: Made The Behemoth favorites list for Co-op!!!

5/16: MindbenderPlus1 featured as the second Playlist in The Pickening on Twitch.tv LiveStream Design with the Devs.

5/20: MindbenderPlus2 slight modifications for polish and playability and reuploaded. Shortly after had to fix an oversight and re-uploaded as Mindbender CoOp

5/31 MindbenderCoOp1 uploaded. Level 5 "Cargo" fixed and plays correctly now. Minor breakability points adjusted to further stabilize playability based on extended research in the wild.

5/31 Selected as Furbottom's Feature Co-Op Playlist [31-May-13] It's Friday... Gotta Get Down On Friday!

KMKHunter.jpg

post-16521-0-21159700-1366086949_thumb.jpg

post-16521-0-83738700-1366181443_thumb.jpg

post-16521-0-24044700-1371020163_thumb.jpg

Edited by KMKHunter

I played this just now, and liked it a lot! You used stuff in cool new ways that surprised me, and there weren't any levels that were particularly tedious or boring. One thing I did notice though is that the fifth level (Cargo) could be "broken" easily, just by moving a couple of rocks to block the portal at the beginning. Other than that it was excellent, I'd definitely recommend it to people! Keep up the great work!

A vast improvement from your last playlist. Something about them juts made it hard for me to want to A+ them, though. A few I even had to fight through to finish. Some neat concepts here (like the conveyor belt of constant rocks and the switch block s blending in) still.

Now announcing, for all those that prefer to audition with a partner. The new varient "Mindbender Plus". The directer will make adjustments to the script for those that would prefer to co-operate.

Wouldnt you know it... Not even 30 minutes after posting co-Op version I get an xbox live message about a few design flaws... Good thing I saved. A back up. "Mindbenderplus1" incoming.

Edited by KMKHunter

I want to thank everyone for the great comments so far.

To GG: I dont like to think of it as broken, its more of a feature. I play this with my son and he wasn't quite ready for so much ;-)

DB: Thanks for noticing the extra effort.

CC: Thank you

BPB: I hope it was wonderful and slightly horrible ;-). Hopefully the playlist Im working on next has more replayability for you.

In other news: I modified a co-op variant to interesting results. The fixed version of MindbenderPlus1 was doing well in ratings untill it mysteriously dissapeared for a few days. Aparently there was reports of inappropriate or offensive content. Thankfully thats all sorted out and the Playlist is restored and ready to challange the Community Theater again. See everyone soon when my next playlist is ready!

"TL;DR --

...AND DON'T REPORT TROLL, KIDDOES."

Lolol

http://forums.thebehemoth.com/index.php?/topic/14933-levels-disappear-from-community/#entry288091

Edited by KMKHunter

I just played Mindbender (Solo). Though I have to say, I found the first level a bit tedious. Beyond that the playlist was completely amazing! I unfortunately could not find the secret level, so I'd love if you could message me a hint to its whereabouts. Overall, great playlist!

I just played Mindbender (Solo). Though I have to say, I found the first level a bit tedious. Beyond that the playlist was completely amazing! I unfortunately could not find the secret level, so I'd love if you could message me a hint to its whereabouts. Overall, great playlist!

Secret Level location:

Jump past the exit on the first level Lucy in the Sky to find the secret block. Btw secret level is titled Minimum Time for a reason ;-)

Edited by KMKHunter

Just played it, it was fun! I think just one or two levels were too easy (cave raider and... uhm, the first boss level).

I liked the black and white one so much, both visually and in the level design.

Gave you four stars ^^

Updated modified Co-op Adventure. MindbenderPlus2. While watching design with the devs LiveStream I was inspired to make adjustments to the playlist. Tested new adjustments and everything looked good. My wife asked me to add a few more signs to the playlist right before I uploaded and I completely forgot that signs interfere with certain elements. Oh well. Oversight mended. MindebenderPlus3 doesn't make sense so I'm switching to Mindbender CoOp MindbenderCoOp1.

Hopefully minus the conniption inducing design elements and no more need to "massage" the level this time :-P.

Thank you Ryan and Kyle for playing my playlist live and thank you everyone else that was involved!

Edited by KMKHunter

CoOp:

Playlist: MindBenderCoOp1

Creator: KMKHunter

mindbender2.jpg

Mindbender is exactly as it sounds-- a total mind blitz.. Think This playlist is full of clever portal blocking puzzles, trigger block sequencing, and laser baths.

If you’re thinking to yourself right now, “I recognize that playlist name,” then kudos to you good sir or madam!

If you don’t, you should head over and watch the

Twitch.tv stream! Ryan, Aaron, and I (we’re the level designers here if you haven’t caught that) break down 3 playlists from the community, one of them being KMKHunter’s first iteration of Mindbender. It’s great, I promise!

mindbender3.jpg

Kiss My Kit-kats (as KMKHunter has now been dubbed) took our advice into consideration and applied our critiques to their levels. They have climbed the highest of mountains, crossed the widest of rivers, and braved the harshest of winters to make it to this point.

Now, what do perseverance, dedication, and a healthy diet get you? Featured, that’s what!

Class dismissed; don’t forget your homework.

FeaturePost_LavaLamp.jpg

This week’s prisoner unlock is the infamous Lava Lamp! Last seen in your parent’s bedroom circa 1978!

MindbenderCoOp1 selected as Furbottom's Features Co-Op on 5/31!!!

[31-May-13] It's Friday... Gotta Get Down On Friday!

Enjoy the Lava Lamp head!

Edited by KMKHunter