Sign in to follow this  
BiPolarBear

Hackers Or Dedication?

So a minute ago I was playing with some random people on muckle when we all decided to go to the gift shop. One person on the other team bought prisoner after prisoner until there were none left and the screen was full of prisoners eager to escape, pushing and shoving through the exits. Afterward he went to the trading station and gave his friend a ton of gems, so of course he went and freed prisoner upon prisoner. After getting jelly of their prisoner-freeing abilities and left.

So what I want to know is: Was he just very dedicated to BattleBlock Theater, or was he a hacking parasite sucking the lifeblood from the Battleblock Theater community?

How much were they paying for their prisoners? The more gems they cost, the more prisoners that person had already unlocked.

Sounds like something a hacker would do.  A typical hacker's mentality is that people will be "impressed" if they see what said hacker has done.  If he was just a dedicated player, he most likely wouldn't have waited for an online game to unlock everyone.

The same thing kinda happened to me too last weekend. I was in the gift shop with Dan and some other guy, and he was giving us both 100 gems for 5 gems, and did it like 4 times. We both took the offers but I don't see how anyone could get that many gems.

I haven't noticed any hacks and I've been playing online for a while, but it would be interesting if you could post his GT, tho I don't know if that's allowed on this forum.

The same thing kinda happened to me too last weekend. I was in the gift shop with Dan and some other guy, and he was giving us both 100 gems for 5 gems, and did it like 4 times. We both took the offers but I don't see how anyone could get that many gems.

Yes, it did seem fishy.  Though, this guy was #10 on the leaderboards and was a good 1000+ gems beyond what the limit is to free all the prisoners.  He can't spend them on anything else, so he was just handing us his extra gems since he no longer needs them. 

I've unlocked the final prisoner of the whole set this morning, so I'll be doing the same thing as I keep collecting more gems.

There's at least a good 40 players or so who have lots of extra gems and continue to get more now... so please be careful when reporting supposed hackers!  For instance, Imoutonyan has about 7,000 gems they no longer need - you might've noticed someone using the gems they may have received from Imoutonyan.

• Upvote 1

I did some grinding to get all the head shapes. I used a secondary XBL account, Played the campaign without spending a gem and then logged my main account in and traded all the gems I earned on the secondary account to my main ; ). So far there isn't a mod tool out for this game...yet lol. Just for now its hard work and dedication

Ok, I'm glad it's probably not a hacker. The only thing strange was that he had enough gems for all the prisoners without having previously unlocked any. If he wasn't a hacker then he has a lot of patience. 

Edit: I am overjoyed Dan commented on this post! Thank you!

Edited by BiPolarBear

There are now 2 mod tools available. both do the same thing and hack the amount of gems and yarn you have. just wanted to warn people that cheaters are afoot

I am someone who actually did this. I was saving my games up until I was into the 2500 range, and spent them all on prisoners, I then gave the rest of my gems to my girlfriend and she spent them on prisoners (I gave her like 1,200 total). My gem cost was lower (at least I think) because I had traded 15 gems for a large sum of heads, so I saved a fortune.

We were in the Capture the Horse playlist, any chance it was one of you? Who knows, maybe it was actually Dan.

Edited by DarkenedNight

That was me. :P

are you saying your a hacker?

Well, um... I guess I owe you an apology. Sorry for accusing you dude. You are a truly dedicated gamer :)

I have seen and talked to a certain hacker of BBT. It does not change his rank on the leader boards it just gives him gems to give to people. I saw him join a lobby and at first I just thought he wasn't paying attention. He was giving away hundreds of gems for nothing. Then I joined his party and appearently he just wants to spread the wealth. As much as hacking is always wrong this guy had no benefit from it. (Besides the fact that he could get a free achievement for unlocking all the heads.) He gives what he "gets" and that's semi-alright in my book.

Well, im no hacker but I know a great way to get rich, have all of your accounts signed in and do arena if you win every time then trade all of the other players gems to who needs to be rich you can get 1000 gems every 63 matches, even if you dont get the MVP

Well, im no hacker but I know a great way to get rich, have all of your accounts signed in and do arena if you win every time then trade all of the other players gems to who needs to be rich you can get 1000 gems every 63 matches, even if you dont get the MVP

That would be mighty boring though, just play for fun and earn them. Best method IMO.

Edited by Hydra Knight

Well, if people really are cheating the system they're really just doing themselves a disservice whether they're aware of it or not.  The sense of progression will be lost along with any accomplishment they might've had.   Absolutely nothing to look forward to.

Saw this kind of thing with Castle Crashers.  Some people thought hacking would be great and wished they hadn't afterwards.

Choose wisely!  There's no guaranteed tech support for going back from a hack :)

• Upvote 1

Well, if people really are cheating the system they're really just doing themselves a disservice whether they're aware of it or not.  The sense of progression will be lost along with any accomplishment they might've had.   Absolutely nothing to look forward to.

Saw this kind of thing with Castle Crashers.  Some people thought hacking would be great and wished they hadn't afterwards.

Choose wisely!  There's no guaranteed tech support for going back from a hack :)

:roll:

:-P

• Upvote 2

One of my friends did the gem hack, after about 5 minutes he regretted it and tried to undo the hack but then he got banned from XBL for hacking. 

I have all heads and do that with tons of strangers too. Also, thanks HydraKnight for giving me like 500 gems. Now I have freedom Hero and tons of surplus gems :-D

• Upvote 1