Anyone have any cool ideas for multiplayer weapons/game modes?

I know this is stupid, but I'd like a game mode where one team has to defend their "fort" while the other team attacks, or something like King of the Hill in which the team that has control of the fort gains points. I don't like to play the multiplayer modes as much, but I think it would be fun to create the maps in the level creator. Sometimes I like to just build forts and try to survive the onslaught of cats.

For weapons I'd like to see some stationary weapons like the cannon things, but you can aim them. Also something like the energy ball, but without the upward lift, would be cool. I know these ideas will never come to be, but I'd like to hear some ideas from the community. Who knows, somebody's idea may be noticed!

• Upvote 1

Hmm.. some ideas for new blocks were in my head for a while now.

I would like some new blocks like...

Invisible Block- At bare sight its an empty block space and appears once touched.

Running Block- Moves in the oposite direction until it something stops it. Moves slightly faster than the normal player speed.

Scary Block- Frightens cats nearby.

Forcefield- Deflects all harmful projectiles such as lazers, grenades, cannons.

Frog Block- Pulls players infront of it with tongue and eats them.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to see more lethal blocks. Spikes and water is fun, but I think if there were acid blocks that melt you, or ice blocks that freeze you, death would be a whole lot more fun!

I second the zombie game mode idea, i love survival type stuff! 

Instead of fighting zombies there could be a wave of them beneath you while you race to the top of the map before getting eaten by them.

Edited by Cheez

ZOMBIES!? This an plaltformer it just doesnt go together well. i can't ever imagine how the mode will work out..

and personally I think there should be an mode thats more original, too many zombie games :|

ZOMBIES!? This an plaltformer it just doesnt go together well. i can't ever imagine how the mode will work out..

and personally I think there should be an mode thats more original, too many zombie games :|

It doesn't have to be zombies, it can be that format of an idea but with cats chasing you!

• Upvote 1

I would like to see a time challenge variant where each player could place up to 2 additionnal cats (unarmed or armed, not the gem ones) anywhere in the level before the game start (you get 4 cats if you are the only person in your team, 2 cats if you have a teammate).

Both teams have to make it through the map that both teams "customised".

• Upvote 2

I'd like to see more lethal blocks. Spikes and water is fun, but I think if there were acid blocks that melt you, or ice blocks that freeze you, death would be a whole lot more fun!

I agree.

P.S. Every time I look at your avatar I think it's a horse, then I look again and it's a hamster.

• Upvote 1

I agree.

P.S. Every time I look at your avatar I think it's a horse, then I look again and it's a hamster.

Actually its a wee widdle bunneh

I agree.

Actually its a wee widdle bunneh

Oh, lol.

I'd like a weapon tool like boxing gloves or something that just makes your normal punch, uppercut and air-hook attacks more effective. Instead of just knocking the enemies back, it kinda sends them flying. It wouldn't be too powerful though, maybe an extended recovery time from each hit would be better. 

I want the gun from Alien Hominid. It would be just like the force ball, except it goes straight. Could make it difficult to unlock such as having to purchase all weapons and then buying it for like 200 yarn, I really don't know.

• Upvote 1

I want the gun from Alien Hominid. It would be just like the force ball, except it goes straight. Could make it difficult to unlock such as having to purchase all weapons and then buying it for like 200 yarn, I really don't know.

I would love a forceball-like weapon that goes straight. Only problem would be if it ended up overpowered in arena modes. I think it would have to have just about the range of the fireball before automatically detonating. 

Cat survival in BattleBlock Theater? I think YES! In my opinion, the cats need more of a role than enemies every so often in the game.

Edited by oneBreakbeat

I don't really need to see more of what we already have in the game. Most of the weapons are already kind of redundant so adding more would just be a waste.

What interests me is where Behemoth will take the game next. It seems to me that they have brought out this great "lite" version of LBP with a Behemoth makeover. Are they going to take the game to the next level (much like LBP2 did) or is what we have now all we are going to get? I think the Behemoth have built a great game but at it's core all it can offer is a platformer set inside a box.

Maybe over time there will be some DLC offering new levels and tools to change the way the game is played. The sky is the limit (and Behemoth have a good track record of supporting their games well after release).

Death stock?

Each team member has a certain amount of lives. Why not?

This could be applied to other modes when making arena maps as well, changing how you play certain game types.

Edited by Ten Bears

Death stock?

Each team member has a certain amount of lives. Why not?

This could be applied to other modes when making arena maps as well, changing how you play certain game types.

That's a good one, like SSB,

A survival esque game type would go down well in my head, start in the middle back to back with your partner (zombie) cats come in slowly from either side, picture just using that hook to knock them down into the water below,

Or how about where the level falls apart behind you as you're running through? They are just blocks after all...

To be honest I think I would just like to see them add anything. I want them to keep adding more to this game so I can keep playing it and have fun doing it. That's why I'm glad they have a level editor so people make levels and levels will keep coming out.

DEFINITELY a time leaderboard for each level!

I mean, this game is so much appropriate for speedrunning! It's really frustrating to train hard in challenge mode on a level and only be able to see your time at the end of the level.

Id like to be able to see people's best times on my own maps, and to be able to try to get a world record on theirs!

This with a replay (as it exists in trials evolution for ex.) so you'll be able to check the best player's path (and also in case of doubt if his time is legit).

You all know that the best mode ever would be a mode where you have to chase down Hatty and take his hat.

Did I mention that he has some cat guards, shoots a laser every other minute, and will be trying to kill you at the same time???  :cry:  :-D

Weapon wise, I would suggest a tranquilizer gun that shoots darts that slow down the victim to the speed of walking on bubblegum blocks for five seconds. The darts couldn't be dodged; could be blown away by a fan; and if sucked up by a vacuum, the vacuum would have a hole in it for 10 seconds and if someone tried to suck up, say an acid bubble, with the vacuum, it would go straight through the hole and hit them.  8-)

Edited by A C Cret

You all know that the best mode ever would be a mode where you have to chase down Hatty and take his hat.

Did I mention that he has some cat guards, shoots a laser every other minute, and will be trying to kill you at the same time???  :cry:  :-D

Weapon wise, I would suggest a tranquilizer gun that shoots darts that slow down the victim to the speed of walking on bubblegum blocks for five seconds. The darts couldn't be dodged; could be blown away by a fan; and if sucked up by a vacuum, the vacuum would have a hole in it for 10 seconds and if someone tried to suck up, say an acid bubble, with the vacuum, it would go straight through the hole and hit them.  8-)

Maybe they can add a game mode were you have to hold a hat for the longest time possible and if you die or get hurt you drop it and other players get it and if it falls in the water it just respawns in the map

I don't really know if this is already in the game but it's an idea..