Sign in to follow this  
Nek™

Rage Quitting Hosts

I'm pretty tired of these kinds of players and it happens way too often with people who are losing. Yeah losing sucks, we all know the feeling. But there's no need to be a sore loser and quit out thereby making all players not get any gems. It's just simply poor sportsmanship.

Shouldn't hosts have some kind of penalty for doing this in the middle of a game?

Huh, I haven't really encountered this too often. Sure, there's been times where the host quits, but I haven't really noticed a 'rage quit' theme going on.  I guess best way to avoid this is to host your own games...  

EDIT: I think Derpface is right, host migration could help solve this problem.

Edited by Nonaims
  • Upvote 1

Agreed

Solution for the moment is to be the host.  Nobody will end your spree then!

sure, great idea, let me host n then wait 25 minutes for 3 players to join my challenge mode... o wait, 1 person joined after 15, yay! o man, he left after 5... but someone else joined! let me invite that other guy back... o guess hes ignoring me... oh while i was sendin invites that other dude left... ok screw it quick match... wow my team is losin 7-0, ok yes looks like we win this rou- oops, host quit :(

not bein a dick, just hopin u guys can come up with a solution for this problem... unfair to disable ability of host to quit if he legit has to leave, but unfair to everyone else when a host rage quits :(

actually, im sure u guys thought of this wen makin this game... guess theres no real solution to the problem? or maybe it would cause too many connection problems to migrate host?

Edited by Denizen of Dark

Um..

I said I agree and I offered the current workaround.  What else can I possibly do?  I don't do code and there's no instant solution other than the one I offered.  I've sent a request their way.

Quite frankly I think it's a solid solution for the moment.  If you don't like the host quitting, then simply host.  This is 100% effective in terms of stamping out the problem, every single time.

I generally have to wait 3 minutes maximum when hosting for a full squad.  Not sure what time of day you're playing having to wait 25 minutes (slows down late at night), but that should definitely go into technical issues if it's the case.  

I think Challenge Mode is the hardest mode to get running with strangers.  Absolute blast with friends locally, but doesn't seem to resonate with the online crowd as much.

What about kicking in-game? I think the lobby-ing might be the most frustrating feature in the game. Tired of hosting a game, and then instantly 2 or 3 players run to the gift shop, and if you try and leave it becomes a battle of stubbornness. I wouldn't know how, but there just has to be a better solution to these things. Besides that, the only change I would implement is, if possible, multiplayer map making.

Um..

Look, I agree, and I offered the current workaround.  What else can I possibly do?  I don't do code and there's no instant solution other than the one I offered.  

Quite frankly, I think it's a solid solution.  If you don't like the host quitting, then simply host.  

I generally have to wait 3 minutes maximum when hosting for a full squad.  Not sure what time of day you're playing having to wait 25 minutes (slows down late at night), but that should definitely go into technical issues if it's the case.  When players leave the game in progress they are generally replaced within 1 or 2 rounds by another quickmatcher.

I second this. The longest I have ever had to wait for a full lobby is probably 5 minutes max.

Agreed

Solution for the moment is to be the host.  Nobody will end your spree then!

True, as of now that's the only way for many of us to enjoy a game without worrying about a host quitting. But that doesn't completely solve the problem and some people, despite taking your advice, might even rage quit as well.

I highly doubt there will be a way to completely get rid of host quitting, but if there's an incentive for completing the rounds all the way, or a punishment for ending them, then it'll really lower the amount of quitters overall.

Only reason I quit is when I play a full round or 2 of something like color the world and I'm by myself against 2 others. I'll try a round or two, but if I cant get a team mate then I just leave. Color the world isn't much fun when its 2 on 1 :/

• Upvote 1

Um..

Look, I agree, and I offered the current workaround.  What else can I possibly do?  I don't do code and there's no instant solution other than the one I offered.  

Quite frankly, I think it's a solid solution.  If you don't like the host quitting, then simply host.  

I generally have to wait 3 minutes maximum when hosting for a full squad.  Not sure what time of day you're playing having to wait 25 minutes (slows down late at night), but that should definitely go into technical issues if it's the case.  When players leave the game in progress they are generally replaced within 1 or 2 rounds by another quickmatcher.

I second this. The longest I have ever had to wait for a full lobby is probably 5 minutes max.

Wow, what's going on in Aus then? I've only ever found one match & i've tried at all different hours :I  (And yes, my NAT is OPEN)

Um..

I said I agree and I offered the current workaround. What else can I possibly do? I don't do code and there's no instant solution other than the one I offered. I've sent a request their way.

Quite frankly I think it's a solid solution for the moment. If you don't like the host quitting, then simply host. This is 100% effective in terms of stamping out the problem, every single time.

I generally have to wait 3 minutes maximum when hosting for a full squad. Not sure what time of day you're playing having to wait 25 minutes (slows down late at night), but that should definitely go into technical issues if it's the case.

I think Challenge Mode is the hardest mode to get running with strangers. Absolute blast with friends locally, but doesn't seem to resonate with the online crowd as much.

please dont take offense to my dickish post, it was meant as funny sarcasm. Im a fan and respect ur work a lot, so i wouldnt wanna offend. While i do feel its an imperfect solution i kno that theres nothin u can do and im not puttin it on u or anyone else on tha team, i figured u guys had ur reasons. Im just a sarcastic guy n was makin a sarcastic comment, no offense intended

Well I almost only play challenge mode, in the evening (European) it takes maybe a minute for full team.

Bad thing is, if someone quits, nobody else is gonna take the spot, so you have to host again.

Is there a way to fix that? Joining in session in challenge seems not possible.

I guess another way around this is meeting some people in the Gift Shop Forum. Start a Thread, get a group of players that are down to play the mode you're interested in, put on a head set, and start playing with people you know won't quit.  Not only are you practically guaranteed to have players who stay the whole match, but you'll also meet people on these Forums (plus you already have an ice breaker and something in common, the love of Behemoth games  ;-) ).

Hosting doesn't matter, I play ball game more than anything else. I am roughly W150- L100 on ranked ball game with well over 100 quitters to date and that has been mostly in games when I am host. Sounds more like people need to gain some sportmanship.

• Upvote 1

Host Migration would be awesome I've lost around 50-70 Gems that I could have gotten if the game wasn't ended.

Agreed! Host Migration would be useful I think! everyone I've played with or against are total n00bs.(makes me rage quit sometimes lol)  Seems to me like a lot of people who I've played don't have a brain at all..pay attention! its not hard to solve simple puzzles