Guest_Kyle

[19-Apr-13] Announcing The First Furbottom Friday!

Greetings theater goers!

The Behemoth would like to introduce the first batch of playlists for Furbottom Fridays! This week, we picked 3 unique playlists straight from the community. So go ahead and pat yourselves on the back, and then pat your friend’s backs too, because you all deserve it! We will be updating every Friday this month, so be sure to check back to see what the next Furbottom's Features will be!

Here are your new Furbottom’s Features playlists:

Solo Furbottom’s Features:

Playlist: Buckle Ur Pants
Creator: Xx Tawnia xX

This playlist had a bevy of neat level sequences embedded in some fun level art. You’ll be exploding the roofs of houses and even get to see what the inside of Hatty’s head looks like. What better way of starting off your Furbottom Friday by buckling your pants! 

Solo.jpg

When you complete this playlist, you will receive Donuts!

FeaturePost_Donuts.jpg

CoOp Furbottom’s Features:

Playlist: Flem and Friend
Creator: guyinco6nito

This playlist is a great adaptation of its solo counterpart (which we recommend playing as well) and incorporates some unique cooperative game play. Prepare to have your minds warped as you duck, dodge, dip, dive, and dodge your way through this campaign. 

CoOp.jpg

When you complete this playlist, you will receive Winston!

FeaturePost_Winston.jpg

Date Featured (Story): 19-APR-13

Feature Arena:

This playlist has been gently returned to the bosom of the regular community theater, to make way for a new Featured Arena playlist.

Playlist: CommunityBngBng
Creator: Shiunicornt

This playlist is a creative blend of arena levels that has something for everyone. You like King? Good! You love Ball? Even better! These levels show a good sense of balance and fairness while demonstrating a solid understanding of basic arena design. 

Arena.jpg

When you complete this playlist, you will receive a great big smile! :D

Read more about the two new special heads on The Behemoth Dev Blog:

Date Featured (Arena): 19-APR-13 to 26-APR-13
Date Featured (Adventure): 19-APR-13 to 03-MAY-13

Awesome. Congrats to the playlist creators on getting featured! The Kitty Town picture looks amazing. Now its time to have fun and get that cute dog face.

Damnit, I still got work to do

Looks like tonight is gonna' be a late one if I want to grab these heads tonight!  :geek:

The preview for Kitty Town is very sweet and the Donut head looks great! Looking forward to giving this one a go later this evening. Hopefully I'll find a good partner and complete the co-op course too!

Edited by qbicfeet

Got Donut, now it is time to farm Gems on The 2-1 level "Head Hat"...an easy 9 gems in 45 seconds. :D

Oh wait...I guess you can't farm them..:(  lol

Edited by DukeofIbanez

Donut got. Hidden spikes seem to be the order of the day.

Did anyone else notice the cats were carrying Strawberries and not Gems? I noticed three and while I think two did change to Gems when dropped the third definitely did not and did not count towards my Gem total.

• Upvote 1

Finished Finally! Good playlist, but there is a difference between skill and trial and error. For instance on the Final Finale it had the blocks turning on and off which is a challenge because it requires pacing and timing, but then something randomized, like lasers, were added which took away all sense of timing and I ended up having to just jump across the whole obstacle.

I voted the Solo one 1 star because they over-used spike blocks, but haven't played co-op yet.

I voted the Solo one 1 star because they over-used spike blocks, but haven't played co-op yet.

Yeah, the spikes hidden randomly behind grass and trees made me ragequit at one point :(

Yeah, the spikes hidden randomly behind grass and trees made me ragequit at one point :(

i wasnt that keen on it either but I gave it a 3 star rating. The levels were generally well thought out but I agree the hidden spikes etc were annoying.

Donut got. Hidden spikes seem to be the order of the day.

Did anyone else notice the cats were carrying Strawberries and not Gems? I noticed three and while I think two did change to Gems when dropped the third definitely did not and did not count towards my Gem total.

Yeah a few of the Cats were carrying Strawberries as opposed to gems. Not sure if they counted toward my total gem count or not; I wasn't counting haha

Pretty sure they added to the level total, though

i wasnt that keen on it either but I gave it a 3 star rating. The levels were generally well thought out but I agree the hidden spikes etc were annoying.

Yeah, we can't ask for perfection this early. I liked the playlist, I just wish there weren't so many trail-and-error parts.

• Upvote 1

Is Mushroom Kingdom possible to A++ on? The secret level blocks you from reaching the exit.

I was wondering this as well.  Was well on my way to getting A++ on all the solo levels and could not figure out how to bypass the secret level block.  I'm sure there is a way, but I couldn't figure it out.  Was thinking you could use a boomerang to get the gem and then just finish on the secret level, but I'm not sure if that would give you the A++ or not.

As for the solo playlist, I thought it was extremely well done and really enjoyed it (even with all the hidden spikes).  As someone who is currently working on a playlist, I have to respect how well done each and every level was.  Though I would have liked for the encore levels to be a bit more challenging.

I'll be trying out the Co-op playlist later, hope it's just as good as the solo one was!