Guest_Kyle

[19-Apr-13] Announcing The First Furbottom Friday!

Got the donut, loving it :D  though I can't get Winston apparently, I just completed the coop playlist two times with a friend (both as client and host) and no unlock for me. I'll try again, I'm sure it was just a momentary glitch (I got no problem unlocking the previous special prisoner).

The playlists are very good - I liked coop better but solo is well designed too in my opinion, even with those hidden spikes of doom all over the place! I actually put clouds with lasers as thunder in a new level just a few hours before seeing this and well, guess I wasn't the first :P

Edited by boolf

I voted the Solo one 1 star because they over-used spike blocks, but haven't played co-op yet.

Ugh, tell me about it. How many spikes need to be hidden behind bushes :c

EDIT: Got donut, would anyone want to play the co-op levels with me? Gamertag is MexicanHOB0

Edited by MexicanHOB0

I liked the solo one but i thought the co-op one was the worst one, also in some places in the co-op one i would have to restart the level to finish it but you can't do that in co-op  :?

There is a glitch that if you complete co-op only the host gets the head and the other player seems locked out from getting it.

What if I play local, with my brother? He has a separate account.

There is a glitch that if you complete co-op only the host gets the head and the other player seems locked out from getting it.

I ran into this problem as well.  I hosted the game and got the head but my friend did not.

I just played through the Co-op Furbottoms playlist and I am actually pretty impressed. I don't want to put anyone down (after putting time and effort into their playlist) but after playing the solo list last night I was very disappointed. The co-op playlist was well designed, the puzzles were intelligent and there is a fair challenge in there. Levels all had a different look and feel to them. Great work, hopefully we'll see more of this in the coming weeks/months.

I did notice there is a spot in the Finale 2 level where you can get stuck though. When your co-op partner is standing on the switch allowing you to collect the Gem with the missile firing thingy there is also a checkpoint (which I hit) and then my son died seeing us both inside the walled in area with no way of getting to the switch. 

What if I play local, with my brother? He has a separate account.

I did it in local co-op and we both got the head.

Good to know, I can't get Winston (all levels have the green mark everytime I play as host or as client on xbla) so I'll probably have to bribe my brother to come over and do this thing on local (and then give Wilson to me mwahahah).

Also, I guess you could in fact get trapped there, you'll probably be better off putting a stone block on the switch, just to be safe. ;)

Edited by boolf

Yea I like the co-op not trying to offend the creator of the first one but man that playlist was highly annoying with all the spikes. 

I did not like the single player playlist either. The spikes were a major annoyance and while "block art" is pretty to look at it does not always play well.

The co-op map was better.

I must suck because I can't finish the level Lots of Space on single player. I get down in the area with the cat and can't seem to progress. Any help on this?

Is it the first cat (the one with the vacuum cleaner)? If so

kill the cat, that will make some blocks appear that you can use to put the stone on the gray switch.

Hope this helps :)

Edited by boolf

Is it the first cat (the one with the vacuum cleaner)? If so

kill the cat, that will make some blocks appear that you can use to put the stone on the gray switch.

Hope this helps :)

Oh yea I did that, but once put the block on the switch I was stuck. I couldn't get past the part with the water. I will have to look at it again later.

I must say Im quite disappointed about the solo one. That adventure bring nothing new in terms of gameplay and it has little interest.

Moreover, the creator should rename his map "Troll Land": this level is absolutly full of stupid traps that have the only purpose to make you restart and troll you. There is some good idea like houses, hatty, and mario but I don't take any pleasure in doing it. This level don't deserve it's Furbottom selection.

Anyway, thanks Behemoth for the donut ! He's awesome !

I finished all the solo levels and didn't get the donut :(

What did I do wrong? I finished the encore ones also.

Edited by chupon

That donut guy reminds me of a certain song off of Splosion Man. I can't remember what it was called, but it plays when you pick up the huge scientist, and for those of you who play Ms. Splosion Man, it plays at the pause menu. Does anyone know the name of the song?

I must say Im quite disappointed about the solo one. That adventure bring nothing new in terms of gameplay and it has little interest.

Moreover, the creator should rename his map "Troll Land": this level is absolutly full of stupid traps that have the only purpose to make you restart and troll you. There is some good idea like houses, hatty, and mario but I don't take any pleasure in doing it. This level don't deserve it's Furbottom selection.

Anyway, thanks Behemoth for the donut ! He's awesome !

I don't understand why this playlist is getting so much hate.  The only thing that annoyed me was the secret level blocking that was in the way of the exit.  Other than that, the playlist was full of creative obstacles and interesting block art.  The hidden spikes were a bit annoying, but once you saw them once it was a good indication to look out for them in the future.  I played through the whole playlist on insane and it took me under an hour.

There was also no point in any of the maps where I had to restart.  The obstacles worked fine and some of them were interesting puzzles that I hadn't seen before.  I just think it's sad that someone can put this much time into making an awesome playlist only to get put down by a bunch of you because you landed on some spikes.

Check all the doors for see if you have a letter for each and if you have found the secret level, re-do the level where you find it without going in the secret level. Or you just have a bug maybe.

That donut guy reminds me of a certain song off of Splosion Man. I can't remember what it was called, but it plays when you pick up the huge scientist, and for those of you who play Ms. Splosion Man, it plays at the pause menu. Does anyone know the name of the song?

I don't remember but if you want the music go check the OST on Youtube.

Maybe it's this song: 

Good to know, I can't get Winston (all levels have the green mark everytime I play as host or as client on xbla) so I'll probably have to bribe my brother to come over and do this thing on local (and then give Wilson to me mwahahah).

Also, I guess you could in fact get trapped there, you'll probably be better off putting a stone block on the switch, just to be safe. ;)

Did you find the secret level? I think that's a requirement.

Yes I did, and I replayed the level with the normal ending too. No luck. I got it playing on local with my brother in the end (well at least he did and then he gave it to me!) and we didn't do the secret level in that run. Go figure :P

Anyway I'm glad to have it, it's wonderful!

• Upvote 1

Check all the doors for see if you have a letter for each and if you have found the secret level, re-do the level where you find it without going in the secret level. Or you just have a bug maybe.

>That donut guy reminds me of a certain song off of Splosion Man. I can't remember what it was called, but it plays when you pick up the huge scientist, and for those of you who play Ms. Splosion Man, it plays at the pause menu. Does anyone know the name of the song?

I don't remember but if you want the music go check the OST on Youtube.

Maybe it's this song: 

Wait I think I remember a level with a secret level. I did the secret level but never figured out if I could finish the non-secret level. Do I need to go back and replay everything or does it save the progress?

It's a pretty good first playlist to kick off with. I haven't finished Co-op yet, but I am stumped with the Solo play.
I cannot find the yarn on It's Over (Finale pt2), Checkmate (Encore 1) and Easy Peasy (Encore 3). :(
Mushroomkingdom is also giving me a run for my money with that last gem, but at least I know where that one is.