Guest_Kyle

[19-Apr-13] Announcing The First Furbottom Friday!

Just finished co-op and the host got the head but I was left out... Why do you hate me Battleblock Theater? I've done nothing but show you love!!

Is there any way to get him now? It says I have letter grades on all the levels, so there's no use in going back through it all. Am I just going to have to trade away my alien hominid for him? 

Edited by BiPolarBear
  • Upvote 1

There is a glitch that if you complete co-op only the host gets the head and the other player seems locked out from getting it.

Yup.

I played the coop feature and didn't got the head too, my friend was the host, then I played with a random guy all the levels again, I was the host, he got the head, I didn't.

This is so frustrating, any way to get it?

By the way I liked more the solo feature than the coop one, even if the level design wasn't "bbt looking" (but I loved the Super Mario stage!)

Played through both of them. Honestly I don't think the solo one was that bad. To be honest it is pretty easy to spot where the hidden spikes we for, so I didn't die to that too much. Overall the solo one was pretty easy to A++ as well. However, I can not for the life of me find out how to A++ the Mushroom Kingdom level. Completely stumped here, unless it was made to be this way.

However, I honestly have no opinion for the co-op version. Why? Because I didn't play the co-op version with anybody else, rather I played through all of it by myself (I was controlling both characters). It makes me feel rather pathetic, but I had nobody to play it with (Not a gold member too, so can't play it online). At least I got the head still though, but it sure was an ordeal to play this levels that were meant for two people instead of one. Seems like they would have been fun with another person though.

Ok I got the donut and do I ever feel dumb. I was playing the list from the community feature not the feature. That's why it didn't unlock for me the first time.

I finished all the solo levels and didn't get the donut :(

What did I do wrong? I finished the encore ones also.

Check all the doors for see if you have a letter for each and if you have found the secret level, re-do the level where you find it without going in the secret level. Or you just have a bug maybe.

>That donut guy reminds me of a certain song off of Splosion Man. I can't remember what it was called, but it plays when you pick up the huge scientist, and for those of you who play Ms. Splosion Man, it plays at the pause menu. Does anyone know the name of the song?

I don't remember but if you want the music go check the OST on Youtube.

Maybe it's this song: 

Yes, it was that song.

I can say the Co-Op playlist was incredibly fun. I finished that with my friend and rated it 5 stars. The solo mode, though, was a bit too ridiculous in the ways it killed you. It felt more like it was trying to be a kaiso, I-want-to-be-the-guy-esque playlist than it was trying to be just plain fun. That being said, it got pretty creative in the design aspect, so I can understand why it was chosen. But, I still gave it 1 star out of frustration lol.

Ok I got the donut and do I ever feel dumb. I was playing the list from the community feature not the feature. That's why it didn't unlock for me the first time.

Oh god, I did the same thing!  Spent AGES finishing all the levels, including the bonus ones, then discovered my mistake :'(  Fortunately I'd gotten so good at them from practicing the first time around that it was pretty easy the second time.

I found the solo one REALLY frustrating--there were a bunch of times I was tempted to just throw in the towel (admittedly I'm a little rusty at console gaming and had only just picked up the game that day).  But DONUT!  I'm glad I have it now!  On the bright side with that one, although it was frustrating, the repetition required to overcome some of the obstacles served to really hone my skills at it, so in that respect, it was kind of useful, as I'm much better at the game now.

Just finished the Co-op today and found it  MUCH less frustrating.  We were able to complete them in a few hours, even while playing with an 8-year old.  It was much closer to the difficulty I'd expected.

Looking forward to next week!

There is a glitch that if you complete co-op only the host gets the head and the other player seems locked out from getting it.

Yup.

I played the coop feature and didn't got the head too, my friend was the host, then I played with a random guy all the levels again, I was the host, he got the head, I didn't.

By the way I liked more the solo feature than the coop one, even if the level design wasn't "bbt looking" (but I loved the Super Mario stage!)

Hello! Anyone who is not receiving the special Head as the client -- I have a few questions for you. This issue does not seem to be happening for most users, so any info you can provide would be much appreciated!

1. What method of matching to the host did you use (invite, Quick Match, Host/Find Player Match)? 

2. Had you seen ANY other bugs or strange error messages prior to attempting to complete the Feature (such as a message saying your profile had not loaded)?

3. Did you participate in our Beta? If so, did your progress from the Beta carry over? 

4. Did you complete the playlist in its entirely with ONE host, or did you play part of the Feature with one person and part with another?

5. Had you completed the Solo playlist as well? 

6. Did either account (host or client) not actually purchase the title with the account they were using (for example: your brother actually bought the game with his profile, but you swapped to your profile and played that way)?

Thank you in advance!

Yup.

>I played the coop feature and didn't got the head too, my friend was the host, then I played with a random guy all the levels again, I was the host, he got the head, I didn't.

Hello! Anyone who is not receiving the special Head as the client -- I have a few questions for you. This issue does not seem to be happening for most users, so any info you can provide would be much appreciated!

1. What method of matching to the host did you use (invite, Quick Match, Host/Find Player Match)? 

2. Had you seen ANY other bugs or strange error messages prior to attempting to complete the Feature (such as a message saying your profile had not loaded)?

3. Did you participate in our Beta? If so, did your progress from the Beta carry over? 

4. Did you complete the playlist in its entirely with ONE host, or did you play part of the Feature with one person and part with another?

6. Did either account (host or client) not actually purchase the title with the account they were using (for example: your brother actually bought the game with his profile, but you swapped to your profile and played that way)?

Thank you in advance!

I'm answering this on behalf of my friends, it happened to 2 of them. I verified the answers with them.

1. Invite. Both of them were invited to a player match with a private slot enabled.

2. No, none.

3. One of them did not have the beta. The other did, he doesn't remember if his progress carried over or not though.

4. Played the whole playlist with one host.

5. No, neither of them did at the time of completing it.

6. No, it was purchased on the same account they use.

Hope this helps.

Thank you in advance!

Even though I got the head in the end I'm going to answer your questions hoping to help you troubleshoot the problem:

1. & 4. My friend hosted a game with a private slot enabled and then he invited me. After completing the playlist from start to end with him he got the unlock and I didn't. We tried another time (I hosted) but still no luck. After that I tried with the quick match feature, again as a client, but unfortunately it didn't work. In the second and third run all the levels were marked as done for me.

2. Nope, no errors of any sort.

3. I didn't.

5. I hadn't completed the solo playlist at the time of my first coop run, or the second. I had before the third try though.

6. I can't say for the random guy I played with via matchmaking but both me and my friend actually purchased the game with our profiles. In the end I played with my brother on local loading his profile on my xbox (he didn't purchase the game) and he got the unlock. I then proceeded to bribe him into trading it to me... :ninja:

There's nothing else that seems relevant coming to mind at the moment, if you have more questions I'll be happy to help :)

Thanks for trying to fix this!

Edited by boolf

Thanks to both of you -- this is a huge help. 

When the client accepted the invite, what screen was the client on? Did the client accept the invite from in-game (using the Quick Menu), the Dashboard, or some other method?

When the client accepted the invite, what screen was the client on? Did the client accept the invite from in-game (using the Quick Menu), the Dashboard, or some other method?

One of my friends hit this too, I'll try to get more info out of him.

For reasons like this, I hope you'll be able to unlock all of these prisoners again in the future.

I was on the game main menu when the invite popped up. I hit the guide menu and accepted the invite from there.

I don't know if this is relevant or related in any way, but after playing a multiplayer match I was sent back to my dashboard and when I relaunched the game I had discovered I lost all my game data. That was back like 2 weeks ago, so I have all my stuff back now, but I just wanted to let you know in case it has anything to do with people losing their stuff on co-op. Only odd thing I saw that day before doing the co-op was a message when I tried to join saying my last match didn't close yet or something. 

Should I just play local match with my brother, or since it says I did all the levels will I just be locked from getting Winston? 

I don't know if this is just a coincidence, but I noticed everyone who responded said they were in a private match, and I remember my friend put it on private so I could join because the other time he hosted someone joined. Is the private slot keeping people from technically "being" in the match or something?

Should I just play local match with my brother, or since it says I did all the levels will I just be locked from getting Winston? 

That worked for me, even though only my brother did unlock the head and then he gave it I made him give it to me in the gift shop.

Edited by boolf

Hi everyone -- thanks again for all your help on the issue with the heads. We feel we have enough information from the community on this issue now. We'll be looking into it internally. :)

If you do happen to run into this one, the only workaround we're aware of is the one described by boolf -- if you re-play the feature locally with another account as Player 1 (a free silver account is fine), the other account will earn the head and can trade it back to you. 

Thanks everyone for your understanding and patience!

Too much EFFORT!

I agree, this is too much effort.  I might start skipping the prisoners.  Maybe they will just be DLC later or something.

Just to clarify and add some additional information -- it appears that this issue occurs with a percentage of players who accept invites from the Dashboard. 

You can ensure this bug does not get induced with future heads by booting up the game, progressing to the Furbottom's Features screen, and accepting invites from the Guide menu (press the large circular button in the center of your controller). 

This workaround is only for those who have already run into this issue already. Apologies for any frustration you've experienced -- we understand this is not ideal and are looking into it. Unfortunately, we do not have a timeline for this one yet. 

Just to clarify and add some additional information -- it appears that this issue occurs with a percentage of players who accept invites from the Dashboard. 

You can ensure this bug does not get induced with future heads by booting up the game, progressing to the Main Menu screen or further, and accepting invites from the Guide menu (press the large circular button in the center of your controller). 

This workaround is only for those who have already run into this issue already. Apologies for any frustration you've experienced -- we understand this is not ideal and are looking into it. Unfortunately, we do not have a timeline for this one yet. 

For the people who played co-op last week and didn't get the head, is there anything they can do now?

You can ensure this bug does not get induced with future heads by booting up the game, progressing to the Main Menu screen or further, and accepting invites from the Guide menu (press the large circular button in the center of your controller). 

For the people who played co-op last week and didn't get the head, is there anything they can do now?

Yes! I wouldn't want to wait to get the Winston head either (he's a pretty darn cute dog, I've petted him myself). 

If you have another LIVE account that's already on your system which has NOT yet earned the Winston head, play the Feature again locally with this new account signed in as Player 1 and your primary account as Player 2.  Player 1 will earn the head, and can trade it back to your primary account. You can also create a free Silver account for this purpose.

Please note this workaround will NOT work with a Guest as Player 1, as Guests cannot use the Trading Booth. 

Again, we understand that this is not ideal and apologize for any extra work/frustration. Hopefully this will allow you to earn the head as we look into this issue further.

Yes! I wouldn't want to wait to get the Winston head either (he's a pretty darn cute dog, I've petted him myself). 

If you have another LIVE account that's already on your system which has NOT yet earned the Winston head, play the Feature again locally with this new account signed in as Player 1 and your primary account as Player 2.  Player 1 will earn the head, and can trade it back to your primary account. You can also create a free Silver account for this purpose.

Please note this workaround will NOT work with a Guest as Player 1, as Guests cannot use the Trading Booth. 

Again, we understand that this is not ideal and apologize for any extra work/frustration. Hopefully this will allow you to earn the head as we look into this issue further.

Sorry, I meant for the chicken head from last week if you played co-op and it didn't unlock.