Sign in to follow this  
Jfigz

Didn't Unlock Winston!

I was playing with my friend and we beat the playlist together. When we finished he unlocked Winston, but I didn't. Any help?

Are you sure you played the correct playlist? Just for confirmation, the finale levels should have had a whole bunch of boulders and treadmills.

Otherwise, the only possibility I could think of is that you didn't complete the level that had the secret room in it. If you find the secret room, it tosses you out of the level, but it doesn't count the level as complete.

This also happened to my friend and I. After we finished, I unlocked Winston, but he did not. We completed all levels, no secrets. Any idea what might have happened? Or how he can unlock it?

Edited by TJPOWERuloveit

Are you sure you played the correct playlist? Just for confirmation, the finale levels should have had a whole bunch of boulders and treadmills.

Otherwise, the only possibility I could think of is that you didn't complete the level that had the secret room in it. If you find the secret room, it tosses you out of the level, but it doesn't count the level as complete.

That is weird. My self and Co-op partner both unlocked Winston and we went to the secret room in that level. We never went back either.

This happened to a friend and I as well. I hosted the co-op feature. On completion (after the finale level), I unlocked the head and he didn't. We played through all stages again with him hosting (including the secret) and it still wouldn't unlock.

This happened to a friend and I as well. I hosted the co-op feature. On completion (after the finale level), I unlocked the head and he didn't. We played through all stages again with him hosting (including the secret) and it still wouldn't unlock.

This also happened to my friend and I. After we finished, I unlocked Winston, but he did not. We completed all levels, no secrets. Any idea what might have happened? Or how he can unlock it?

I was playing with my friend and we beat the playlist together. When we finished he unlocked Winston, but I didn't. Any help?

Hi there! We're receiving reports that a percentage of players who accept an invite to the Feature are running into this issue. We're looking into it at The Behemoth, but in the meantime, here is a workaround that will allow you to earn the Winston head: 

If you have another LIVE account that's already on your system which has NOT yet earned the Winston head, play the Feature again locally with this new account signed in as Player 1 and your primary account as Player 2.  Player 1 will earn the head, and can trade it back to your primary account in the Trading Booth. You can also create a free Silver account for this purpose.

Please note this workaround will NOT work with a Guest as Player 1, as Guests cannot use the Trading Booth. 

We understand this is not ideal, but hopefully this will enable you to earn the head as we look into this issue further. We apologize for any frustration you may have experienced!

Just completed the furbottom co-op with a friend to get him the winston head. I had already done it a few days ago. When we completed the finale he wasn't awarded the head even though we went through every level. Is this a bug?

My girlfriend and I just completed every level, not including the secret level and the head did not unlock for her.

When we went to replay the levels, she was killed by the boulder in the lower right corner of 1-2 and made it impossible for us to complete the level. We have to replay every level in the feature again now, because of that.

I was planning on testing the idea that if I traded my Winston head to her, and completed another level, if it would unlock again for me, but we didn't get to because of the roadblock. We also weren't able to test if the completion of the secret level unlocked it for her because of the same problem.

Guess we'll just have to run through the whole thing again. It's a good thing these levels are well made, apart from the level breaks that make you start over from the first level.

EDIT: 

There is a post on this in technical issues found http://forums.thebehemoth.com/index.php?/topic/14892-didnt-unlock-winston/'>here.

Here's the post in that thread by the fantastic Lindsay_Behemoth.

Hi there! We're receiving reports that a percentage of players who accept an invite to the Feature from the Dashboard are running into this issue. We're looking into it at The Behemoth, but in the meantime, here is a workaround that will allow you to earn the Winston head: 

If you have another LIVE account that's already on your system which has NOT yet earned the Winston head, play the Feature again locally with this new account signed in as Player 1 and your primary account as Player 2.  Player 1 will earn the head, and can trade it back to your primary account in the Trading Booth. You can also create a free Silver account for this purpose.

Please note this workaround will NOT work with a Guest as Player 1, as Guests cannot use the Trading Booth. 

We understand this is not ideal, but hopefully this will enable you to earn the head as we look into this issue further. We apologize for any frustration you may have experienced!
Edited by DarkenedNight

Hey Lindsay,

We joined one another (my girlfriend and I) directly from the main menu, so there may be a string of cases that do not originate solely from the dashboard; trying your workaround now, thanks for getting back to us!

EDIT:

Are you saying that we must replay the entire feature locally with both of these accounts (the second and primary) to unlock the head? Simply starting up the feature with both accounts signed in did not unlock the head for me.

Edited by DarkenedNight

Yes, you have to complete again the feature with the secondary account as player 1. That way it'll unlock Winston for the secondary account and you can trade him back to your other profile :)

Hey Lindsay,

We joined one another (my girlfriend and I) directly from the main menu, so there may be a string of cases that do not originate solely from the dashboard; trying your workaround now, thanks for getting back to us!

EDIT:

Are you saying that we must replay the entire feature locally with both of these accounts (the second and primary) to unlock the head? Simply starting up the feature with both accounts signed in did not unlock the head for me.

Correct, you'll need to replay the entire Feature locally. 

We know this is a lot of (virtual) legwork and we're weighing some options to address the issue.

This workaround is for those who reeeeally want that puppy head ASAP (it is pretty adorable). Unfortunately, we don't have a timeline on any solutions right now, so we recommend that you try out the workaround if you are able to. :)

Just completed the furbottom co-op with a friend to get him the winston head. I had already done it a few days ago. When we completed the finale he wasn't awarded the head even though we went through every level. Is this a bug?

Merging this into the thread over in the Technical Issues forum to keep things nice and tidy.

My partner and I also are having this issue. The Winston head unlocked for me, but not for her. It also happened during the Chicken Behemoth head and she unfortunately missed out on that one as well.

Hope you're able to fix it soon. May I request you don't update the furbuttom feature with new heads until this is fixed? Sucks for anyone having the bug.

My partner and I also are having this issue. The Winston head unlocked for me, but not for her. It also happened during the Chicken Behemoth head and she unfortunately missed out on that one as well.

Hope you're able to fix it soon. May I request you don't update the furbuttom feature with new heads until this is fixed? Sucks for anyone having the bug.

Apologies this happened to your partner! We're aware this issue has occurred with both the Winston and the Chicken Prisoners, and are exploring some options right now. 

In the meantime, if she'd like to get the Prisoners NOW she can -- it's just some virtual legwork. I describe the workaround up above, but here's a quick repost:

If you have another LIVE account that's already on your system which has NOT yet earned the Winston Prisoner, play the Feature again locally with this new account signed in as Player 1 and your primary account as Player 2.  Player 1 will earn the Prisoner, and can trade it back to your primary account in the Trading Booth. You can also create a free Silver account for this purpose.

We understand this is not ideal, but hopefully this will enable you to earn the head as we look into this issue further.