IndustrialKnight

Fake Pokemon Card

So just this morning I was in this before school program helping kids, and some 1st graders were playing the pokemon card game. I got bored so I taught them the real way to play using energy cards,retreat costs,etc. One kid asked about energy cards so I asked to look through his deck and show him the different kinds. While flipping through. Something caught my eye. It was just a normal Vullaby did average damaged attacks, what you'd expect from a basic card. All professional looking with copyright, illustrators name. The kid told me that was his best card. A little confused until I looked at the HP which was at 5000. I told him it's a fake card and told him when you play it just take out 2 zeros and make it 50. 

So anyway, was it fake, real, if it was fake, the guy who made it put a lot of time into it, or was it some kind of misprint?  :?

Edited by IndustrialKnight

Hm... did you actually pick up the card and touch it? Did it have that glossy kinda feel? If it was just on printer paper I'd say, totally a fake. But if it had that legit texture, might've been a misprint... or someone went through a lotta trouble just to make a fake card.

Then again, I'm pretty sure the cards are printed using the data from a file, so, it'd be hard to mess up something like HP like that.

Then again, I'm pretty sure the cards are printed using the data from a file, so, it'd be hard to mess up something like HP like that.

It's happened.

I can't imagine where that card could have come from, though. It'd be cool if you could take some pictures, but I know that might be difficult.

Wait, someone actually knows how to play the Pokemon TCG? Well, I just know how to look at the pretty pictures, so I congratulate people who know how to play.

To answer you Pickles it felt just like the rest of his cards, had great and official looking artwork too.

Also what I don't understand is why a vullaby???

Edited by IndustrialKnight

To answer you Pickles it felt just like the rest of his cards, had great and official looking artwork too.

Also what I don't understand is why a vullaby???

Huh, weeeeird. Yeah, it sounds like a misprint, but from Bloob's Bulbapedia link it seems like there would be more out there, if so.

kI9X1SmDM.jpg?1366853202330i like this card (totally not fake or anything)

AND i know how to play the right way (pick five cards that are your best,you do not draw you pick, then you see whose card is better and you win and you don't need the energy card its just for show)...by the way ...JK i do know how to play with the energy cards and stuff

Edited by AAcat

The card is totally legit at first glance, but the pic on it was apparently made by an artist that goes by the nickname of "AWSOME". There is no E, but it proves nothing - they've paid this guy to draw, not to write. So, I went through all the authors of Pokemon TCG - and guess what! He isn't one! DUM DUM DUUUUUUUUUUUUUM.

The card is totally legit at first glance, but the pic on it was apparently made by an artist that goes by the nickname of "AWSOME". There is no E, but it proves nothing - they've paid this guy to draw, not to write. So, I went through all the authors of Pokemon TCG - and guess what! He isn't one! DUM DUM DUUUUUUUUUUUUUM.

what do you mean they pay me to draw and wright? WHO IS THEY? and i forgot the E but i fix that now

Man Pokemon was the coolest thing ever at my elementary school. Everyone either had the cards, watched the show, or owned a game.

I used the collect the cards, but I didn't learn how to play with them until 3rd grade or so. I still kind of remember it. (To be honest if I remember correctly it's not that hard to learn or remember) I don't know anyone that still plays, but judging solely on commercials I'd say the game has changed a lot and a huge power creep has come along. Any truth to that?

Also I remember when this card was the end all card:

Charizard.jpg

• Upvote 1

Man Pokemon was the coolest thing ever at my elementary school. Everyone either had the cards, watched the show, or owned a game.

I used the collect the cards, but I didn't learn how to play with them until 3rd grade or so. I still kind of remember it. (To be honest if I remember correctly it's not that hard to learn or remember) I don't know anyone that still plays, but judging solely on commercials I'd say the game has changed a lot and a huge power creep has come along. Any truth to that?

Charizard.jpg

i had that card but i was a idiot and traded it for a stack of unknowns (unknowns the pokemon) I just want to punch myself for trading it

Charizard.jpg

That card is destructive! Basically attach any color energy to it use the energy burn and you're basically invincible!  :shock:

-CLIPPED-

Oh, you mean this end all card?

post-1902-0-31093900-1366861862_thumb.jpg

-CLIPPED-

Well it looks like we have a regular Pokemon master in our presence.

Also not to derail, but what are those bottles in the background?

-CLIPPED-

Well it looks like we have a regular Pokemon master in our presence.

Also not to derail, but what are those bottles in the background?

I've had this card since I was six years old.  I have all of my old cards that I actually wanted to keep, the rest I gave away.  I even have the red cheek Pikachu.

And those are Diet A&W bottles.

I lost my Charizard card a loooong time ago. :cry:

I used to play the TCG, but I stopped around the time the game got an overhaul when Diamond and Pearl came out. Much monies were wasted on booster packs.

I've had this card since I was six years old.  I have all of my old cards that I actually wanted to keep, the rest I gave away.  I even have the red cheek Pikachu.

I won't lie. I had to look up red cheeked Pikachu, and then spend about 10 minutes figuring out how it was different from the standard.  :oops:

Also I had no idea old Pokemon cards were still so much. I figured with years of making new cards,  the old cards would cost however much a coaster is going for now adays.

Edited by T Diamond

I won't lie. I had to look up red cheeked Pikachu, and then spend about 10 minutes figuring out how it was different from the standard.  :oops:

Also I had no idea old Pokemon cards were still so much. I figured with years of making new cards,  the old cards would cost however much a coaster is going for now adays.

I traded my red cheek Pikachu when I was younger then I discovered it's wonderfulness and hated my self ever since

So back to topic for a second or so. Just today I found that kid and traded the vullaby for my wartortle. and on closer inspection, it's full of errors, in one of it's attack's description. "attacks" is misspelled "attzcks" and there is no space after a comma. Then the next attack, Gust which only did 20 damage, costs a dark energy and three colorless energy, which is quite high for such a basic attack. Also it's retreat cost was 4 energies, which is once again an outrageous amount for a basic pokemon. Thoughts?

So back to topic for a second or so. Just today I found that kid and traded the vullaby for my wartortle. and on closer inspection, it's full of errors, in one of it's attack's description. "attacks" is misspelled "attzcks" and there is no space after a comma. Then the next attack, Gust which only did 20 damage, costs a dark energy and three colorless energy, which is quite high for such a basic attack. Also it's retreat cost was 4 energies, which is once again an outrageous amount for a basic pokemon. Thoughts?

I guess its the price to pay for a 5000 hp vullaby

That card is so legit man

...What's the 'Red Cheeked Pikachu'?

You know how Pikachu has red cheeks and they turn yellow when he/she uses electric attacks and stuff?  Well, the original Pikachu card showed Pikachu with sparks coming out of it's cheeks, but they were red instead of the proper yellow.  They fixed it with a second production run.